WSL 20/21 | Aston Villa v United - 12:30 on Sat 5 December

madi5h

nice win to secure top spot for another week, however that was probably the worst wsl matches ive ever watched in terms of quality,
i have always thought one of the main tests of whether a team is league winning material is how ruthless they are against a poor performing team
and today we failed that test
could and prob should have scored near double figures today with the amount of chances we were allowed

SuperLJ

Delighted to get the win today, by no means was that a good performance by us, it was shockingly poor, how many corners and crosses did we put in, it felt like that men's Fulham game of a few years ago where we had like 81 crosses!

Lovely to see Ella getting on the scoresheet yet again, but of course according to Philip Neville she is still rubbish.... the sooner Phil goes with his outdated ideas the better.

This result puts huge pressure on both Everton and City in their game to both win, but of course they can't, so no matter what happens there, it will be a win for us!

Now we can look forward to the Reading game, of that is if course possible to do so, as that game always brings out bad feelings for me.

A redemption storyline just like Ella had against Arsenal (after she had missed a sitter in the home game last season to put is 1-0 up before we lost that game) for Katie against Reading would be perfect.

Here is hoping that happens!!

But for now, I will just enjoy watching the rest of the teams scrap it out below us!

Last edited:

SuperLJ

Yes it wasn't a great performance (I could watch just 60-70 minutes of the match) but ugly wins are important too if you want to reach the next level.

Toone's goal was very nice :D

Yup, these are the matches which go a long way to helping to determine the title challengers from the also rans, look at how many points City have dropped already, to see how vital a day like today is.

Need to keep this momentum going against Reading, a game that I am dreading, I have far too many nightmares about our previous encounters against them at their place, from that FA cup game, where we threw it away in the final few moments, to the aforementioned Katie incident.

We need for Lady Luck to finally be on our side in that game.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Yup, these are the matches which go a long way to helping to determine the title challengers from the also rans, look at how many points City have dropped already, to see how vital a day like today is.

Need to keep this momentum going against Reading, a game that I am dreading, I have far too many nightmares about our previous encounters against them at their place, from that FA cup game, where we threw it away in the final few moments, to the aforementioned Katie incident.

We need for Lady Luck to finally be on our side in that game.
We must beat Reading to keep the momentum and then we should of course easily beat Bristol before we will play against Everton in the important match for the Champions League places.

SuperLJ

We must beat Reading to keep the momentum and then we should of course easily beat Bristol before we will play against Everton in the important match for the Champions League places.

Let's take one match at a time, first of all it's the Reading game, our sole focus should be on that one, we need to win it, no matter what the scores are today in the other games.

After last season's home defeat to Bristol, I am definitely not taking that game for granted, with full respect, it is that sort of "we shall easily beat them" attitude which I think contributed hugely to then getting the result that they did (along with a lot of tine-wasting and play acting, their goalkeeper should have been sent of at least twice over for two yellow card offences!!!).

But that is for another day, and another thread, just for now, it is fantastic to be four points clear, and for the pressure to really be on the other clubs, you never know with that pressure, one or two clubs could crack underneath it!

ImmortalJoker66

Supports
Trinidad and Tobago
Let's take one match at a time, first of all it's the Reading game, our sole focus should be on that one, we need to win it, no matter what the scores are today in the other games.

After last season's home defeat to Bristol, I am definitely not taking that game for granted, with full respect, it is that sort of "we shall easily beat them" attitude which I think contributed hugely to then getting the result that they did (along with a lot of tine-wasting and play acting, their goalkeeper should have been sent of at least twice over for two yellow card offences!!!).

But that is for another day, and another thread, just for now, it is fantastic to be four points clear, and for the pressure to really be on the other clubs, you never know with that pressure, one or two clubs could crack underneath it!
I concur with this, Reading is next and tricky to break down, then Everton in the League Cup which is meaningless since everyone except City are already eliminated. Bristol is the bogey team because of how good former United striker Ebony Salmon can be. We take every game we can get cause the International break throws off our consistency way to often along with game postponements. Would I love for them to win them all? Of course but let's not get ahead of ourselves and think each game is easy to win

Last edited:

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot

I concur with this, Reading is next and tricky to break down, then Everton in the League Cup which is meaningless since everyone except City are already eliminated. Bristol is the bogey team because of how good former United striker Ebon Salmon can be. We take every game we can get cause the International break throws off our consistency way to often along with game postponements. Would I love for them to win them all? Of course but let's not get ahead of ourselves and think each game is easy to win
Reading vs Bristol 1-1 today ;)

ImmortalJoker66

Supports
Trinidad and Tobago
Reading vs Bristol 1-1 today ;)
Due to that score that will make both sides extremely dangerous when we face them. We need the win to keep ahead of the pack but they need the points to boost their confidence especially Bristol City depending on the outcome against Aston Villa

SuperLJ

Due to that score that will make both sides extremely dangerous when we face them. We need the win to keep ahead of the pack but they need the points to boost their confidence especially Bristol City depending on the outcome against Aston Villa
No matter what happens to both teams, I will be nervous facing Reading, and hopefully the boost of having fans in for the Bristol game, might swing things our way in that one.

Either way, it is great to be top, but the others are closing in, we need to not be dropping points to sides that on paper at the very least, we should not be doing so to.
The pressure is right on us, hopefully we can handle it.

The rate at which we seem to be picking up injuries and illnesses is more than a slight worry, no Press, Russo, and now Jackie having a head injury, hopefully we can get through this period.

Plus when will Fuso make her debut?? In the redundant Everton Conti Cup game??
She just seems to always be the odd one out, fantastic dancer in her videos, but surely we didn't bring her in for that, perhaps we shall see her soon, I am curious as to how good a player she is.

ImmortalJoker66

Supports
Trinidad and Tobago
No matter what happens to both teams, I will be nervous facing Reading, and hopefully the boost of having fans in for the Bristol game, might swing things our way in that one.

Either way, it is great to be top, but the others are closing in, we need to not be dropping points to sides that on paper at the very least, we should not be doing so to.
The pressure is right on us, hopefully we can handle it.

The rate at which we seem to be picking up injuries and illnesses is more than a slight worry, no Press, Russo, and now Jackie having a head injury, hopefully we can get through this period.

Plus when will Fuso make her debut?? In the redundant Everton Conti Cup game??
She just seems to always be the odd one out, fantastic dancer in her videos, but surely we didn't bring her in for that, perhaps we shall see her soon, I am curious as to how good a player she is.
Jackie seems to be fine, but it's fantastic to have a manager who literally puts her players well being first before anything else. Press should be back by the time we face Everton in our last Cup game or Bristol, Russo is still recovering. I was hoping for Fuso to make her debut at Aston Villa but hopefully it will be against Everton or Bristol, luckily she is training hard and in high spirits, that goes to show how much trust and faith they put in Casey