• Yes

Votes: 1,547 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 129 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MUFC OK

I’m literally praying we are liking this up for the summer, if it’s not possible to bring him in before. I just can’t help but feel the club wants to keep Ole no matter what though, which is incredibly worrying.

Micky Targaryen

Don't do this to yourselves lads. After missing out on Klopp, Tuchel and now Conte and dishing out premature contract extensions to Ole & Co, I don't know how anyone can have a single ounce of faith in the board to make the right recruitment decisions.

SambaBoy

I honestly don't think the board will even have him on our radar as potential manager.

It's probably just the likes of Zidane, Conte and Pochettino that the board have viewed with the idea of being the next manager.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The only hope is that - the rumour that VDB was a board signing and not an Ole signing.

Maybe then the board had kept an eye on Ajax and Ten Hag isn't a complete newbie/nobody to them.

minoo-utd

Anyone who understands football can see crystal clear how this guy is just brilliant manager.
If our board knows exactly what they are doing at least for once, they should have this guy as a priority. If we ought to keep Ole till the end of the season ( God forbid ) then the board should put long term plan to get this man and this plan should start now. Even if they considering sacking Ole soon we should hire someone til the end of the season and then get this man IMO. He worth waiting for as a real long term plan and a successful structure.

Swedish_Plumber

Got a free-ish run at him now Barca have appointed Xavi. Not sure our board will actually be speaking to anyone this far in advance though.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Got a free-ish run at him now Barca have appointed Xavi. Not sure our board will actually be speaking to anyone this far in advance though.
They should be tapping the arse off him and wooing him with something other than us being Disney Land.

Dream scenario would be getting VDS and Overmaars and compensating Ajax readily whilst hopefully forging one of those longstanding relationships that could be beneficial to both parties.

Caesar2290

Interesting tid bit I read about him in an article today. Here is his quote:

In an interview with Ajax TV in 2020, when he was asked if he was an 'extremely attack-minded coach,' he gave a very clever response;

He said: "No, because there's moments and situations where I coach differently and let my team play differently.

"It has to fit the DNA of Ajax. It might be different at another club, but even Ajax have to master different strategies in order to be successful."
Kind of destroys the whole, he is just another LVG myth. The man is more flexible than we think.

Would be interesting to see what his take on the "United Way" would be.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Interesting tid bit I read about him in an article today. Here is his quote:

Kind of destroys the whole, he is just another LVG myth. The man is more flexible than we think.

Would be interesting to see what his take on the "United Way" would be.
He says this in the video that @Adnan posted earlier actually. If you haven't seen it yet - it's really interesting.

Strootman's Finger

I think this will be another case of bad timing, unless we keep Ole till the end of the season, although then we risk not qualifying for the CL and that putting off some prospective managers like Ten Hag. But currently he is feeling the benefits of the second team he has built at Ajax, and the team is flying, in the league, but more particularly the CL, he just did the double on Dortmund. He has a good group of players, has them tuned up to his style and he is reaping the benefits. So will he give that up to take charge of a team, potentially double digits off the leaders, still unsecure in the CL, managing egos like Pogba, having to fit Ronaldo into the team whether it suits your style or not (for the record I want Ronaldo in the team, but it doesn't limit your options), dealing with the Glazers, massive fan expections, etc, etc.

Caesar2290

This is the most detailed video I've seen on the man. The Ajax host breaks everything down about Ten Hag. It's kind of ironic seeing that the Ajax fans had all the exact same concerns as the United fans do: "will he be able to handle the press?" "Will he be able to make a step up?" "Will he win the dressing room?"

An interesting thing that he mentions is that he has the exact same weakness as Ole: he sticks to his starting 11 too much and as a result burns his players out on certain occasions. The host mentions that if he is to succeed at a top club like United, he will need to adapt and trust his squad more. Very refreshing take. It's always good to know that he isn't perfect.

He does mention his flexibility and the way he sets up his teams. He basically identifies 3 core players and then builds the team and tactics around them. This is how he got a tune out of De Jong who was a CM that loved to dribble and also drop deep. Also, he is very tactically flexible. His 2018/2019 team was built to attack through the middle, while his current team is designed to use the flanks as the main attacking outlet. Personally I think that's one his greatest strength and what sets him apart from other managers such as LVG. His flexibility.

In conclusion the host mentions that he only sees Ten Hag leaving for a club like Manchester United during this summer, if United give him the keys to the kingdom so to speak.

Very interesting video and well worth your 18 minutes that you're going to spend today.

Reactions: Fortitude

Demaw

Thanks Caesar for that. He has the smarts to be a wonderful manager, good age with lots of experience. His CL efforts are so amazing considering his budget and team.

Caesar2290

Thanks Caesar for that. He has the smarts to be a wonderful manager, good age with lots of experience. His CL efforts are so amazing considering his budget and team.
Not sure if you're talking about the video or the thread in general, but you're welcome mate!

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I don't even wanna watch the video cause I'll just be more disappointed when we hire Rodgers.

Ten Hag is someone who has the potential to compete with Pep and Klopp. He can bring us the modern attractive football we've been craving. We need to pull out all the stops to get him or Zidane with Conte out of the picture.

King Kendrick

An interesting thing that he mentions is that he has the exact same weakness as Ole: he sticks to his starting 11 too much and as a result burns his players out on certain occasions. The host mentions that if he is to succeed at a top club like United, he will need to adapt and trust his squad more. Very refreshing take. It's always good to know that he isn't perfect.
Thanks for the video, will take a look.

As for this bit, while I agree with the general premise that he has to, it is a little difficult to project whether this tendency will continue when managing a bigger team such as us. The drop off in depth is much higher than it normally would be. On paper, even our second squad should have enough quality to get a victory against Ajax.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
We've added 99 votes in the past 2 days.

The question should be "Who wouldn't take Ten Hag ?"

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We've added 99 votes in the past 2 days.

The question should be "Who wouldn't take Ten Hag ?"
Polls should always be public. There will be many opponent fans who are just trolls who also votes in all threads.

ManUtd fans who don't want him, would love to see the reason why they don't want him and who should be the next manager.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Richard Arnold could be a club legend if he brings in Edwin and Hag in one fell swoop. Gets rid of all other coaches and bring in entire backroom of Ajax or whoever hag wants.

Job done. 6 champions leagues.

BlueHaze

We will miss out on him as we have with every single other good manager that's been available. It is the Glazers after all.. Prepare for Brenton Rodgers.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Richard Arnold could be a club legend if he brings in Edwin and Hag in one fell swoop. Gets rid of all other coaches and bring in entire backroom of Ajax or whoever hag wants.

You do know that Arnold would be replaced by VDS in that situation right? Because they have the same position.
I really don't get how people here keep thinking VDS is the DoF.

Flytan

You do know that Arnold would be replaced by VDS in that situation right? Because they have the same position.
They see "football guy" and assume he's in charge of that part I guess. But yeah, it's been said like a million times now.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I'm sure Arnold has a variety of roles

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
I'm sure Arnold has a variety of roles
Might be. Be he's the managing director of United and VDS is the managing director of Ajax. So i'm not sure Arnold will take a demotion just to make you happy

wise_old_man

Might be. Be he's the managing director of United and VDS is the managing director of Ajax. So i'm not sure Arnold will take a demotion just to make you happy
How about VDS taking the role of Fletcher? A complete rebuild.

cedara

How about VDS taking the role of Fletcher? A complete rebuild.
Are you dreaming dude? How a such obvious beautiful thing like that can be happened in this club? Those "mates" are destroying our club gradually like a virus. Even Gary fecking Nevile who had attacked JM/LVG/DM brutally with his rocket mouth don't dare to criticize his mate on TV when he even doesn't get no money from us, then I dont think a Daren fecking Flecher who is receiving loads of money, loads of benefit will destroy himself by doing the right thing like this. We're now a giant walking zombie with full of viruses inside called "Legend".

Womp

idiot
Gotta keep commenting to keep this thread on the front page. The board probably has no idea who to sign as a possible replacement. We gotta help them out, make the decision for them.

I'm kidding. Not really though

Redpimp

In the current situation i would take the tea lady to be the manager to be honest !

red thru&thru

Why would Edwin come if Arnold takes the job Edwin does??

hungrywing

Gotta keep commenting to keep this thread on the front page. The board probably has no idea who to sign as a possible replacement. We gotta help them out, make the decision for them.

I'm kidding. Not really though
That particular issue is relatively simple to address: fly some banners over OT.

Womp

idiot
That particular issue is relatively simple to address: fly some banners over OT.
Aye, would probably make Ten Hag more willing to join this absolute dumpster fire of a club too - knowing the fans are extremely keen on him

Status
Not open for further replies.