• Yes

Votes: 1,547 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 129 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lilcurt

As much as I would love him I just can't see the board going for him while Zidane or Conte are available. When the sack Ole they will go for someone who has won trophies.

hungrywing

The depressing thing is our board probably don't even know who he is. We'll miss out on another talented up and coming manager and be left scrambling around with no plan once the board finally realise the obvious fact that Ole isn't up to it.
Chin up; our board don't know who anyone is. So at least we won't miss out on him in some close-call type situation.

I'm going to be so disappointed if we don't hire him.

Just for once, I hope we sign a progressive attacking manager whose peak is still ahead of him.
Don't worry; all the big clubs are spoken for, so he'll probably end up going to some nothing club. Maybe somewhere like Newcastle.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
No, but not because he is not an improvement over Ole. He is. But Ajax plays completely different football from us, we would need a lot of time to reconfigure to that.

We are way better off with Antonio Conte and Conte is available, so why would we hire anybody else.

tenpoless

When will I be able to say this again? This is all I want, to enjoy watching my team play good football
True. If we play a good football, even if we lose it doesnt feel bad. I cant stand to watch more shit football after enduring about 7 years of them.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
No, but not because he is not an improvement over Ole. He is. But Ajax plays completely different football from us, we would need a lot of time to reconfigure to that.

We are way better off with Antonio Conte and Conte is available, so why would we hire anybody else.
Because United eventually want to compete in Europe and have something other than stupid nepotism stand behind the "United way" line. There aren't many worse coaches in European competitions than Conte. Speaking of the elite ones, of course.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Would we just be swapping “the Utd way” for “the Ajax way” Didn’t we try and do this with LVG? Is he a modern pressing manager? Are we going to keep changing to whatever is in vogue? I wouldn’t be against being pragmatic and changing with the times. I just want to know what we’d be getting into.

Suedesi

Would he leave Ajax mid-season though? People like him are not really mercenaries, I think he will want to finish the season in Amsterdam.

Suedesi

There is no young and proven manager available. We've never appointed anybody like Ten Hag before.

Moyes - a defensive, conservative dinosaur whose only qualification was being Scottish.
LVG - a proven coach, but old and out of touch.
Mourinho - as proven as it gets, but he's out of touch with modern players.
Ole - young but has never been in touch.

Conte would probably be a cross between LVG and Mourinho.

We've done old and out of touch, or young and naïve. The one thing we haven't done, and the thing Ten Hag would bring, is a young hungry manager who actually knows how to coach and needs the opportunity to prove it on a bigger scale. That's what Pep, Klopp & Co were when they started out.
Ten Hag is 51. He ain't young. Agree with everything else

tenpoless

Would we just be swapping “the Utd way” for “the Ajax way” Didn’t we try and do this with LVG? Is he a modern pressing manager? Are we going to keep changing to whatever is in vogue? I wouldn’t be against being pragmatic and changing with the times. I just want to know what we’d be getting into.
We didnt try to replace Utd way with Ajax way by hiring LvG. We were trying to build lunatic way.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We won't go for him. It'll be the most established/accomplished coaches and hence Zidane or Conte. But I prefer Ten Hag'# type more as he seems to be more q progressive coach.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It would be nice to do that for once than to be permanently stuck in a shit on the stick version of 90s ball.

Kaos

Tbh 51 is still pretty young by managerial standards. He's younger than Klopp and and around the same age as Pep.

Our 'young nd lernin' manager is only a few years younger too.

Hawks2008

Light years ahead of our intern but unfortunately doesn't have the United DNA so he clearly isn't the man for the job.

Red Stone

He's not exactly at risk of dying of old age within the time frame you'd reasonably expect a manager to stay in a job in the current climate. There's no way our next manager is going to stay even half as long as SAF did, and we need to stop dreaming about finding his like. The game doesn't work like that any more. Ten Hag is young enough to be our manager for a long time and still have time to squeeze another couple of jobs in before he retires.

wise_old_man

Would he leave Ajax mid-season though? People like him are not really mercenaries, I think he will want to finish the season in Amsterdam.
If our board has any sense of forward thinking, they will propose to Zidane for a caretaker job til summer, since Zidane wants to have the French National Team job anyway. Then we have Ten Hag joining us in the summer.

Kaos

If our board has any sense of forward thinking, they will propose to Zidane for a caretaker job til summer, since Zidane wants to have the French National Team job anyway. Then we have Ten Hag joining us in the summer.
Zidane isn't going to agree to take on a caretaker role. For starters he's reportedly not that keen on England, and to expect him to come here for essentially just over half a season, adopt to the culture and learn the language only to piss off at the end of the season just isn't going to happen. A caretaker will almost certainly be someone within the club or familiar with it. But I honestly think the board will just stick with Ole until the end of the season than giving it to Carrick or Fletcher or whoever.

Yakuza_devils

The way Ten Hag dismantle Dortmund 4-0 at major European night with progressive attacking football was unbelievable.

The whole team play as a unit and know exactly where to run, when to press together, movement on and off the ball all over the pitch, sublime passings, superb understanding and great positional play.

In comparison, it's very depressing watching Ole's negative disjointed football week in week out. We don't have a team and style of play, we have individual brilliance. Period.

I bet Glazer and Ed can't tell the difference and would like to keep Ole as long as he gets them Top 4.

Teja

No chance we get a better caretaker than Ole. The good ones will just refuse and the rest are more disruptive / worse than having a settled manager / staff in charge.

It either has to be Conte / Zidane mid-season on permanent deals or wait till end of season with Ole and revisit in the summer. That means a likely fourth place, which is fine by me.

Lebo

Just sign him cement if it’s for next season. Worry about the caretaker stuff after.
this guy ticks all the boxes kind of like Klopp in 2014.
Zidane doesn’t have a defined style of play
Conte is defensive and poor in Europe
Potter is unproven in Europe and in teams that are expected to dominate.

Reactions: Invictus

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He would be my first choice, his team plays very good football no matter who the opponents are.

mav_9me

At this point quite a few of us realize he is the obvious answer, and that we wont go for it at least not right now. We will waste the season away and then once Ole is gone, we may look we tried for him but realistically it will be a more "known" name.

MichaelRed

So we already play a 4231 with wide players & Ten Hag plays a 4231 with wide players & also plays a 433 but our players would be more suited to Conte who plays a back 3 with no wingers? This makes the opposite of sense.

AneRu

I think this attitude has alse permeated the upper echelons of the club but in reality the three players we need to replace anyway are the ones that Ten Hagen would replace too - Fred, McTominay and AWB. The difference is that unlike Ole he wouldn't need a war chest to replace them as I could see him buying a solid DM and utilizing DVB as an 8, for example whilst promoting kids like Laird.

The rest of the squad wouldn't have issues adjusting to a new style and over the years some will be replaced naturally as you would expect. What is more important is the structure and the scouting networks. We are yet to see the effectiveness of the new DOF and Fletcher in how we make decisions.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Maguire would need to sort things out as well, has been in absolute terrible form.

DDG is also not a modern keeper at all, he is not that useful for the football Ten Hag likes to play.

I think this attitude has alse permeated the upper echelons of the club but in reality the three players we need to replace anyway are the ones that Ten Hagen would replace too - Fred, McTominay and AWB. The difference is that unlike Ole he wouldn't need a war chest to replace them as I could see him buying a solid DM and utilizing DVB as an 8, for example whilst promoting kids like Laird.

The rest of the squad wouldn't have issues adjusting to a new style and over the years some will be replaced naturally as you would expect. What is more important is the structure and the scouting networks. We are yet to see the effectiveness of the new DOF and Fletcher in how we make decisions.

MichaelRed

Ole would tell us that he loves the youth & the 'United way' whilst secretly he'd be googling to see if Cafu still plays.

MichaelRed

Meanwhile we get smashed and it's all "fine margins, we dominated the game, really unlucky, ref cheated us, hit us on the counter, on another day Mason could have scored 3 shots from 35 yards, if we had just scored more and conceded less we would have won that game, world class coaches all around me, United DNA, we bounce back".

kerryman

The way Ten Hag dismantle Dortmund 4-0 at major European night with progressive attacking football was unbelievable.

The whole team play as a unit and know exactly where to run, when to press together, movement on and off the ball all over the pitch, sublime passings, superb understanding and great positional play.

In comparison, it's very depressing watching Ole's negative disjointed football week in week out. We don't have a team and style of play, we have individual brilliance. Period.

I bet Glazer and Ed can't tell the difference and would like to keep Ole as long as he gets them Top 4.
Getting Ten Hag in is a no brainer to me...his teams play excellent football and on a fraction of the budget. Ole isn't anywhere near the level of this guy!

Adnan

Talent Spotter

I'd also like to add that young CB, Timber (18) who did a superb job in handling Haaland, (who was clearly much stronger physically) is a young player that wouldn't start for us in the UCL because he'd be deemed not physical enough IMO.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I can't sing his praises enough, he's an awesome manager. The football under him has been breathtaking for such a big part of his tenure, that is exactly where you want to be as fan of a big club, constantly winning, challenging whilst being entertained weekly with lovely football. If you watch Ajax' performances from 18/19 in the CL, EL, almost every game they are the better side and even against the top teams, they gave them such a good run for their money at least. Have had some bad luck at times, poor refereeing and also often poor finishing, but performance wise, just fantastic stuff.

I need to make something clear however. Sure, Ajax doesnt have the quality of United or the biggest teams in the world, but these arent pub players. These players all (apart from the keeper), have very specific qualities which suits the way Ajax wants to play to a T and are purposely chosen for it. Most of them have their limitations as well but many of these players have qualities that even our star players lack.

Mazraoui is outrageous on the ball, his feeling for space, two footedness, dribbling, link-up play is masterly. He's much better than Dest who plays very well for Barcelona from time to time as a starter.

Daley Blind, outrageous on and off the ball. Is rather slow but his positioning, ability to pass a ball forwards, find players between the lines, long passes, so good.

Timber and Martinez are relatively short and Im sure would be considered far too short to be United defenders. But they have very good timing, are very agile and mobile, great on the ball when under pressure, good dribbling and also long range passing.

Alvarez is what Fred should be for us in theory but he has far bigger physical presence.

Just to name a few, the likes of Tadic, Berghuis, Antony also have outrageous qualities that are huge for Ajax' play. Especially Tadic, the level he has had since his arrival, and how many things he constantly gets right every single match, I have seen that with very few forwards/wingers in Europe the last few yeads. The quality of Ten Hag is bringing all this together, making a machine out of it and continuously developing the players and tactics.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United

I'd also like to add that young CB, Timber (18) who did a superb job in handling Haaland, (who was clearly much stronger physically) is a young player that wouldn't start for us in the UCL because he'd be deemed not physical enough IMO.
He did very well I believe, he's 20 though. Haaland still could have scored 3 times, and he beat Timber 3 times for all of them basically. But that's no dig on Timber, Haaland is frighteningly good.

gajender

Solskjaer only talks about utilising youth when in truth he is clearly Mourinho Mk2 conservative to the core , he could have easily used Diallo and Mjebri in the league when it was clear we weren't really challenging for the title and weren't in much danger of falling out of top4 either just to add salt to the wounds Mata's contract was renewed and Lingard contract extension is being pursued as if they have anything to contribute to United's future.

Some serious developmental time for our highly talented youngsters has been wasted due to Ole's poor management sooner he goes better it would be for all concerned.

Suedesi

He's not exactly at risk of dying of old age within the time frame you'd reasonably expect a manager to stay in a job in the current climate. There's no way our next manager is going to stay even half as long as SAF did, and we need to stop dreaming about finding his like. The game doesn't work like that any more. Ten Hag is young enough to be our manager for a long time and still have time to squeeze another couple of jobs in before he retires.
I didn't say he's at risk of dying of old age, I said he's not young. I thought he'd be like early 40's he's about the same age as Conte, Zidane, Pep, Klopp, Tuchel aka prime age etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.