• Yes

Votes: 1,547 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 129 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fussball13251

Ten Hag is one of the obvious. But there are others - heck even Luis Enrique. Just so long as it is somebody that fucoses on attacking and not caution.

We're too cautious and trying too hard to be organized when the opponent has he ball. Sometimes you have to risk conceding space.

Last edited:

Caesar2290

Forgot to add in the OP:

He is really good with youth. Players like Garner, Mejbri, Galbraith, Greenwood, Laird etc are all going to benefit from getting chances and having a system to help them out make the step up to senior football.

the chameleon

Same as Marc Rose and Nagelsmann whatever happened to them.
Shows how clueless your are, Mr Flavour of the month. What's the other one? Hipster manager.

Both of those managers are now at Dortmund and Bayern Munich respectively.

What do you want? Ole to stay? Sam Allardyce or Tony Pulis? Not sure if these 'flavor of the month' type posters are WUMs or what?

the chameleon

Nope.
The archetypal flavour of the month.
It's not a flavour of the month. I think its called upgrading on an underqualified coach who is holding the club back. Called trying something different. What do you suggest?

yamo123x

Yes 100%. We need freshening up, new approach, new ideas. His track record so far is very impressive and he is the best fit.

Only concern is can he manage big players, and keep players happy at the biggest club in the world?

Ole for me is not inspriing anyone, is losing much of the fan base and we are hearing rumblings from unhappy players.
I dont see the situation getting better.... 2 wins in our next 2 games only papers over the cracks... i wish him luck as a legend of the club but he has done as much as he can at the club and we need new direction.

L1nk

Why is it that these coaches, that stupid posters here call "flavour of the month" or "hipster coaches" always end up at clubs like Bayern Munich, Dortmund, Liverpool, Chelsea etc but they are supposedly not good enough for us, please explain this to me.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Some one who would actually crate structure to our attacking play rather than put good players on the pitch and hope it works out! Yes please!

However I don't think it would work out while Ronaldo is at the club. If you are going to bring in a manager like Ten-Hag you need all the players to commit to that style of play. If you have Ronaldo he plays his game and everyone else has to adapt around him.

RedRover

Why is it that these coaches, that stupid posters here call "flavour of the month" or "hipster coaches" always end up at clubs like Bayern Munich, Dortmund, Liverpool, Chelsea etc but they are supposedly not good enough for us, please explain this to me.
Exactly. We supposedly need someone to challenge Pep, Klopp and Tuchel. Only one of them was "proven" before they pitched up in the PL and we probably could have had either of Klopp or Tuchel when they were out of work.

What we should be asking is why the club seem to be unable to identify the next top managers whilst other clubs can.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't think Ronaldo is this Albatross that can't be convinced to press if his coach requires it. I think he can be asked to play with far more intensity off the ball while his minutes are managed.

Sviken

Arrogance. A large part of our fanbase is deluded to think that any non-top 3 coach is destined to fail here and the rest of the coaches in the world are all lining up for the United job, just waiting for us to call them, because we're that special.

MUFC OK

I actually think the "barca style of play" would go down well at united. Purely because it seeks to dominate the opposition and create chances.

I think he'd pick a team like this out of what we have currently. Remember that in practice this is more like a 3 at the back with Matic dropping deep to recieve the ball and form a back 3:

____________DDG
Dalot Varane Lindelof Shaw
_________Matic VDB
__________Bruno
Sancho___________ Martial
_________Ronaldo

MUFC OK

Ole for me is not inspriing anyone, is losing much of the fan base and we are hearing rumblings from unhappy players.
I dont see the situation getting better.... 2 wins in our next 2 games only papers over the cracks... i wish him luck as a legend of the club but he has done as much as he can at the club and we need new direction.
You surely can't believe that is a possibility - it's getting worse week on week.

Flexdegea

He the only manager I would take at the moment to replace Ole if his time is up.

As some other people have already said, I'm not for short term planning by just bringing in another manager for sake of it just too go thru the same process again in years time.

Haag ticks so many boxes and would defo be progressive forward planning appointment.......where as so folk want Ole sacked just to bring in someone like Conte. Wouldn't endorse that at all

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
he's not as good as a manager as most people here think.

It takes him a long time to get everything up and running and he rivals Ole with his sub making skills.
Both of which will result in a horrible time when injuries pop up.

But when everything is the way he likes it, it's really good.

So if he comes to United, the fans need to have a bit of patience before the desired way of playing is fully implemented.

Caesar2290

It takes him a long time to get everything up and running and he rivals Ole with his sub making skills.

So if he comes to United, the fans need to have a bit of patience before the desired way of playing is fully implemented.
He will get lots of patience here. Our fans defended the likes of Moyes, LvG and Mourinho to the death. A young and attacking coach will get way more love than any of those dinosaurs ever got.

Kaos

I don't think patience will be an issue. If anything we're far too patient as a club when it comes to underperforming managers and players.

I just think the fans want to see a plan or system being developed in the way we approach games. I wouldn't mind us not winning anything for a season or two so long as it looks we're building something that will eventually materialise into success. All we have with Ole right now is "go out there and lets give it a proper go lads, Ole at the wheel".

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He will get lots of patience here. Our fans defended the likes of Moyes, LvG and Mourinho to the death. A young and attacking coach will get way more love than any of those dinosaurs ever got.
Ten Hag is older than Moyes was when he got the job.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Young, fresh, has a tangible system of play. Yes please. He's the sort of manager we should gamble for.
All of the things you mention disqualify him from the United job. We are not allowed to make smart decisions.

redshaw

Sounds like good value. We could put the other nine in the freezer for later.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He is a manager with system but has flexibility to fit any different type of players to make sure the players and the system can go along together. Almost like Klopp's flexibility and probably more suitable than Conte based on that logic. For example, he might be able to find a way to fit Bissaka to his system while Conte probably won't be able to fit Bissaka to his system. I would.

Idxomer

Shows how clueless your are, Mr Flavour of the month. What's the other one? Hipster manager.

Both of those managers are now at Dortmund and Bayern Munich respectively.

What do you want? Ole to stay? Sam Allardyce or Tony Pulis? Not sure if these 'flavor of the month' type posters are WUMs or what?
It was sarcasm but I would take Big Sam, would be fun seeing him in the dugout every game.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
His style of play really suit my taste. Ajax let go of many of their star players almost ever year, but they're still able to play good football.

OleGunnar20

Potter would be another Moyes. The players would not respect him enough and the first moment things would turn sour they'd play to get him sacked.
Ayye, I can see the logic there. Although he's 10x more suited tactically to us than Moyes ever was, a lack of gravitas would be a concern.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Potter would be another Moyes. The players would not respect him enough and the first moment things would turn sour they'd play to get him sacked.
This is lazy comparisons. The players had a some respect for Moyes but it went out the window when he started asking stupid shit like watching videos of Jagielka.

Potter doesnt do that, hes a progressive manager with a brand of football that players can buy into.

Tony247

I voted Yes and at this point I would take any reasonable manager over Ole. But a word of caution. Ajax has a system in place where they know what type of players play what position under what type of manager. A well oiled system can make certain players or manager better than that what they are.

I would prefer a manager who is making his team look good way above what they are, but I don't see anyone out there at the moment.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
It's not a flavour of the month. I think its called upgrading on an underqualified coach who is holding the club back. Called trying something different. What do you suggest?
Ironically both Ole and Ten Hag have the same UEFA license, and Ole has been in management for longer, albeit a year or two, so to call it upgrading an unqualified coach is inherently incorrect, but I get what you are trying to say.

I suggest sticking with Ole for the next 5 games. A loss to Liverpool, City and either of the Atalanta games and he's gone.

Not sure Ten Hag is the answer though, would prefer Zindane out of the options available to be honest.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Even though I've always doubted him slightly I'd go zidane now as nobody will give him any shit. The training ground needs to be focused and they need to start following a plan or they can get dropped whoever they are. It's tough love time now from someone with real status.

I disagree that we have the players for his formation. There's more to a team than simply whether its 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 or whatever.

In order to make the kind of tactically fluid football that Ten Haag seems to favour, you need to have players whose strengths are in that tactical, system first approach to the game. We have the opposite. Ole has assembled attackers who favour a free hand in their approach to the game and see the tactics of the team as a looser framework to play within.
DvB & Sancho would obviously thrive. Cavani would obviously thrive. Greenwood is a mouldable super talented young kid who would thrive under a top coach.
There alone is a front 4 tailor made for this manager.

Our backline, AWB aside would thrive.

Besides, I think Bruno’s too good a player to not be brilliant even in a system, just as KdB was. And Ronaldo too good a goalscorer not to be an excellent weapon for any manager.

Crimson King

This is lazy comparisons. The players had a some respect for Moyes but it went out the window when he started asking stupid shit like watching videos of Jagielka.

Potter doesnt do that, hes a progressive manager with a brand of football that players can buy into.
I don't think we should be appointing someone who's barely steered his team away from relegation two seasons running, despite the good work he appears to be doing the as well.

He wouldn't help us close the gap with Liverpool, City or Chelsea.

the chameleon

Ironically both Ole and Ten Hag have the same UEFA license, and Ole has been in management for longer, albeit a year or two, so to call it upgrading an unqualified coach is inherently incorrect, but I get what you are trying to say.

I suggest sticking with Ole for the next 5 games. A loss to Liverpool, City and either of the Atalanta games and he's gone.

Not sure Ten Hag is the answer though, would prefer Zindane out of the options available to be honest.
I'm talking about the UEFA license, Mr smart-ass. I'm talking about ideas, tactics and competency. Ole was just supposed to be a temporary stop-gap that turned into a permanent person.

Why delay the inevitable? Let's save the season. Get a caretaker if Ten Hag can't join yet.

I'm not sure about Zidane, I don't think he speaks English.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
But I don’t see why we’d do that, haven’t we learnt anything since fergie left? Each manager has had to put their stamp on it, to fail then rip it up again. Ole is on the right track with the squad but has gone as far as he can I think. We just need someone to build on what’s started, adding a tactical mindset and development of the good kids we have right now coming through. That’s why I think Ten Haag is a better shout
Also, Conte does not seem to be the total opposite of a company man, who will demand his own signings and won't accept a lot of compromise on that. He has also been buying a lot of older players at Inter. As such, he's really not veyr fit to be a stopgap manager until a proper long-term solution comes up - except if the long-term solution has the same sort of management style, but I can't think of anyone like that that United might be interested in.
That looked so surprising to me that I had to look it up. I guess you're both wrong and right. Ten Hag went into this career in 2002 to lead Twente's academy (until 2008), first became an assistant trainer in 2006, and got his first management gig in 2012. Ole became a strikers coach at United in 2007-08, managed United's reserves from 2008, and then got his first proper manager gig in 2010 at Molde. So Ten Hag started this career path earlier, but Ole got an independent management job earlier.

In any case, I think Ten Hag has been the flavour of the month since his CL semi-final in 2019 - that's some seriously flavoursome chewing gum.

OleBoiii

I had to google Ten Hag. I expected to find a 35 year old who's miraculously taken a team of nobodies to the Champions League or something. What I found was a 51 year old who's won the Dutch league twice with Ajax.

I guess his football is absolutely stunning to watch? Genuine question.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

One thing he won't get is patience on here.

Good to hear an Ajax perspective.

Teja

Ayye, I can see the logic there. Although he's 10x more suited tactically to us than Moyes ever was, a lack of gravitas would be a concern.
At the very least I think it puts the club off from going in for him. They'll look to the Moyes experience and think yet another coach that's doing well in his little sandbox but question marks on if he can actually make the step up.

It's unfortunate but it's probably a decent choice. Spurs / Arsenal might take the punt and we'll know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.