Would you take Zlatan for a year?

Would you take Zlatan back on a short-term deal?

• Total voters

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
In a couple of years. Let him mature. (Would be great in the dressing room).
Actually, no, but I love his chutzpah

simplyared

How this thread is still alive is beyond me. Taking Ibrahimovic back as a player is ridiculous and taking him back as a coach is even worse. Time it was dead and buried!

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
would bring him back. He struggled to come back from a terrible injury and I would put nothing past him. I think as a number 10 he would do Good things for us still. Him and martial uptop or Greenwood with Rahford on the wing would be Good. He is 38 but he still has quality

Oggmonster

Thought his act of being full of himself got tired a while ago, proper insufferable bellend. Doubt he could do it at the top level anymore to be honest either, he never looked fit for the premiership after that injury.

Posh Red

Thought his act of being full of himself got tired a while ago, proper insufferable bellend. Doubt he could do it at the top level anymore to be honest either, he never looked fit for the premiership after that injury.
It’s all tongue in cheek though. I think he’s pretty funny personally

Oggmonster

Yeah appreciate that and it's all subjective etc, can get why people find it funny. I used to quite like it but like anything when it gets over done I just got tired of it personally, each to their own though.

stevoc

Over 60% yes in the poll. :lol:

Jesus Christ we're not that desperate.

Yet.

Foxbatt

Zlatan on the bench? No way would he sit on the bench. Is he better than most on our bench? Of course he is. Would I take him? It depends on what his demands are.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
He would be useful short term signing for you guys, you rich enough that even if he doesnt kick a ball you wont feel it financially. You just need to minimise his running, then I expect he be more then capable.

When did Sheringham retire again? I think around 37 in the EPL?

Also the option of him been used as a coach.

A-man

And I think he took a lot of pressure off Pogba also, who just signed a big bad contract, by using his big mouth. He said once, when it came to national team, he would take all the heat so the younger guys could focus on the game.

Posh Red

And I think he took a lot of pressure off Pogba also, who just signed a big bad contract, by using his big mouth. He said once, when it came to national team, he would take all the heat so the younger guys could focus on the game.
He seems to have an incredibly tough personality, probably as a result of his upbringing/background. Players like him seem rather than ever these days.

I sometimes wonder if the big contracts for young players, and the ‘bubble’ they find themselves living in, takes away so much real world experience these days. I realise big wages are not a new phenomenon, but look at the young English players and the huge contracts they are getting. The concern is that this is not conducive to creating characters such as Zlatan.

A-man

He seems to have an incredibly tough personality, probably as a result of his upbringing/background. Players like him seem rather than ever these days.

I sometimes wonder if the big contracts for young players, and the ‘bubble’ they find themselves living in, takes away so much real world experience these days. I realise big wages are not a new phenomenon, but look at the young English players and the huge contracts they are getting. The concern is that this is not conducive to creating characters such as Zlatan.
I am sure you are right about the bubble taking away the connection to the real world for many young players.It must be overwhelming. And it is great to have a player like Zlatan to take all the heat.

ExecutionerWasp001

It seems moot now. He's asking for £6 Mill for a 6 mth contract. Don't see us stumping up these kind of wages for what is now an unknown quantity.

lex talionis

We may find ourselves on the knife's edge between qualifying and qualifying for the CL next season. Returning to the CL next season must be, above all else, our objective this season.

Ibra is no guarantee of success in winning the EL -- very likely our only path to getting to the CL next season -- but even at his advanced age is a much more productive striker than Greenwood against the tough European opponents we're going to face in the semifinal and, hopefully, final match of the EL. Greenwood is the future, clearly, but the present demands that we not fekk this up and rely on unproven teenagers to secure that better future.

If the proposal is a half-season contract and nothing more, show me the hand so we can bit it off!

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
It seems moot now. He's asking for £6 Mill for a 6 mth contract. Don't see us stumping up these kind of wages for what is now an unknown quantity.
He's been a player here, he's far from an unknown quantity. His goalscoring has not changed that much between then and now. I take Zlatan for the rest of the season without blinking.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Announced as a new part-owner of Hammarby, one of the biggest clubs in Sweden. No news on his future as a footballer though.