WSL 19/20 | United women v Reading | Sunday 27 Oct - 12:30

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Next up, a team that beat us twice last season - first in the WSLCup group stage then in extra time in the WFA Cup. Reading came fifth in the WSL last year. Like us, they're on 6 points now, but they've only played three games (to our four) - losing to City, but beating Spurs and Everton.

In other words, we can expect a tough match, but it should feel like a winnable one.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I know MUTV are showing the whole game Sunday evening as they are obviously concentrating on the men's game earlier.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
If this is BBC red button and online does that mean the FA Player still shows it outside of UK?
Some live matches are blocked in Scandinavia and Central America - due to local TV rights there, rather than the BBC. The FAPlayer has all the games in the rest of the world though.

The BT game is the odd one out, that isn't live on FAPlayer in the UK, but is available free outside the UK.

Drawfull

Some live matches are blocked in Scandinavia and Central America - due to local TV rights there, rather than the BBC. The FAPlayer has all the games in the rest of the world though.

The BT game is the odd one out, that isn't live on FAPlayer in the UK, but is available free outside the UK.
Gotcha, thanks. That's what I'd read now you said so. But the last league match, before it Pool or someone were on BT Sport, but I still only got the comms in Spain. Not using a VPN. Will wait and see this weekend.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
The sprinklers are on at Leigh, which is hilarious given that some roads near here were closed for flooding yesterday. Good pitch. I've already changed seat because the sun was getting in my eyes during the warm up :smirk:

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
We didn't play our best out there, but still a huge win for us. Another reminder of how far we come since the start of last season when we lost here 2-0 to Reading.

redshaw

Fantastic result, 3 wins in 5 after playing the top two with a narrow loss in each.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Scruffy game today. We started out ok but oddly, after we got our goal, Reading managed to stop us playing - from then on we seemed to be playing lots of long balls up, with us not really winning the first or the second ball, and some slow, awkward passing at the back. Maybe a reaction to the string of injury stoppages, just hard to keep the rhythm with the stop/start pattern of the match? However, rhythm or not, you've still got to win and we did.

RyRy11

We started off brightly but I thought we looked worse the longer the game went on. Reading started to control the midfield in the second half but never really looked like troubling Earps. We struggled to get Zelem, Ladd and Groenen into the game and relied heavily on wing play to make our chances. We didn't look anywhere near as dominant as we did in the Spurs game but a great result nonetheless.

With tricky games against Chelsea, West Ham and Everton coming up hopefully we can stay in the top 4 by the new year.

Grande

We started off brightly but I thought we looked worse the longer the game went on. Reading started to control the midfield in the second half but never really looked like troubling Earps. We struggled to get Zelem, Ladd and Groenen into the game and relied heavily on wing play to make our chances. We didn't look anywhere near as dominant as we did in the Spurs game but a great result nonetheless.

With tricky games against Chelsea, West Ham and Everton coming up hopefully we can stay in the top 4 by the new year.
Reading is a tough, fighting team, which exposed us last season like none of the other Super League teams, and which is always going to be a test for Zelem and Groenen in getting their best out. Winning by two in such a game, with Jackie slashing up their high press like that for our second, that’s a good outcome for a game like that.

TrustInOle

Cracking performance and lovely goals to boot. That front four is so good to watch, especially down that left side with Galton, also, Hanson is looking better and better each time I see her, including last season. Think Stoney is gonna have a big success story here in the future.