WSL 19/20 | United women v Everton | Sun 8th Dec at 12noon

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
So, after a defeat to West Ham, we're back home again, and it's a first trip back to Leigh for Willie Kirk. Everton spent a big chunk of last season trying to keep clear of relegation, they didn't start to improve until they nabbed Casey Stoney's assistant, and made him their manager.

We've played them twice and beaten them twice before. Both of those wins were in LC games played at Southport, once last season and then again this season. We won 0-3 in November. That doesn't mean it'll be easy - Everton are currently fourth in the League, with 15 points from 7 games - United are three points behind them and have played one more game, so we want these points.

Lightbringer

Very important game today, to make sure we follow the top train and stay in contention for the 4th spot at least. I have enjoyed following the ladies closely this year, they are fun too watch. What has happened in this forum btw to the activity? There were more discussion going on last season, I thought playing in the top division would increase the interest!?

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
2’ Everton take the lead from a corner that Earps should’ve dealt with.

4’ James 1-1

top1whoisman

Scout
Really entertaining start. Kelly close to a worldie and in the other end Korpela with a good save to deny James’ second of the day.

top1whoisman

Scout
Lauren James is one heck of a footballer. Decision making will improve with time, but her technique (including shooting technique) is unbelievable. Hard shot in the far corner, 3-1.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I'm away today, so wasn't able to get to the match, seeing this one on MUTV instead. Mad start to the match, but we've just got steadily better as the game has gone on. Lauren James is such a talent.

bdecuc

James is on a different level. Very good response to conceding so early. Everton's Kelly is a real threat.

top1whoisman

Scout
Horrible mistake by Earps after which Millie Turner clears an Everton attempt off the line. Earps is a good keeper but I miss Chamberlain and the calmness she brings to the defense.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
2nd half wasn't nearly as exciting as the 1st. But a good win nonetheless that puts us back up to 4th.

buchansleftleg

2nd half suffered from a lot of stoppages for injuries and Everton leaving a foot in every challenge. If the ref had stopped that the game would have flowed better.

Hayley Ladd just bosses the midfield and gives it to zelim for the killer pass.

freeurmind

weak willed
Thanks for the highlights, I couldn't get the FA website to work or find a stable river. Good win for the girls after last week's disapointment.

Grande

Horrible mistake by Earps after which Millie Turner clears an Everton attempt off the line. Earps is a good keeper but I miss Chamberlain and the calmness she brings to the defense.
Earps seemed to have a good start, but a bit insecure after a few wobbles in the latest games. Think she’ll turn it around, though.

redshaw

Sweet strike from James for the third goal. Shame there's not another angle.