WSL 20/21 | Birmingham v United | Sun 13th Sept - FAPlayer has match and highlights

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
The match will be live on FA Player - so most people will be able to see this one for free. You can register at:
https://www.thefa.com/womens-girls-football/leagues-and-competitions/the-fa-player.

Birmingham took a bit of a tumble last year, having lost players like Hayley Ladd they came close to relegation, after years of being top 6. Now we've taken Lucy Staniforth off them.

We only played them once last season, a LC match that we won 3-1. Our League matches were cancelled, first due to bad weather, then to covid.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Trying to guess at what our lineup might be with all the new signings. I'm thinking 4-3-3 for most part or someone like James playing as an AM.
We won't have Press and Heath for this one. They'll still be in quarantine.

Alessia Russo might play. She's been in the country for longer, she's completed quarantine, and she has started training. Whether she's trained for long enough with the team to be a starter, I doubt. But maybe we'll see her as a sub.

From the injury update we got last week, I don't think Lucy Staniforth, Ivana Fuso, Jess Sigsworth will be available. We may see Lauren James as a starter again though. Ella Toone played well last week, so I guess she might start on the right.

Himannv

We won't have Press and Heath for this one. They'll still be in quarantine.

Alessia Russo might play. She's been in the country for longer, she's completed quarantine, and she has started training. Whether she's trained for long enough with the team to be a starter, I doubt. But maybe we'll see her as a sub.

From the injury update we got last week, I don't think Lucy Staniforth, Ivana Fuso, Jess Sigsworth will be available. We may see Lauren James as a starter again though. Ella Toone played well last week, so I guess she might start on the right.
Ah, forgot about quarantine. Probably we'll go with the same team and ease the others in then. I figured it was not a difficult game so we could throw everyone in and give them game time, but on second thought, might not be for the best.

Gerald G

The team seems to be very top heavy now. Very good attacking/midfield options but a lack of depth at the back.

Excited to see how Heath, Press and Russo do.

My only worry is that I think there will be a distinct lack of game time for some talented players. James has got to play a lot of minutes - she's soo talented. I would expect Russo to start on the bench. I think Groenen and James start vs Birmingham.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Honestly, I've been to Old Trafford and seen warm ups similar to that.
My first reaction as well. Only someone who's not watched enough of our OT warmups would think it was notable. I'm not sure what it's got to do with Birmingham or United either.

@jojojo there is no Sunday the 12th - is the match today or tomorrow?
Oops. Fixed.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Mollie Green also makes her debut for Birmingham. I'm a bit surprised Ladd isn't starting. Will Groenen play next to Zelem then, as usually she plays more advanced?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Apparently so. She's still getting over that big injury from last season, and it sounds like she picked up an injury when she came on as sub against Chelsea. Jess is injured. Staniforth is apparently still suspended.
When will Lucy be available?

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
MUTV only shows live home matches of women's league, is it?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Good. The more options we have the better. Chelsea are 8-0 today up, so last weeks result is really encouraging.
And Arsenal have scored 15 goals in their first two games! Breaking the top three is probably beyond our reach at the moment but hopefully we can close the gap. Will be hard as so many teams have strengthened.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
That was a lovely ball through.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
And Arsenal have scored 15 goals in their first two games! Breaking the top three is probably beyond our reach at the moment but hopefully we can close the gap. Will be hard as so many teams have strengthened.
I like how we are doing it gradually. Will be good to see how we are with the American girls in as well.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Hell of a freekick.

RORY65

2-2. Brilliant goal by Zelem. We have been on top albeit not creating a lot.