• Yes

Votes: 1,547 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 129 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sviken

That's the issue I have with the bolded part. You'd think both Pep and Klopp had this mighty tast of taking on Conte and failed. In relity Pep was brand new to the PL, he finished 4th and everyone called him a blad fraud and that "he got found out in the PL". Klopp was still in the middle of assembling his Liverpool team. Suffice to say next season Pep will finish 30 points above Conte, and so will Jose Mourinho by 11 points who will be criticised and deemed not good enough.
But your argument doesn't make sense because Conte was brand new to the PL himself and unlike Guardiola he didn't have the luxury of spending 200+ million on players every season. What's even more funny is that Conte achieved 93 points in his first season. A record that was only broken twice by Guardiola and Klopp who have been in the PL for 5 years now. With his Inter side he once again reached 91 points. His highest total tally of 102 points with Juventus is yet to be reached by either Klopp or Guardiola.

When talking about Pep and Klopp I mean current Pep and Klopp who can go to 100 points a season. I don't see a point in hiring a manager that will merely improve our point tally, bring us a couple of veterans than clash with Woody in 1 year because he didn't buy Lukaku and then feck off. Not worth it.
Conte on average has a far better point tally than either Klopp or Guardiola. You may argue against the man's football, if you want, but the results are there. In terms of league management, he is probably the best at the moment. That's not to say he is guaranteed to win title because a lot of things factor into that.

And speaking of Juve, wasn't it Patricci their DOF who started their renaissance? And didn't Juve continue winning something like 9 on the trot even after Conte left?
Not really. When Conte found them they were stuck in midtable. They then went on a period of absolute dominance with him as a helm. That it continued afterwards would prove the idiots that say he leaves waste in his wake. Just the opposite. Despite his Inter stars being sold left and right, Inter is performing admirably this season with his signings leading the way.
Great manager, don't get me wrong, but the way some of you talk about him is you'd think he's Sir Alex at Aberdeen.
There is no next SAF. He's one of a kind and there never will be one like him. But Conte is the best manager available, easily at the level of Klopp and Guardiola, probably better than both when it comes to league (but that is trumped by the success Guardiola and Klopp have in the CL). And if we're gonna compete with Klopp and Guardiola, the best is what we need.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
No one can be certain on how a potential new Head Coach would perform with a group of players he hasn't coached before. But a club should have a vision on how it wants to perform going forward in the modern age. And I do believe we now have people working within a newly formed structure who can become the support for a new Head Coach which has the potential to propel us to challenge for major honours. A distinction needs to be made between the board and the people who head the football side of the club. And two of those guys (Bout and De Regt) are both Dutch, with one having worked at Ajax before. So if there's one Head Coach who would have a advantage here it's ten Hag because the aforementioned two work in our recruitment department and both understand possession football very well due to their back ground in coaching, analysing and scouting. Our recruitment structure would be helpful to ten Hag imo and we'd likely save a lot of money.

Arsene Wenger when he arrived from Japan and was appointed the Arsenal Manager, he implemented a possession play style on a squad that had the George Graham imprint all over it, where the team was known for it's back 4. Arsenal had a reputation for playing dull, boring football for years, and 'one nil to the Arsenal' was a phrase which was linked to their identity as a team. Wenger in his first full season had completely transformed the team and the transition from a dull boring team to a exciting possession heavy team was complete in a very short time which culminated in them beating us to the title in 98, playing a brand of football that was not seen at Arsenal. I can give more examples, but will use Tuchel at Chelsea who is also a Coach who implements a strong zonal/positional/possession game, which is a similar concept to ten Hag. Guardiola the same.

The reason I want ten Hag is because he implements a style of play that is exciting to watch and he's a coach who has now shown for several years that he can compete against the best in Europe whilst being handicapped financially in comparison to plenty of other clubs. And he's done that when he's lost half his first 11 to other clubs but still maintained a competitiveness in the Champions league whilst rebuilding the team.. He's already got a better record in the Champions League than Conte who has won league titles at 3 clubs with 3 billionaire owners. Still a good achievement but he's not on the level of Klopp and Guardiola and his Champions league record is awful.

There's many ways to win a trophy, but what I will say is that winning trophies playing a attack minded approach where the aim is to impose one's will on the opposition is for myself something we have lost since Fergie retired. And if you look at our rivals like City and Liverpool, they have adopted a approach through their Managers which sees them sacrifice defensive stability for goals. And that's something we've lost and not one Manager has been successful post Fergie in implementing a proactive play style. And that's simply due to who we chose to appoint as Managers without a up to date recruitment structure. But with Erik Ten Hag I see potential in us turning the tide and actually going toe to toe with the best in class. And I say that because like Guardiola and Tuchel, he's a follower of a concept that was popularised by Rinus Michels in the 70s and is a concept that has evolved and been tweaked by many including himself. It's a concept that has stood the test of time which has seen Ajax, Barcelona, Sacchi's Milan and in the present era Bayern and Germany, all benefit from.

We absolutely have the squad for possession football. And don't be surprised if ten Hag does arrive to see the emergence of one or three brilliant teenagers at the club.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That's the issue I have with the bolded part. You'd think both Pep and Klopp had this mighty tast of taking on Conte and failed. In relity Pep was brand new to the PL, he finished 4th and everyone called him a blad fraud and that "he got found out in the PL". Klopp was still in the middle of assembling his Liverpool team. Suffice to say next season Pep will finish 30 points above Conte, and so will Jose Mourinho by 11 points who will be criticised and deemed not good enough.

When talking about Pep and Klopp I mean current Pep and Klopp who can go to 100 points a season. I don't see a point in hiring a manager that will merely improve our point tally, bring us a couple of veterans than clash with Woody in 1 year because he didn't buy Lukaku and then feck off. Not worth it.

And speaking of Juve, wasn't it Patricci their DOF who started their renaissance? And didn't Juve continue winning something like 9 on the trot even after Conte left?

Great manager, don't get me wrong, but the way some of you talk about him is you'd think he's Sir Alex at Aberdeen.
Beppe Marotta is the guy that was the most influential when it came to reviving Juve imo. Paratici was someone he brought to the club. Marotta was also at Inter when they won the league.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
At Juve and Inter, the job of making sure things run smoothly after a Head Coach departure fell on the shoulders of Beppe Marotta, who is very good at his job.

Pentagruel

Loathe as I am to praise anyone affiliated with Ajax I think Ten Hag is a phenomenal coach and absolutely someone United should pursue. Ajax has dominated the Eredivisie for quite some time but Ten Hag has actually made them competitive in the CL, something his predecessors were not able to do. The players at his disposal are solid but nothing spectacular compared to the truly big clubs. Furthermore, he’s had to replace his best players and done so spectacularly. Young players have thrived under his leadership and veterans have been revived.

I think United should pursue him to replace Ole at the end of this season as he is unlikely to leave Ajax mid season. Furthermore, this gives United time to prepare for his arrival with any desires or requests he might have. If Ole doesn’t agree to being a lame duck for the rest of the season replace him with a caretaker.

For once United should pursue the right manager and take the necessary time to do that, even if it means some pain in the interim. Get your man, prepare for his arrival and give him the time to implement his vision and changes. They gave Ole 3 years which to some degree I applaud. He was the wrong man. I think Ten Hag is the right one.

MUFC OK

You’re right but this is also why it’s such a difficult decision. Right now and for next season or 2 Conte might be the best solution on paper but he’s still a risk and may win nothing with Pep, Klopp and Tuchel around and then where are we, do we then go for a progressive coach that will take another few years to implant his methods.
I think this is the dilemma, sensibly put.

Dr Pavel

This entire thread is a lot of make believe niceties and grown men giving each other a hand with 0 basis in reality.
FACTS:
Ten Hag was born in 1970 (51 years old). That is:
1 year older than Guardiola
2 years older than Zidane
3 years older than Tuchel
1 year younger than Conte
3 years younger than Klopp

Ten Hag has NEVER:
Managed outside of the Netherlands
Managed big name players
Managed big name club (don't reply to tell me Ajax is big)
Managed against other big name clubs with big name players with just as much, if not more money
Managed against world class managers (for the entire year, not a couple of CL games)

Manchester United squad, FACTS:
Ronaldo - 36 years old
Paul Pogba - 28 years old
Varane - 28 years old
De Gea - 30 years old
This is the spine of the team. We have a very short window to use this spine for all it has to offer, to add to it, and to compete with 3 other gigantuous opponents in front of us. This is NOT the time for HOPE and MAKE BELIEVE and WHAT IF. We have to be realistic and look at things for exactly what they are. Just 2 more years of hope and what not and we can say bye bye to this spine and start another rebuild.
THE TIME TO WIN IS NOW, THAT MEANS THIS SEASON, NOT THE NEXT ONE.

Is Conte the man to take us forward? Not for me, if I had my choice, I would take Zidane. Unfortunately it doesn't look like he's interested. So again, we have to be realistic and take the next best choice. And from the limited choice that we have, Conte IS the best option. So get him in!

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This entire thread is a lot of make believe niceties and grown men giving each other a hand with 0 basis in reality.
FACTS:
Same age as Simeone

Ten Hag has NEVER:
Managed big name players
Managed against other big name clubs with big name players with just as much, if not more money
Managed against world class managers (for the entire year, not a couple of CL games)

Ronaldo - 36 years old
Varane - 28 years old
De Gea - 30 years old
This is the spine of the team. We have a very short window to use this spine for all it has to offer, to add to it, and to compete with 3 other gigantuous opponents in front of us. This is NOT the time for HOPE and MAKE BELIEVE and WHAT IF. We have to be realistic and look at things for exactly what they are. Just 2 more years of hope and what not and we can say bye bye to this spine and start another rebuild.

Is Conte the man to take us forward? Not for me, if I had my choice, I would take Zidane. Unfortunately it doesn't look like he's interested. So again, we have to be realistic and take the next best choice. And from the limited choice that we have, Conte IS the best option. So get him in!
Age has feck all to do with it. 51 is young in my eyes. Whilst your point about managing big names has credence you have to look at other factors such as longevity and system that suits our squad best.

For me its Ten Hag for first choice even if we need Blanc as caretaker first. If we got any proper coach though, I really wouldnt mind who it is at this stage.

Dr Pavel

Age has feck all to do with it. 51 is young in my eyes. Whilst your point about managing big names has credence you have to look at other factors such as longevity and system that suits our squad best.

For me its Ten Hag for first choice even if we need Blanc as caretaker first. If we got any proper coach though, I really wouldnt mind who it is at this stage.
It's not about how old he is but what he and his contemporaries have achieved around the same age. He has won virtually feck all. 2 times champion in Netherlands? Ole also 2 time champion in Norway. feck ALL.
>longevity
Kek this is the same argument for giving Ole and Moyes the job. We should give 0 feck about longevity. Like I said, win NOW.
>system
Kek what system? I have 0 idea about any manager's system and I don't believe for a second any poster on this forum do either. Watching a few youtube videos and reading a couple of blog posts don't make anyone a football expert. So please spare me your nonsense.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's not about how old he is but what he and his contemporaries have achieved around the same age. He has won virtually feck all. 2 times champion in Netherlands? Ole also 2 time champion in Norway. feck ALL.
>longevity
Kek this is the same argument for giving Ole and Moyes the job. We should give 0 feck about longevity. Like I said, win NOW.
>system
Kek what system? I have 0 idea about any manager's system and I don't believe for a second any poster on this forum do either. Watching a few youtube videos and reading a couple of blog posts don't make anyone a football expert. So please spare me your nonsense.
Dont get loud with me mate, I am talking about the virtues of Ten Hag. If you're going to lazily compare him to Ole to drive your arguments then dont bother formulating any posts.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
No one can be certain on how a potential new Head Coach would perform with a group of players he hasn't coached before. But a club should have a vision on how it wants to perform going forward in the modern age. And I do believe we now have people working within a newly formed structure who can become the support for a new Head Coach which has the potential to propel us to challenge for major honours. A distinction needs to be made between the board and the people who head the football side of the club. And two of those guys (Bout and De Regt) are both Dutch, with one having worked at Ajax before. So if there's one Head Coach who would have a advantage here it's ten Hag because the aforementioned two work in our recruitment department and both understand possession football very well due to their back ground in coaching, analysing and scouting. Our recruitment structure would be helpful to ten Hag imo and we'd likely save a lot of money.

Arsene Wenger when he arrived from Japan and was appointed the Arsenal Manager, he implemented a possession play style on a squad that had the George Graham imprint all over it, where the team was known for it's back 4. Arsenal had a reputation for playing dull, boring football for years, and 'one nil to the Arsenal' was a phrase which was linked to their identity as a team. Wenger in his first full season had completely transformed the team and the transition from a dull boring team to a exciting possession heavy team was complete in a very short time which culminated in them beating us to the title in 98, playing a brand of football that was not seen at Arsenal. I can give more examples, but will use Tuchel at Chelsea who is also a Coach who implements a strong zonal/positional/possession game, which is a similar concept to ten Hag. Guardiola the same.

The reason I want ten Hag is because he implements a style of play that is exciting to watch and he's a coach who has now shown for several years that he can compete against the best in Europe whilst being handicapped financially in comparison to plenty of other clubs. And he's done that when he's lost half his first 11 to other clubs but still maintained a competitiveness in the Champions league whilst rebuilding the team.. He's already got a better record in the Champions League than Conte who has won league titles at 3 clubs with 3 billionaire owners. Still a good achievement but he's not on the level of Klopp and Guardiola and his Champions league record is awful.

There's many ways to win a trophy, but what I will say is that winning trophies playing a attack minded approach where the aim is to impose one's will on the opposition is for myself something we have lost since Fergie retired. And if you look at our rivals like City and Liverpool, they have adopted a approach through their Managers which sees them sacrifice defensive stability for goals. And that's something we've lost and not one Manager has been successful post Fergie in implementing a proactive play style. And that's simply due to who we chose to appoint as Managers without a up to date recruitment structure. But with Erik Ten Hag I see potential in us turning the tide and actually going toe to toe with the best in class. And I say that because like Guardiola and Tuchel, he's a follower of a concept that was popularised by Rinus Michels in the 70s and is a concept that has evolved and been tweaked by many including himself. It's a concept that has stood the test of time which has seen Ajax, Barcelona, Sacchi's Milan and in the present era Bayern and Germany, all benefit from.

We absolutely have the squad for possession football. And don't be surprised if ten Hag does arrive to see the emergence of one or three brilliant teenagers at the club.
Completely agree. But I'm not seeing any strong links to Ten Hag. We don't seem to be interested in quality of football just big names and CV. Which is fine but I hope we don't miss out on another top class coach and regret it later on.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
>longevity
>system
Neither does our board which is why we're in this mess. The football doesn't seem to ever matter.

Dr Pavel

Dont get loud with me mate, I am talking about the virtues of Ten Hag. If you're going to lazily compare him to Ole to drive your arguments then dont bother formulating any posts.
>virtues
Cringe. You have 0 argument "mate". Don't reply to my posts ever again.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
>virtues
Cringe. You have 0 argument "mate". Don't reply to my posts ever again.
God knows what youre on about. Youre literally saying a bunch of random words which arent linked and getting loud for no reason.

EtH

FACTS:

Ten Hag has NEVER:
Managed big name players

Ronaldo - 36 years old
Varane - 28 years old
De Gea - 30 years old

Fachts.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
And from the limited choice that we have, Conte IS the best option. So get him in!
I’m not a massive fan of the idea of Conte coming here but I agree with you. If we want to actually make the most of the squad we have right now, which I think is a fantastic squad albeit light of a quality DM, we need someone who can come in and make an immediate impact. Conte, even though he comes with a few red flags, has the experience and personality to do that.

Instinctively, Conte isn’t my preferred choice but may make sense right now under the assumption it won’t last longer than a couple of seasons. Then, when it is time to rebuild evaluate Ten Hag, or whoever else is doing well at the time.

hungrywing

Dear Glazers, (and/or intern tasked with reading the fan forums and reporting to said Glazers)

Just read the bolded bit.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Hansi Flick was 54, when he got the gig at Bayern after being part of Niko Kovac's back room staff. And Bayern gave Flick the job because he had a way of playing the game which was proactive in nature.

1. The likes of Conte and Mourinho have one thing in common when it comes to their football ideology which is summed up by the following 'your opponents will make mistakes, so you don't have to force mistakes, you can just wait'

2. The likes of ten Hag, Klopp, Nagelsmann, Flick, Guardiola etc have one thing in common which is summed up by the following 'we will come to you and force mistakes out of you, unhinge your defensive structure in the quest to impose our game upon you'

We have gone away from #2 and it's about time we got back to that imo.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Hansi Flick was 54, when he got the gig at Bayern after being part of Niko Kovac's back room staff. And Bayern gave Flick the job because he had a way of playing the game which was proactive in nature.

1. The likes of Conte and Mourinho have one thing in common when it comes to their football ideology which is summed up by the following 'your opponents will make mistakes, so you don't have to force mistakes, you can just wait'

2. The likes of ten Hag, Klopp, Nagelsmann, Flick, Guardiola etc have one thing in common which is summed up by the following 'we will come to you and force mistakes out of you, unhinge your defensive structure in the quest to impose our game upon you'

Is Conte style similar to Jose because I have seen a lot of people disagreeing with that.
But I completely agree with your point. We should be bold in our new manager choice and bring some entertainment factor back into our football. It’s been so long that we have properly dominated any match

Dr Pavel

Bayern and Manchester are different clubs with very different circumstances.
1. Bayern play in 1 team league. Manchester has to compete with 3 others.
2. Bayern already has history of success with managers with similar style of play in van Gaal and Guardiola ie. team oriented mentality, high defensive line, compact shape, possession etc
3. Bayern already has very good team
Just because Flick won with Bayern doesn't mean Ten Hag will win with Manchester.

I have no idea if your grouping is accurate or not. But "styles" and "ideology" is not what we need right now. WIN is what we want.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
2. Bayern already has history of success with managers with similar style of play in van Gaal and Guardiola ie. team oriented mentality, high defensive line, compact shape, possession etc
Just because Flick won with Bayern doesn't mean Ten Hag will win with Manchester.

I have no idea if your grouping is accurate or not. But "styles" and "ideology" is not what we need right now. WIN is what we want.
Bayern also play in the Champions League and hired Flick at 54, who has a defined way of playing the game, What has the German BuLi got to do with Flick's ability to coach? And Bayern have a history of success because they go out there and hire Head Coaches who have a defined way of playing attacking football. That doesn't mean they don't make mistakes, they do. But you reset and go again. You have to attempt to make a change, which I believe we should do imo.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

1. League is irrelevant, Flick got praised for winning everything, and winning it in style (8-2 against Barca for example).
2. True, Bayern have a philosophy since van Gaal was there, and Flick fitted that well.
3. Every top club has a strong squad, United has too at the moment. Aa you say you just need a manager who can take THIS squad to glory now.

So I absolutely agree that you have to bring someone in who is confident to say "I know how to win something with this bunch". Feck off every candidate who uses the word "rebuild". United at this moment has no identity, it does not matter which kind of philosophy the new manager has, he simply has to win.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Is Conte style similar to Jose because I have seen a lot of people disagreeing with that.
But I completely agree with your point. We should be bold in our new manager choice and bring some entertainment factor back into our football. It’s been so long that we have properly dominated any match
There's some differences in the build up phase but they both approach games to first and foremost maintain defensive structure. They're both reactive coaches and their teams can still score a good amount of goals playing that way if they have enough quality in the team.

BarstoolProphet

Good post. Want that one.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Ajax have been very impressive under ten Haag. He must be a great coach. But he is a bit odd, and I would be really worried about how he would handle pressure and struggle (poor times). Cause at Man Utd he would face both.

Dr Pavel

What has the German BuLi got to do with Flick's ability to coach?
Easy league means he can concentrate on the CL. Even Kovac won the German league.
And Bayern have a history of success because they go out there and hire Head Coaches who have a defined way of playing attacking football. That doesn't mean they don't make mistakes, they do. But you reset and go again. You have to attempt to make a change, which I believe we should do imo.
Again I have no idea if what you say is true or not. But Real has a history of just buying the best players and hire and fire coaches until somebody wins. And they're just as successful as Bayern. There are many roads that leads to Rome.

We have to get back to the main point. This is not an argument about Flick and Bayern. Ten Hag is not Flick and Manchester is not Bayern and PL is not Bundesliga. Do you want to WIN NOW? That means this very season. Not the next one or the one after. If you do, we CAN NOT hire this unknown to tell Ronaldo and Pogba and Varane how to win this and that. What does he know about winning anything?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
FACTS:

Ten Hag has NEVER:
Managed big name players

Ronaldo - 36 years old
Varane - 28 years old
De Gea - 30 years old

I agree. Good post.

Ten Haag is a good prospect but he has just as many - probably more - question marks over his head than other options.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Easy league means he can concentrate on the CL. Even Kovac won the German league.

Again I have no idea if what you say is true or not. But Real has a history of just buying the best players and hire and fire coaches until somebody wins. And they're just as successful as Bayern. There are many roads that leads to Rome.

We have to get back to the main point. This is not an argument about Flick and Bayern. Ten Hag is not Flick and Manchester is not Bayern and PL is not Bundesliga. Do you want to WIN NOW? That means this very season. Not the next one or the one after. If you do, we CAN NOT hire this unknown to tell Ronaldo and Pogba and Varane how to win this and that. What does he know about winning anything?
If 'easy league' means teams can easily win the Champions League, then i'm not sure why PSG have never won it with state backing.

I agree, there's many roads that lead to Rome, as you put it. But would it be more beneficial for us as a club to take the Bayern approach or the Madrid one, under the Glazers? I think i'm leaning towards the Bayern approach.

I want to win now, but i'm not sure there's a magic wand that will allow us to win straight away necessarily. And ten Hag is not a unknown, most of Europe knows about him.

We also shouldn't base our thinking around Pogba and Ronaldo who are either looking to leave or in Ronaldo's case, is a short term solution. Conte also is reported to prefer the Cavani type of #9 ahead of Ronaldo according to David Amoyal who works/worked for Di Marzio. Pogba and Bruno is a problem, and Pogba should be sold in January imo.

DickDastardly

FACTS:

Ten Hag has NEVER:
Managed big name players

Ronaldo - 36 years old
Varane - 28 years old
De Gea - 30 years old

Since when is age relevant for a coach? So, he won't be able to play keepy uppy with them? Big fecking deal.

The man is in his 50's. Ideal age for a man who knows what he wants, and how to get it.

And Manchester United squad FACHTS:

Ronaldo - we didn't even need him, bought him for peanuts, for good old times sake.
Pogba - good fecking riddance. Never was he a a tiny piece, let alone a fecking SPINE. He needs to grow one first.
Varane - 28 for a defender, good. He can keep playing for 4 more years without problems.
De Gea - so what, Henderson could be as equally good for us, let's not put any emphasis on goalkeepers when we have more glaring problems that need to be solved.

Conte is a doorstop option.
Ten Hag is a long term option.

Caesar2290

But your argument doesn't make sense because Conte was brand new to the PL himself and unlike Guardiola he didn't have the luxury of spending 200+ million on players every season. What's even more funny is that Conte achieved 93 points in his first season. A record that was only broken twice by Guardiola and Klopp who have been in the PL for 5 years now. With his Inter side he once again reached 91 points. His highest total tally of 102 points with Juventus is yet to be reached by either Klopp or Guardiola.

Conte on average has a far better point tally than either Klopp or Guardiola. You may argue against the man's football, if you want, but the results are there. In terms of league management, he is probably the best at the moment. That's not to say he is guaranteed to win title because a lot of things factor into that.

Not really. When Conte found them they were stuck in midtable. They then went on a period of absolute dominance with him as a helm. That it continued afterwards would prove the idiots that say he leaves waste in his wake. Just the opposite. Despite his Inter stars being sold left and right, Inter is performing admirably this season with his signings leading the way.

There is no next SAF. He's one of a kind and there never will be one like him. But Conte is the best manager available, easily at the level of Klopp and Guardiola, probably better than both when it comes to league (but that is trumped by the success Guardiola and Klopp have in the CL). And if we're gonna compete with Klopp and Guardiola, the best is what we need.
This is a well detailed post. Thank you for taking your time to write this and thank you for staying civil. I actually learned a couple of things from it.

I still maintain my position that he is a good coach, but I would pass on him simply because of the way he plays, his over reliance on "veterans", his bitch fits if he doesn't get his transfer targets(imagine the scenes when the board informs him that we've canceled the negotiations for Lukaku over 5 mil :lol: )
FACTS:

Ten Hag has NEVER:
Managed big name players

Ronaldo - 36 years old
Varane - 28 years old
De Gea - 30 years old

Lads, we've found Rafa's Caf account. FACTS!:lol:

Other people made a lot of good posts, debating a lot of what you said, but I'm just going to add this: Tuchel managed in Germany where he didn't set the league on fire unlike his predecessor. He still got the PSG job as a result where he had to contend with UBER player power. The man did alright. He's doing an alright job at Chelsea which also a well renowned den of vipers so to speak.

Arsene Wenger was a literal nobody when he arrived at Arsenal. Hell, even Sir Alex mocked him. Didn't stop him from turning Arsenal from a defensive team to the Arsenal we all grew to hate later on. Oh, and he actually was a very formidable opponent for SAF.

This idea that Ten Hag is a Moyes or Ole appointment is absolutely insulting to anyone with footballing intelligence. Or that he will need 50 years to turn us into winners. I'm 100% sure he will turn us into contenders from day 1.

Since when is age relevant for a coach? So, he won't be able to play keepy uppy with them? Big fecking deal.

The man is in his 50's. Ideal age for a man who knows what he wants, and how to get it.

And Manchester United squad FACHTS:

Ronaldo - we didn't even need him, bought him for peanuts, for good old times sake.
Pogba - good fecking riddance. Never was he a a tiny piece, let alone a fecking SPINE. He needs to grow one first.
Varane - 28 for a defender, good. He can keep playing for 4 more years without problems.
De Gea - so what, Henderson could be as equally good for us, let's not put any emphasis on goalkeepers when we have more glaring problems that need to be solved.

Conte is a doorstop option.
Ten Hag is a long term option.
Absolutely this. The only thing I would add is for some reason our fans think it's either a short term success with Conte or a long rebuild with Ten Hag. Couldn't be further from the truth. Ten Hag will have us challenging from day 1. But unlike Conte, he's here for the long haul. He'll actually adapt his formation to suit the players he has, unlike Conte who needs certain players for his formations to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.