WSL 19/20 | City v United - at the Etihad - 7 Sept

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Oh my goodness! Almost.

Denis79

I was sure the chance was wasted and she got off a "shot" from nowhere.

Jazz

Come on United!

Denis79

Imagine if our men had this work ethic... They have really worked hard the whole game. Really like this team.

Jazz

First half we were the better team but couldn't put our chances away.

2nd half all City, but unlike us they get a goal for their efforts.

Castia

I’m sorry but the standard is so poor it’s fecking hilarious.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Not the worst result considering how far we’ve come in 2 seasons.

City have the benefit if playing at a higher standard ,
And for longer than us. We will kick in from this

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Poor second half compared to the first. We didn't capitalise, and in the end City's class showed through

OGSaviour

very unlucky ladies, think they'll hold their own amongst the proven ladies team and not be overcome

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Not the worst result considering how far we’ve come in 2 seasons.

City have the benefit if playing at a higher standard ,
And for longer than us. We will kick in from this
It will be interesting to see how Spurs do against Chelsea tomorrow. A 0-1 loss at City is no disgrace and we will win plenty of games, especially at home. They will need to take their chances when they come though.

NYAS

Good to see Katie Zelem laughing her head off after a loss at City!

Andersons Dietician

Enjoyed that. Certainly showed that United be long in this league and should be able to hold their own against anyone. Shame we’ve got a ridiculous start.

Groenen was absolute class the whole game but she should have passed that ball across to Toone or I think the other was Hanson.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
It will be interesting to see how Spurs do against Chelsea tomorrow. A 0-1 loss at City is no disgrace and we will win plenty of games, especially at home. They will need to take their chances when they come though.
Agreed

I prefer to see us compete at this level. Last year some of the thrashings we dished out were embarrassing. Though I accept we had to win our way to the top division

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
City had virtually no real chances all game did they? Goal was a random screamer and for all of City's threat second half, it didn't really result in much clear chances. United shouldn't have lost on the balance of chances. Don't think Ross is reliable enough anymore to be first choice at this level for a top side.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Who have we got next and where?
Our league fixtures for first half of season and finishing positions from last season:
GW01: Man City (a) - 2nd
GW02: Arsenal (h) - 1st
GW03: Liverpool (h) - 8th
GW04: Spurs (a) - 2nd Championship
GW05: Reading (h) - 5th
GW06: Chelsea (a) - 3rd
GW07: Brighton (h) - 9th
GW08: West Ham (a) - 7th
GW09: Everton (h) - 10th
GW10: Birmingham (a) - 4th
GW11: Bristol (h) - 6th

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Shame about the result. A lot of positives to take from the game through. Thought that Groenen was our best player, and Galton was looking dangerous in the first half. We had the better chances in the first half and should've scored. Once City scored they were the better team.

It was a bit like the Arsenal game from last season in the sense that we were able to match them for most of the game, but City's quality was the difference. Still, I'm feeling very positive about the season. And 32,000+ attendance is incredible. Onwards and upwards!

DomesticTadpole

Shame about the result. A lot of positives to take from the game through. Thought that Groenen was our best player, and Galton was looking dangerous in the first half. We had the better chances in the first half and should've scored. Once City scored they were the better team.

It was a bit like the Arsenal game from last season in the sense that we were able to match them for most of the game, but City's quality was the difference. Still, I'm feeling very positive about the season. And 32,000+ attendance is incredible. Onwards and upwards!
Will be interesting to see City's next attendance and our next attendance.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Will be interesting to see City's next attendance and our next attendance.
Well our next game against Arsenal is on Monday night. And Leigh Sports isn't the easiest place to get to. I'd love to go to that game, but I don't think I'll be able to make it myself. I think we have a better chance of getting a good turnout against Liverpool in the one after.

DomesticTadpole

Well our next game against Arsenal is on Monday night. And Leigh Sports isn't the easiest place to get to. I'd love to go to that game, but I don't think I'll be able to make it myself. I think we have a better chance of getting a good turnout against Liverpool in the one after.
Presume City will be back at their usual venue as well. They don't get particularly big crowds normally. Think United will boost a few crowds this season.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Presume City will be back at their usual venue as well. They don't get particularly big crowds normally. Think United will boost a few crowds this season.
Yeah, these will most likely be just one-offs to try and keep people interested after the World Cup. I think their average attendance is around 1,400 at their usual ground. Hopefully, we'll get the chance to play at OT this season as we should be able to atract even bigger crowds, especially if the season goes well for us.

DomesticTadpole

Yeah, these will most likely be just one-offs to try and keep people interested after the World Cup. I think their average attendance is around 1,400 at their usual ground. Hopefully, we'll get the chance to play at OT this season as we should be able to atract even bigger crowds, especially if the season goes well for us.
Might be the home game against City. It depends what games we have around international breaks I suppose.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Wsl games are all on Sundays. I’m sure they’ll manage to fit the derby at old Trafford if United are away or at home on the Saturday.