Would you take Zlatan for a year?

Would you take Zlatan back on a short-term deal?

• Total voters

wr8_utd

:'(
Carlos Vela is top scorer in the MLS. Lets sign him too. Oh and Nani is doing well and Rooney has 11 goals from midfield. Lets bring them all in along with Zlatan.

Member 90887

Saw this YouTube clip from Zlatan's time at United, and was thinking that the creativity he had is exactly what I miss now.

This is just proof that youtube compilations can be misleading as hell.

He was classy but at the same time he was wasteful. the number of chances he missed was too much.

However, i'd take him again this year if he gave us the same as his first year here.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I actually wouldn't. Personally, I think this season is a wash. Cracking top 4 is the best to hope for. Bringing Zlatan slows down the development of either Martial, Rashford, or James. I don't think what he will bring is good enough to sacrifice developing these players. It's not as if Zlatan will accept being on the bench if he's healthy. I think January should be reserved for bringing someone long-term that can be integrated throughout the rest of the season.

That's not to say I don't think Zlatan would make an impact, I think he will but not to the level that he will guarantee anything, even top 4. Might as well develop the players that are going to be there beyond this season, even a 17 years old Greenwood.

Wilt

I’d take him. If we really are to progress with youngsters, then this team needs an alpha male to lead them.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I actually wouldn't. Personally, I think this season is a wash. Cracking top 4 is the best to hope for. Bringing Zlatan slows down the development of either Martial, Rashford, or James. I don't think what he will bring is good enough to sacrifice developing these players. It's not as if Zlatan will accept being on the bench if he's healthy. I think January should be reserved for bringing someone long-term that can be integrated throughout the rest of the season.

That's not to say I don't think Zlatan would make an impact, I think he will but not to the level that he will guarantee anything, even top 4. Might as well develop the players that are going to be there beyond this season, even a 17 years old Greenwood.
Is there an argument that having Zlatan around might help the development of our young players rather than impede them? Sometimes its about more than minutes on the pitch. This guy is a legend with a perfect mentality. He lifted the club before and he could do so again - even being well past his best.

fergiesarmy1

He knows where the back of the net is clearly, can’t see what harm it will do if we haven’t lined anything else up in January.

A-man

This is just proof that youtube compilations can be misleading as hell.

He was classy but at the same time he was wasteful. the number of chances he missed was too much.

However, i'd take him again this year if he gave us the same as his first year here.
If you watch a compilation of a defender i can be very misleading, as it is more the mistakes than the highlights that define how good they are. But here you can see more creative moments than I expect the the whole United to create together this season.

davidmichael

He literally has twice the scoring rate of Rooney, he's looked miles better.
Abraham has twice the scoring rate of Kane this season so by that does that mean Abraham is better than Kane ? Ashley Barnes has scored twice the amount of Firmino as well so the whole ‘player A has scored more than player B’ thing isn’t the best way to decide if taking Zlatan back is a good idea.

Don’t get me wrong as I love Zlatan and did even before he signed for United but he’s now unfortunately not good enough at Premier League level even as a ‘Plan B’ and there’s a reason why no other clubs seem interested in him in the off season in MLS, has everyone forgot how many complaints there was on here about his finishing before his injury ?

fergiesarmy1

Abraham has twice the scoring rate of Kane this season so by that does that mean Abraham is better than Kane ? Ashley Barnes has scored twice the amount of Firmino as well so the whole ‘player A has scored more than player B’ thing isn’t the best way to decide if taking Zlatan back is a good idea.

Don’t get me wrong as I love Zlatan and did even before he signed for United but he’s now unfortunately not good enough at Premier League level even as a ‘Plan B’ and there’s a reason why no other clubs seem interested in him in the off season in MLS, has everyone forgot how many complaints there was on here about his finishing before his injury ?
But would he be a better option than no option even if he is a sub mostly?

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm

Cant compare 5 games into the new season in PL to 30 games in the MLS. Not saying he’s a much better player than Rooney but he is a fantastic goalscoarer!

If Abraham has twice the scoring rate of Kane by the end of this PL campaign then sure..

I would Take him on a season loan. What could possibly go wrong? :yawn:

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
I think Zlatan won't return now that Jose has left.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Is there an argument that having Zlatan around might help the development of our young players rather than impede them? Sometimes its about more than minutes on the pitch. This guy is a legend with a perfect mentality. He lifted the club before and he could do so again - even being well past his best.
I don't buy it at this point in Rashford and Martial's career. First of all, Zlatan's taking of the #9 jersey was one episode that affected Martial, but also these are no longer young hopefuls, they are starters for the club for better or for worse. I don't think being around Zlatan will have a more beneficial effect over just remaining the starters and getting their playing time, which Zlatan would undoubtedly disrupt.

Don't get me wrong, a guy like Zlatan is a legend and a reference for young players, but that would be more for a guy like Greenwood at this point than Rashford or Martial IMO.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
We have basically become AC Milan anyway. A becks to Milan deal would be fitting for Zlatan here. Win win for him and win win for us. Our standards are not that high anyway.

The Firestarter

Let's bring him so we can have some more excuses for Rashy and Marcy being shit because somebody is hampering their development.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
If anyone thinks he'd be happy to play the last 15 of matches, occasionally, over crushing it every week in a stadium full of adoring fans, you're crazy.

If for some bizarre reason he'd be up for it, we'd be crazy to not go for it.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
We might as well bring in Henrik Larsson since most people love playing pensioners.

Let's bring him so we can have some more excuses for Rashy and Marcy being shit because somebody is hampering their development.
Amazing how Martial gets lumped with Rashford's shite form. Martial's been great at striker this season.

fergiesarmy1

Goals in the MLS:lol:
More than double what Rooney has got and he will be back in the championship soon, there have been a lot of decent players in the MLS so becoming the all time top scorer in about 2 weeks time knowing him isn’t too shabby pal.

Kostur

海尔的老板
We might as well bring in Henrik Larsson since most people love playing pensioners.

Amazing how Martial gets lumped with Rashford's shite form. Martial's been great at striker this season.
Yeah absolutely tearing the shit up with his jaw dropping 2 goals record. At this point you just have to wonder why in the feck we are not top of the league.

JMack1234

Can't do any harm.

I'm not sure how good he'd actually be and I don't think this would ever happen because he is as near to dammit exactly the sort of player than Ole doesn't want.

edgar allan

More than double what Rooney has got and he will be back in the championship soon, there have been a lot of decent players in the MLS so becoming the all time top scorer in about 2 weeks time knowing him isn’t too shabby pal.
Robbie Keane set the MLS on fire when he couldn't buy a goal in the PL.

edgar allan

He was shite last year tbf

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
This. Having certain characters in the dressing room is incredibly important, and hes the kind of character we need right now. Although he was not that good for us, i dont think its a coincidence it all went to shit when he got injured and later left. May be hindsight, but it also seemed the bromance he had going with Pogba made the latter play much better

SirScholes

It’s still the mls, the fact Rooney has 11
Goals just shows how much of a retiring ground it really is