WSL 19/20 | Everton v United | Sun 23 Feb at 12:30

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee

The match has sold out. It's Everton women's first match in their new ground (about a mile away from Goodison Park) having been exiled in Southport for a couple of years.

They've limited tickets to 1500 for this one, as the stadium is still going through some refurb work - but capacity should rise to 2200 before the end of the season.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
The match is on FA Player - free to view from their website or via their app on tablet/phone, but you have to register.

15 minutes in, scrappy game in the wind so far, but both teams have had a chance to score. Still 0-0.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
HT and we're leading 0-2. Not a great game, but we're looking on top most of the time. Still struggling a bit with defensive errors, but other defenders/Earps have so far been able to handle the consequences.

I'm still not seeing the Jane Ross that justifies Stoney's faith in her as a forward. But given we're two up against a decent team, after a run of poor form, I'll just have to believe.

Galton on the other hand is back, and wow - the difference she makes on the left. Two good goals as well, normally I'm shouting at her to shoot. Apparently, she's more willing if I'm not shouting :D

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Good work and nice cross from Ross to set Toone up. 0-3 - which seems to be out standard setting against Everton.

Galton goes off after a job well done after a few weeks out injured, and Arnot comes on. 66 minutes.

Everton get one back 1-3.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Ouch. Good goal from Everton and it's 2-3. About ten minutes to go.

Sigsworth (injured) and Toone had gone off for Harris and Zelem. Theoretically that should have strengthened us defensively - but Everton have been all over us for us for the past few minutes.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Good result for us. Only managed to catch the first half, glad I didn't see us hanging on at the end. Galton makes a huge difference to our side. Her and James are the ones who can make something out of nothing and scare defenders. Any word on where James was?

Himannv

Finally got my MUTV subscription sorted and started watching games. This was the one I started with.

I thought Earps had a hard time dealing with flighted deliveries in this wind. Two mistakes and two goals conceded. Another downside was the lack of a defensive physical presence in midfield.

Two great goals from Galton. She seems more suited to playing up front based on this game, although we probably need her more on the left. Works hard on the wing but the delivery from wide is not on as much with her and that miskick in the second half was poor. Looked great on the ball closer to goal and she's a good physical presence in a somewhat lightweight team.

I'm unhappy about the lack of James and Zalem in this fixture. Both great players IMO.