WSL 20/21 | Chelsea v United - 14:30 Sun 17 Jan

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I think Toone (7) is getting too high when we go forward, if she just holds back a little she will find more space and also stop dragging more chelsea players into the defensive area which is crowding everything out.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I'd hook Galton for Heath at half time. United need to move the ball quicker and get their heads up in the counter.

They're on their way in to a serious bollocking I think.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Can't watch but sounds a lot like the City game so far.

Dudu

Awful 30 minutes, but decent response since the goal. That offside goal was marginal.

We're definitely still in this. If she's fit, Heath could make a world of difference here.

Lightbringer

We got outplayed. But what bothers me is that the "Chelsea fix" was in on the offside goal, I knew instantly they were going to cancel it. Last season away to them Chelsea were gifted a incredible soft penalty when they could not break us down. Its definitely a pattern where Chelsea is getting favours by the referees. When they have that extra protection, its almost impossible to beat them.

Dudu

Looks like the right call in the end. What a calm finish though

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Was that goal our first shot on target??

RORY65

feck that's such a poor goal after doing so well to get level.

Dudu

Less than 20* mins to go.. both top spot and our unbeaten record on the line.

Last edited:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Think Chelsea have shown that even with all the improvement there is a gulf between the two teams . United have competed well but have been definitely second best . I think United squad is pretty strong but this Chelsea squad is insane

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Think Chelsea have shown that even with all the improvement there is a gulf between the two teams . United have competed well but have been definitely second best . I think United squad is pretty strong but this Chelsea squad is insane
Think we should be making sure we get CL football. As you say we still need strengthening and that might attract even more top notch players.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Thats a very good Chelsea side but I dont think we are too far off their quality. Two different styles on show there.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
We played much better in the second half, and what a goal by James. But such a shit way to lose a game with that second goal.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Kind of a weird one because we could have easily have been 2-3 down in the first half but then after getting the equaliser we were really naive & lacked game management skill

RORY65

Disappointing way to lose despite James' brilliant goal but the better team won, you can see that they have been investing heavily for years while we're still a developing side. Arsenal dropping points is useful for us because I think realistically the aim for us always going to be qualifying for the Champions League (although that would have changed if we had won today).

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Safe to assume Heath wasn't fit to play?

Shame about the result but just have to forget it and get back to winning next week.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Disappointing way to lose despite James' brilliant goal but the better team won, you can see that they have been investing heavily for years while we're still a developing side. Arsenal dropping points is useful for us because I think realistically the aim for us always going to be qualifying for the Champions League (although that would have changed if we had won today).
Is that Chelsea defender definitely coming to us?

Dudu

It's also worth noting this was our first match in a month whereas Chelsea played last week. We looked very rusty in the beginning and clearly lacking some sharpness.

Heath was a big miss too.