WSL 19/20 | United women v Brighton | Today - 24 Nov at 12:00 - FA player and MUTV

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Coming up next, it's Brighton - in the League they've W1 D2 L3 and have not been looking great. We beat them last year in the Women's FA Cup. So it's fair to say we enter the game as favourites.

Not that they're no hopers though, they've drawn with Chelsea and Arsenal (in the LC) this season. They're managed by Hope Powell, former England manager, so Casey knows her well.

Random info: Maya Le Tissier who plays for Brighton is not related to Matt Le Tissier.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
It was a comfortable 4-0 win in the end. Goals from James, Galton x 2 and a Zelem penalty. It could've been even more, James in particular could've had a hat trick. She looked to be injured as she went off. Other than that, all positives from this game.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
It was a comfortable 4-0 win in the end. Goals from James, Galton x 2 and a Zelem penalty. It could've been even more, James in particular could've had a hat trick. She looked to be injured as she went off. Other than that, all positives from this game.
Good start to the season. Only defeats were close affairs and to teams above us in the table.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Good start to the season. Only defeats were close affairs and to teams above us in the table.
Yeah, I think it's too ambitious to expect us to be in the mix with Arsenal, City or Chelsea in our first WSL season, but if we could finish 4th, that would be fantastic. So far we're on course to do that. Our next home game is against Everton who are also above us right now, but we beat them comfortably in the cup, and if we beat them again we'll take 4th spot from them.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Good win. Excellent first half where the only surprise was that we only scored twice. Less dominant in the second half, but we still scored two more.

I was getting error messages earlier, otherwise I'd have done a couple more updates :lol:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yeah, I think it's too ambitious to expect us to be in the mix with Arsenal, City or Chelsea in our first WSL season, but if we could finish 4th, that would be fantastic. So far we're on course to do that. Our next home game is against Everton who are also above us right now, but we beat them comfortably in the cup, and if we beat them again we'll take 4th spot from them.
Everton are at home to Chelsea next weekend and we are at WHU, it would be great if we could be right with them before we play them.