Wow. This happened...

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
.. 10 years ago.

Inter was superb. Sneijder was robbed of Balon d'or. And.. now both managers were United ex-managers.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's got a head like a lentil so I don't think he will feel too hard done by. 3 robberies doesnt make you Van Swagg.
He could have won more Ballon d'Or if only he joined United. At least 3 more guaranteed.

Still can't believe we didn't put all those eggs to get him here. Glazer out!

Falcow

Thought Iniesta was robbed of it that year, winning goal in WC final and all.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The most obvious CL final ever. Who here thought Bayern would have won it? would none be an accurate estimate?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Had Milito first and last goal :cool:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Abit of a myth that Sneijder deserved the Ballon D'or that season.

From what I remember he blew hot and cold throughout the Serie A season but left his best games for the CL knockout stages,even then I felt Eto and Lucio outperformed him.

He was good,no doubt but he wasn't such as clear favourite as people suggest.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Abit of a myth that Sneijder deserved the Ballon D'or that season.

From what I remember he blew hot and cold throughout the Serie A season but left his best games for the CL knockout stages,even then I felt Eto and Lucio outperformed him.

He was good,no doubt but he wasn't such as clear favourite as people suggest.
Not really he had a great year at inter then scored 5 at the world cup and if robben didnt miss a 1 on 1 from his through pass theres nothing more he could have done.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Wow. I’m so glad I opened this thread. I mean, wow. Wowzers. Wowwee. Wow

right on to the big boy threads

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
So many are missing the point. It was a game 10 years ago. Dang, time flies.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I feel like my look doesn't change either. Only the hairline a bit higher.
I look at my brother who's in his 30s now with his perfect hairline and thick hair, whereas mine is creeping steadily upwards since I was 23 and its starting to thin out. He's like 5'8" whereas I'm 6'2" . I feel like biology is pulling the old "You can have one but not the other"

United Junkie

He could have won more Ballon d'Or if only he joined United. At least 3 more guaranteed.

Still can't believe we didn't put all those eggs to get him here. Glazer out!
Can't believe he went to Galatasaray at the age of 28. I mean... Galatasaray... Still can't understand that United or any other top tier club didn't make a REAL push for him during that period. Madness on the count of United with that disrespectful bid of €25M.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
The first Champions League to be played on a Saturday, which was definitely a positive move.

Also this is one of 3 CL finals (I think) in which both teams were going for the treble, along with 1999 (although I think Bayern played and lost the DFB-Pokal final on penalties after their dramatic defeat at the Camp Nou) and 2015.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I look at my brother who's in his 30s now with his perfect hairline and thick hair, whereas mine is creeping steadily upwards since I was 23 and its starting to thin out. He's like 5'8" whereas I'm 6'2" . I feel like biology is pulling the old "You can have one but not the other"
:lol:

Mourinho and LVG still look the same also. Still suave and horny.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Can't believe he went to Galatasaray at the age of 28. I mean... Galatasaray... Still can't understand that United or any other top tier club didn't make a REAL push for him during that period. Madness on the count of United with that disrespectful bid of €25M.
And he still got it, when you saw how he played in 2014 WC.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Mou has aged about 55 years since.

As good as Sneijder was, he didnt deserve the balon, Messi was simply a better individual player. Sneijder wouldve won it if Robben had converted that sitter in the final though.

Crazy that this was also pretty much his last good year whereas Robben remained world class for another 8 years.

Sneijder has also managed to exponentially increase his weight after retiring for aboht a week.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

As good as Sneijder was, he didnt deserve the balon, Messi was simply a better individual player. Sneijder wouldve won it if Robben had converted that sitter in the final though.

Crazy that this was also pretty much his last good year whereas Robben remained world class for another 8 years.

Sneijder has also managed to exponentially increase his weight after retiring for aboht a week.
Didn't explain why Sneijder was rank 4th in Balon d'Or that year. The hype/bribe machine of La Liga was/is very strong.

Mourinho Inter 2010

United 2017 or 2018

Last edited:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Didn't explain why Sneijder was rank 4th in Balon d'Or that year. The hype/bribe machine of La Liga was/is very strong.

Mourinho Inter 2010

United 2017 or 2018
Ah, yeah, 4th was a stretch true.

Now do a pic of bald Mou at Spurs.

United Junkie

Madrid does that for you. It's like he never got over it mentally which is sad because I always liked him. Especially when he took Barcelona apart with Inter. I just loved that.

As for Sneijder, I think he could've been one of the best Dutch footballers ever if he didn't sign with Galatasaray but with a real top club like United. That's why a lot of people considered his last year at Inter to be his best year because nobody watches or cares for the Turkish liga or Galatasaray for that matter except for Turkish people.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
The Serie A title race in 2009/2010 seemed pretty interesting. I think Inter were 13 points ahead of Ranieri's Roma at the half stage of the season or just past it, but then went on to draw quite a few games as Roma pegged them back and moved 1 point ahead of them with 4 games left. But then Roma suffered a very costly home defeat against Sampdoria allowing Inter to regain their lead, and they sealed the title on the final day of the season.

Then Inter beat Roma in the Coppa Italia final for the second leg of their treble.

Some of Mourinho's mind games against Ranieri that season were pretty vicious from memory, with him calling him an old, has-been, a loser, mocking his English when at Chelsea compared to his own Italian at the time etc.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Wasn't Sneijder out of form when he was sold to Turkey? I think he was either out of form or being forced out

Untd55

Inter had a great summer window before the treble win.

Sneijder - £13.5m
Lucio - £6.3m (Bayern must have been stupid to sell him for that much)
Motta - £9.18m
Milito - £22.5m
Eto'o - Arguably Free

Total: £51.48m

Mad. That will only get you Wan Bissaka nowadays; albeit, those prices were cheap even then.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
You won't BELIEVE what happened. Click the Link to find out.

Do you have photos of Worf from last week so we can find out what he looks like nowadays, and how we'll be AMAZED by the transformation?

IRELANDUNITED

I cannot for the life of me remember what the betting for this match was, I assume Inter were slight favorites, anyone know?

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses

Mourinho Inter 2010

United 2017 or 2018
How comes the older you get the skinnier you get