• Yes

Votes: 515 36.3%
  • No

Votes: 904 63.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbers

Based on what. Most of the fanbase has probably never heard of him. Why would he automatically get more time than Rodgers who has actually had success in this country?
Obviously based on the fact that he's not an ex Liverpool manager with a history of bottling, and that the vast majority of fans, online and in Manchester, don't rate or want Rodgers.

Shark

@NotShark
The fact that many fans feel this move is the wrong one because of his connections to the scousers is actually positive because if he flops he'll be swiftly sacked unlike Solskjaer who needed to literally implode for many to realise he's a terrible manager. If Rodgers thrives and gets us playing football again all the better.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Obviously based on the fact that he's not an ex Liverpool manager with a history of bottling, and that the vast majority of fans, online and in Manchester, don't rate or want Rodgers.
What has he bottled? And don't say Liverpool because that is very questionable and I don't consider Leicester 'bottling'.

hobbers

What has he bottled? And don't say Liverpool because that is very questionable and I don't consider Leicester 'bottling'.
You might not like to class anything he's failed at as bottling, but everyone else does.

These arguments you're trying to use for Rodgers could all be used interchangeably for us hiring Gareth Southgate, just to give you an idea how weak they are.

1. British
2. Fans have heard of him
3. "Success" in the country

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
You might not like to class anything he's failed at as bottling, but everyone else does.

These arguments you're trying to use for Rodgers could all be used interchangeably for us hiring Gareth Southgate, just to give you an idea how weak they are.

1. British
2. Fans have heard of him
3. "Success" in the country
Liverpool and Leicester both overachieved and couldn't sustain their levels because they had no squad depth, particularly in Leicester's case with all their defensive injury problems.

1. I couldn't really care less about him being British.

2. When have I stated that as a pro for hiring Rodgers? I stated that Ten Hag is unlikely to get "unanimous support" because a lot of people genuinely don't know who he is, which is true.

3. Winning the FA Cup with Leicester is not an achievement?

Utd7

Getting Brendan is a lateral move for us. We will improve to a certain degree because he’s not tactically inept. But overall, I don’t see much if any growth on our end product.

redrobed

Who said anything about hating England? What does recognising the lack of talent of the current crop of BRITISH managers have to do with a country? Embarrassing take. :lol:
Seen your posting history mate. Support Munich/Madrid :lol:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I love how people actually criticise him in terms of tactics. That man has more tactical nous than every cnut in this place put together.

Sure he’s an absolute fecking dog whom left his very sordid looking wife for a much, much more beautiful (and considerably younger) specimen. Sure he should absolutely go to horny jail and stop with the fecking tanning injections… … I forget the point I was trying to make about his character now.

He is bloody brilliant at this football malarkey though — I’ll not be told otherwise.

He is 3 full years younger than Ten Hag.. Also Ten Hag isn’t coming here.. he’s just not.. stop dreaming.

Objectively Rodgers is a very good coach whom always tries to play expansive football unlike some fecking ex legends of ours .

Last edited:

AkaAkuma

Ole did a good job stabilizing the club, building the squad and giving us room for optimism but we should have been ruthless and got tuchel when we had the chance or appointed a new manager this summer.

we’ve learnt from Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho and Ole that a point comes when you know there is no longer room for improvement. Great Sir Alex did it, but these guys couldn’t.

Bring Rodgers in, if he shows he can get this decent squad playing, perfect. If he can’t, move on.

As a club and fans we need to react faster than we have.

hobbers

Bring Rodgers in, if he shows he can get this decent squad playing, perfect. If he can’t, move on.
That's the crux. If we kept our next manager on a short contract and actually demanded a certain standard from them I wouldn't mind giving Rodgers a go.

But the primary reason he has appeal to the Glazers is because he's another "long term project" snake oil salesman, another rebuilding job, another cultural reboot, "top four in consecutive seasons is a sign of progression" and a continuation of the same horse shit propaganda they've been trotting out for the last 2 years with Ole.

Levi1

I love how people actually criticise him in terms of tactics. That man has more tactical nous than every cnut in this place put together.

Sure he’s an absolute fecking dog whom left his very sordid looking wife for a much, much more beautiful (and considerably younger) specimen. Sure he should absolutely go to horny jail and stop with the fecking tanning injections… … I forget the point I was trying to make about his character now.

He is bloody brilliant at this football malarkey though — I’ll not be told otherwise.

He is 3 full years younger than Ten Hag.. Also Ten Hag isn’t coming here.. he’s just not.. stop dreaming.

Objectively Rodgers is a very good coach whom always tries to play expansive football unlike some fecking ex legends of ours .
Agree about the personal foibles and I happen to think that is a tell on his character too. I don't want a manager in here that we can't respect as a person, it feels low supporting someone like that.

Also, he's appears to be a self-promoter, who would throw our club under the bus if it showed him in a better light. And he's David Brent, of Being Liverpool fame.

But he might still appeal to me if he was clearly an excellent manager, which he isn't. His teams fall away when the going gets tough at the end of the season. Despite our horrendous season this far, we're ahead of him in the league table. He's hardly lighting it up, so what's the great appeal? I suspect it's because people think that Man City are after him - that's just rumor created by him probably.

SonyaCross493

If United don't snap this tactical genius up you can bet ya savings that Manchester City will be all over Rodgers when Pep leaves as rumours said. And then all you who are saying no to Rodgers coming to United will be in the mud singing Rodgers praises calling him a tactical genius, Rodgers masterclass etc if he keeps Manchester City above United.

main thing is sacking Ole and getting a new manager who can organise and structure a team tactically in the Premier League we will be 100x better and not so inconsistent. And the best man for that right now is Rodgers. If he isn't successful we can sack him. But right now the club needs a new manager. Also will give everyone a lift.

Rodgers and Leicester will probably beat Chelsea this weekend and out-tactics Tuchel again. While United and Ole lose to relegation fodder Watford.. but yeah let's keep Ole until the summer even if it means missing out on Top 4! Let's see if any top manager (the ones people want United to get like Ten Haag and Zidane) will want to come to United with no CL football.

Last edited:

SonyaCross493

“My preference always is to play with a back four. The players, they can play out of different systems, but if I had a preferred system, I think I’ve shown it would be 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. But you can only do that with a certain type of profile”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/foxeso...endan-rodgers-formation-leicester-city-2/amp/

how nice would it be to have a United manager actually discuss tactics again!? Like a breath of fresh air..

Would love to see United play with an attacking 4-3-3 dominating smashing teams 3 and 4 nill again. We haven't played that formation for years. And I think it suits the players United have perfectly.

that's another reason I want Rodgers, he plays lovely attacking football. None of this back 5 rubbish you get from Conte and Ole.

also he won't stick with players out of favouritism like Ole. Rodgers would love someone like Donny and give him a new lease of life. Same with Sancho etc

Fred and McTominey with proper coaching might even look better players.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
“My preference always is to play with a back four. The players, they can play out of different systems, but if I had a preferred system, I think I’ve shown it would be 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. But you can only do that with a certain type of profile”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/foxeso...endan-rodgers-formation-leicester-city-2/amp/

Would love to see United play with an attacking 4-3-3 again. We haven't played that for years. And I think it suits the players United have perfectly.

that's another reason I want Rodgers, he plays lovely attacking football. None of this back 5 rubbish you get from Conte and Ole.
Rodgers set up with 3 CBs plenty of times especially when he played with 2 strikers.

He was spot on about one thing though, 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3, 3 at the back doesn't matter. It's the playing philosophy that dictates how the game is played.

hobbers

Evidently you've not seen Leicester play in a very long time.

Not even our last game against them, where Brentan had them playing with a back 5.

tenpoless

To be fair his liverpool side where they had Sturridge, Sterling and Suarez up front was scary. They were scoring for fun. I can trust him to get the best out of our attacking players but not sure if he can find a solution for the midfield. I'd take him but in one condition. If things get worse or he struggles to take the team to next level after 1-2 years, sack him. Let this be the first time we actually be more proactive. The last 3 manages were/are given too much time and they all disappoint.

mu4c_20le

To be fair his liverpool side where they had Sturridge, Sterling and Suarez up front was scary. They were scoring for fun. I can trust him to get the best out of our attacking players but not sure if he can find a solution for the midfield. I'd take him but in one condition. If things get worse or he struggles to take the team to next level after 1-2 years, sack him. Let this be the first time we actually be more proactive. The last 3 manages were/are given too much time and they all disappoint.
It was only Suarez. Sturridge was a one season wonder, and Sterling was extremely frustrating. I would even go as far as to say that he didn't utilize him correctly, because he became world class at City and tripled his numbers.

Utd7

From Ole :lol:

You must be joking.
He’s an improvement over Ole. But lateral in terms of the bigger picture (i.e. consistently competing against true, world class managers in Klopp, Pep and Tuchel).

I struggle envisioning us winning the league under Rodgers.

Witchking

He’s an improvement over Ole. But lateral in terms of the bigger picture (i.e. consistently competing against true, world class managers in Klopp, Pep and Tuchel).

I struggle envisioning us winning the league under Rodgers.
On the other hand, he has shown promise with Liverpool and if he does come and win the league here, it will be a great achievement and a bonus to piss off Liverpool fans.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If United don't snap this tactical genius up you can bet ya savings that Manchester City will be all over Rodgers when Pep leaves as rumours said. And then all you who are saying no to Rodgers coming to United will be in the mud singing Rodgers praises calling him a tactical genius, Rodgers masterclass etc if he keeps Manchester City above United.

main thing is sacking Ole and getting a new manager who can organise and structure a team tactically in the Premier League we will be 100x better and not so inconsistent. And the best man for that right now is Rodgers. If he isn't successful we can sack him. But right now the club needs a new manager. Also will give everyone a lift.

Rodgers and Leicester will probably beat Chelsea this weekend and out-tactics Tuchel again. While United and Ole lose to relegation fodder Watford.. but yeah let's keep Ole until the summer even if it means missing out on Top 4! Let's see if any top manager (the ones people want United to get like Ten Haag and Zidane) will want to come to United with no CL football.
This is sounding like the City interest in Fred and Ronaldo before we went in and signed him.

JeffFromHK

We can give him a contract till the end of the season, and see how things turn out.

NK86

Doubt anyone on here are even claiming he is not better than all of us on the caf or Ole for that matter. However if that's the sole criteria to manage United, I think there must be about a million folks out there capable of leading us. Wonder why we are then struggling to hire even one of them.

Brendan is a good manager but not good enough to compete against the likes of Pep, Klopp, Tuchel etc. He plays a more attacking brand but his Leicester team doesn't really press or handle press any good. I see Leicester and there's nothing about their play which gets you thinking that their manager is doing something amazing and just needs better players to get a world beating team.

Leicester have some really fine players. So if he's struggling with them this season (worse than we are currently), what's the point in even hiring him.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Quite a few in here really cant watch much football if they think Rodgers plays attacking or entertaining football.

passtheball

Quite a few in here really cant watch much football if they think Rodgers plays attacking or entertaining football.
I must have dreamt up that Liverpool side of 2014.

And the recent 4-2 against United in which they rang rings around our superstars. Oh, but then you can't really judge how a team plays against Ole. Anything would look good.

mu4c_20le

This is sounding like the City interest in Fred and Ronaldo before we went in and signed him.
Either that or some really bad satire :lol: if the rumours are true, then it sounds just like Fred and Sanchez all over again and they know damn well what they are doing.

You must've fallen into a coma the year after ;) Suarez hard carried them that year. The next season they fell to 6th and no one in the team scored double figures.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Either that or some really bad satire :lol: if the rumours are true, then it sounds just like Fred and Sanchez all over again and they know damn well what they are doing.
They also wanted Maguire as well. Thanks to this board we can't stop winning battles against City.

hobbers

And the recent 4-2 against United in which they rang rings around our superstars. Oh, but then you can't really judge how a team plays against Ole. Anything would look good.
They were poor against us. They've been dismal all season.

The Liverpool side was 99.5% down to Suarez being a monster.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Why is Rodgers is perfect for our board

- He won't rock the boat. That means he will probably find space for McCarricky
- Ole has Manchester United's pundits support. Rodgers would probably attract the support of the likes of Carragher as well.

Which is what truly matters

roonster09

Scout
It was only Suarez. Sturridge was a one season wonder, and Sterling was extremely frustrating. I would even go as far as to say that he didn't utilize him correctly, because he became world class at City and tripled his numbers.
Sterling was just 18-19 year old at that time.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Sterling was just 18-19 year old at that time.
Correct. People regularly overlook the fact that Rodgers made Sterling a first XI regular at 17 and he has a great track record of both promoting young players and developing them accordingly. Sterling won the Golden Boy award in 2014 under Rodgers, lest we forget, so the ‘Guardiola tripled his numbers’ argument is just lazy interpretation of statistics. Sterling at Liverpool was a frightening player, if only a little erratic in front of goal, which goes for 99% of attackers at that age.

Last edited:

roonster09

Scout
If only people gave the same credit to LVG for bringing up Rashford, or Ole for Mason.
They got lot of credit for that. But after years if someone comes up with ridiculous point like "Rashford wasn't handled well by Van Gaal because he scored more goals under Ole" then it should be called out.

JebelSherif

Supports
Huddersfield Town
Why is Rodgers is perfect for our board

- He won't rock the boat. That means he will probably find space for McCarricky
- Ole has Manchester United's pundits support. Rodgers would probably attract the support of the likes of Carragher as well.

Which is what truly matters
Sun on Sunday reporting this:
  • Brendan Rodgers has moved a step closer to the Manchester United job by going house-hunting in Cheshire.

mu4c_20le

They got lot of credit for that. But after years if someone comes up with ridiculous point like "Rashford wasn't handled well by Van Gaal because he scored more goals under Ole" then it should be called out.
They constantly get downplayed by people because they don't like them.

passtheball

They were poor against us. They've been dismal all season.

The Liverpool side was 99.5% down to Suarez being a monster.
That's what they used to say about our 07-09 side too. One man team of Ronaldo. The reality is a lot more complex. Rodgers' teams play well. Whether he can steer a talented squad to the title remains to be seen in England, but he is a different level to Ole and is well worth a try given our current dire situation.

EDIT: My initial response was to the claim that Rodgers doesn't play attacking football. He most certainly does. How would prime Suarez fare under Ole? Not great I would argue.
I will take some entertaining football if not winning football. Ole provides neither.

roonster09

Scout
They constantly get downplayed by people because they don't like them.
That has nothing to do with Rashford and Greenwood. They get criticism as they weren't good enough for ManUtd.

Status
Not open for further replies.