WSL 20/21 | Chelsea v United - 14:30 Sun 17 Jan

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Think Chelsea have shown that even with all the improvement there is a gulf between the two teams . United have competed well but have been definitely second best . I think United squad is pretty strong but this Chelsea squad is insane
Player for player, there's no doubt Chelsea are stronger than us. Teamwise they're also far more experienced than us. We're close, but we've still got a way to go. A bit of a shame that we didn't have Heath, she could have helped us mix it up in that second half.

We made it hard for our defence by going for pressing game at the front, but I still find it disappointing to see Kirby walk straight through the middle like that. We've got a lot to learn. Need to get our sharpness back now, a top three finish would be higher for us.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Not bad for an underdogs. Casey should and definitely will look for squad upgrades.

Still in range to continue the race. Also need better luck with injuries.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
It is really positive for our development that we are really disappointed to lose against Chelsea.

Lauren James' goal was so amazing :drool:

Arsenal played 1-1 against Reading so there were some good news for us too today.

kundalini

Awful performance. Apart from Lauren James' superb goal, we created very little, while our defending was shocking. Surprised by how poor Jackie Groenen and Hayley Ladd were in midfield, they were struggling to control the ball and gave away possession time after time. Kirsty Smith as bad as I expected. Even a quality player like Leah Galton offered almost nothing in attack.

Christen Press disappointing again. She had moments when she looked bright then would lose possession cheaply.

What were Amy and Millie doing for Fran Kirby's goal ? Hopeless defending. They were fortunate Sam Kerr didn't punish earlier errors. Amy looked out of her depth up against Sam Kerr in the first half.

Kirsty Hanson marginally offside from Ella Toone's through-ball, otherwise that would have been a nice goal. Hanson's awful pass near the edge of their area in the opening minutes, after their keeper gifted her the ball, was more typical of the team's performance.

I'm amazed there weren't more substitutions. In particular, Katie Zelem seemed to me to be an obvious one, given the performances of Jackie and Hayley.

This weekend I rewatched both the home game against Chelsea and the game against Arsenal. I was hoping we would perform as we did in the Arsenal game, not the rather fortunate 1-1 draw with Chelsea. I think the occasion got to some of our better players.

Clearly we missed Tobin Heath and Alessia Russo.

Last edited:

croadyman

Awful performance. Apart from Lauren James' superb goal, we created very little, while our defending was shocking. Surprised by how poor Jackie Groenen and Hayley Ladd were in midfield, they were struggling to control the ball and gave away possession time after time. Kirsty Smith as bad as I expected. Even a quality player like Leah Galton offered almost nothing in attack.

Christen Press disappointing again. She had moments when she looked bright then would lose possession cheaply.

What were Amy and Millie doing for Fran Kirby's goal ? Hopeless defending. They were fortunate Sam Kerr didn't punish earlier errors. Amy looked out of her depth up against Sam Kerr in the first half.

Kirsty Hanson marginally offside from Ella Toone's through-ball, otherwise that would have been a nice goal. Hanson's awful pass near the edge of their area in the opening minutes, after their keeper gifted her the ball, was more typical of the team's performance.

I'm amazed there weren't more substitutions. In particular, Katie Zelem seemed to me to be an obvious one, given the performances of Jackie and Hayley.

This weekend I rewatched both the home game against Chelsea and the game against Arsenal. I was hoping we would perform as we did in the Arsenal game, not the rather fortunate 1-1 draw with Chelsea. I think the occasion got to some of our better players.

Clearly we missed Tobin Heath and Alessia Russo.
Yeah pretty safe to say that Heath's injury was a bit more than a niggle as certain she would have been brought on in that second half considering her vast experience, in regards to Russo she was just starting to hit form for the team and then ended up with that bad injury at just the wrong time.