WSL 20/21 | City v United | 7pm tonight - Fri 12 Feb

Lightbringer

The most important game in the womens teams history thus far, I am so nervous!

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Pressing well, need to get the final ball right.

Ubik

Can we please stop just passing back to Earps to play out?

Dudu

Sadly, unable to watch this :(

Hope we can get back into this in the 2nd half.

Zoo

Get the final ball right and we can get back into this. Press has had no service and just had to make a chance for herself.

Ubik

Ladd's a bit lucky there.

Ubik

That's the killer 2-0, terrible clearing again.

Ubik

Shame we can't punish a Greenwood error there.

Ubik

Christ has this commentator ordered his full City kit yet?

Ubik

Well, that was bad. Batlle was good I thought.

Arsenal game is the season now.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Can't complain about the result. We never really played to our strengths, and City were just too good. We didn't have many chances at all. I think that officially ends our "title chase", but it would've been a miracle for us to win the league anyway. To still be near the top two thirds into the season is a sign of how much we've improved this season. Still in a great position ahead of Arsenal. Thought Press had one of her better games tonight, even through lack of service. Midfield just wasn't good enough though.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Bad night. I'm hoping this international break will help us (even though history says the opposite in terms of how we respond to gaps in the schedule!).

No WSL match until 7th March due to the international - Press will go to the USA, Batlle to Spain, I guess Groenen will join the Netherlands squad.

But it would be nice to think that gap might mean we'll get Alessia Russo back in time for the Villa match.

Meanwhile, fingers crossed that Leah Galton's injury turns out to be a three week sort of strain rather than a three month one.

Ubik

Bad night. I'm hoping this international break will help us (even though history says the opposite in terms of how we respond to gaps in the schedule!).

No WSL match until 7th March due to the international - Press will go to the USA, Batlle to Spain, I guess Groenen will join the Netherlands squad.

But it would be nice to think that gap might mean we'll get Alessia Russo back in time for the Villa match.

Meanwhile, fingers crossed that Leah Galton's injury turns out to be a three week sort of strain rather than a three month one.
Ooh good point, that would be a massive boost.

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic

Stoney said Russo and Staniforth are back and maybe James.

For Galton I'm really hoping its only a 3 months as I thought it looked like an achilles and that would be awful.

croadyman

Stoney said Russo and Staniforth are back and maybe James.

For Galton I'm really hoping its only a 3 months as I thought it looked like an achilles and that would be awful.
Getting Alessia back might just be enough to hold off the Arsenal threat but they do have two games in hand

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Deserved defeat for us.

I would agree right now to a 0-10 defeat if it means Galton injury isn't serious.

Hopefully Galton, James and Russo will be available for the Aston Villa match or at least against Arsenal because otherwise we will really struggle for a Champions League place.

kundalini

I suppose given our performance at Chelsea, getting completely outplayed by City shouldn't be that surprising.

Christen Press could have scored when Ellie Roebuck came out of her goal. Christen's shot from long distance was ultimately miles off target.

A competent central defender would be top of my shopping list after the post-Christmas games. Millie would rather pass the ball back to Mary Earps than take the responsibility for starting moves, while the defensive blunders from Millie and Amy are looking more like a pattern.

Maria Thorisdottir our worst performer on the night; so many errors from her. Hayley fortunate not to get a 2nd booking.

Last edited: