Would you take Zlatan for a year?

Would you take Zlatan back on a short-term deal?

• Total voters

Bojan11

Considering our striking options currently then yes. Hell I’d take him as number 10.

But don’t see it happening.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Ibra knew his time was up at this level, that's why he requested Mourinho to let him go. He's only gotten older since then.

But, given how utterly horrendous our window has been I guess he'd still be an upgrade on Llorente :(

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Last time before we signed him I said no, he's past it and came out looking silly.

Since he's played for us he's grown on me, and yes, I would. He'd be an option on the field and an important figure in the dressing room.

Bojan11

Ibra knew his time was up at this level, that's why he requested Mourinho to let him go. He's only gotten older since then.

But, given how utterly horrendous our window has been I guess he'd still be an upgrade on Llorente :(
Mourinho was rushing him back. Ibra told him he wasn’t ready but if you need me I’d play. Jose did the same with Cech when he had his head injury.

He looks better now than he did in his second year with us physically.

LInkash

Carlos Vela is MLS top scorer and 7 years younger, let's get him.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
100% for mentality alone.

Foxbatt

Yes now in a heartbeat. He would be a great guy to be around and he does not need to play every game. Make him the captain too.

SungSam7

Carlos Vela is MLS top scorer and 7 years younger, let's get him.
Carlos Vela doesn't come across as a character, we need big influencers on our young players. We need someone who has been around the block to tell Rashford that he has nowhere near made it to the top level.
They guy has balls and doesn't come across as settling for idiots. He has ambition unlike Lingard.

haram

I get the feeling that Ole would not even want him anyway.

Charlie Foley

I’d want him in the dressing room more than on the pitch. But maybe he’d need to be playing semi regularly to have that authority. I imagine a lot of the bitchiness that came about towards the end of Jose’s time wouldn’t have happened with Ibra still around as the dressing room leader.

Don’t really think it’s a practical solution though

Hawks2008

I would take him back, not hungry british and young though so don't see Ole being keen to have him back.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I would take him back, not hungry british and young though so don't see Ole being keen to have him back.
Bollocks. Ole has been in a dressing room with some of the biggest ego's in football. He knows their benefits along with their flaws. I think what he would find with Zlatan is much like Mourinho found, a player who's personality lent itself to take pressure off the rest of the team. I kinda think this might be a move he ultimately goes for much like Fergie did with Larson.

Also... https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...ts-manchester-united-training-session-at-ucla the yeah Mourinho got sacked and Ole got appointed. Maybe we did get our great thing.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
No. He might be dominating MLS but he looked like lower league player before he was let go.

It's not like he will come off bench, he will start games and then we again come up with 'short term thinking' 'Rashford and Martial are not proven players'.

Whatever it is, we have decided to take the option to go with Rashford and Martial. At least we should give them time to see what they are capable of.

Devil77

Why not? As long as he doesn’t expect to start every game. A perfect impact sub to throw in against tired defenders. And with a great mentality to go with that.

PieCrust

He's better than Martial and Rashford or any other option we have at ST. His style of play doesn't rely on quickness and that's why he's still effective at 37 years old. But ultimately, he doesn't fit into Ole's pressing style and is basically just a target man with not a lot of movement on or off the ball. Ultimately, I don't think it would work this time around as a main ST. It's too bad he trashed his knee or I think he still might be at United as a bench option and mentor for our younger forwards.

Von Mistelroum

Honestly I wouldn't have let him go , but he's my all time favourite player so that could be why I guess.

Fracture90

He left EPL in the middle of the season for a reason. He's ever slower than Matić.

Ban

Yes but then you'd here crying about how he misses a ton of chances apparently.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I’d want him in the dressing room more than on the pitch. But maybe he’d need to be playing semi regularly to have that authority. I imagine a lot of the bitchiness that came about towards the end of Jose’s time wouldn’t have happened with Ibra still around as the dressing room leader.

Don’t really think it’s a practical solution though
Pretty much this. Even on the pitch, I still think he'd do well against packed defences by giving us link-up play and an aerial option.

Bwuk

Yes. Zlatan playing just off the striker where Lingard has been playing would be a vast improvement.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
He left EPL in the middle of the season for a reason. He's ever slower than Matić.
He left because he was still recovering from a serious injury and because we'd not only signed Lukaku who was supposed to be our long term solution, but also just signed Sanchez in January as well. Neither Lukaku nor Sanchez are options for us now, and Zlatan has since recovered from that injury with a good amount of football under his belt. He'll also get more minutes this season, given how thin our frontline is. He is slow, but pace didn't help us break down Palace sitting deep.

Rama The Raid

We all love him but maybe he's already past it in terms of competing in the PL. For free transfer I'd take Llorente though.