WSL 20/21 | Everton v United - 14:30 - Sun 31 Jan

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
The match is on BT Sport again in the UK, but available live (and free) in most other countries on FAPlayer.

Tobin Heath is expected to miss the next 12 weeks with an ankle injury.

Martha Harris is out of action at least for this week with bruised ribs.

Alessia Russo and Lucy Staniforth are going through the stages to get back to full training - from the photos, they're back on the grass and allowed to kick a ball again.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
What's happened to Sigsworth? Also great to see Gauvin back. :drool:

Lightbringer

United need Christen Press to come up with something, we need her to produce the goods!

kundalini

What's happened to Sigsworth? Also great to see Gauvin back. :drool:
What time frame regarding Sigsworth, this season, or compared to previous seasons ?

I suspect that Alessia Russo, Tobin Heath and Christen Press arrived because Casey wasn't confident that Jane Ross, Jess Sigsworth and Lauren James could score enough goals.

So Sigsworth has moved from regular back-up player (7 WSL starts 720 mins last season) to player who only starts if there are tons of injuries and gets occasional sub mins (2 starts 160 WSL mins this season). In performance terms, Jess Sigsworth did well for the assist for Ella Toone's winner against Arsenal, she had almost no impact when she started against Man City, scored against bottom of the table Bristol City and barely got a touch when she came on against Chelsea.

She missed the first three games of the season and then the matches against Villa and Reading in December. I assume she was injured as we had fewer subs on the bench than allowed. She was an unused sub for 2 WSL matches.

Last edited:

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Rapid start to this game so far. Lets hope we get some more. Decent chance for Press.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
What time frame regarding Sigsworth, this season, or compared to previous seasons ?

I suspect that Alessia Russo, Tobin Heath and Christen Press arrived because Casey wasn't confident that Jane Ross, Jess Sigsworth and Lauren James could score enough goals.

So Sigsworth has moved from regular back-up player (7 WSL starts 720 mins last season) to player who only starts if there are tons of injuries and gets occasional sub mins (2 starts 160 WSL mins this season). In performance terms, Jess Sigsworth did well for the assist for Ella Toone's winner against Arsenal, she had almost no impact when she started against Man City, scored against bottom of the table Bristol City and barely got a touch when she came on against Chelsea.

She missed the first three games of the season and then the matches against Villa and Reading in December. I assume she was injured as we had fewer subs on the bench than allowed. She was an unused sub for 2 WSL matches.
I just thought she'd go on to do bits for United. Yeah I remember her run for the assist for the Arsenal winner. Still think she's a great player.

Dudu

Finally!

Press doubles the lead just before HT.

thedano

Decent half that, Zelem, Galton and Ladd excellent, Press looking a lot better, hopefully add a few more

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Press has looked much better and that was great movement for her goal. Good value for the lead, Sorensen on the left looks the biggest threat at the moment.

Dudu

1-0, Toone

2-0, Press

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Went very off the boil in that second half but defence did well, good result.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Good performance overall. Had to do some defending in the second half, but Everton didn't have many chances. Really impressed with Batlle again. And delighted for Press to get her goal.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
City Vs Arsenal next weekend . A city win is probably the best for our top 3 chances though Arsenal getting something gives us a great shot at top 2

RORY65

Really good first half, we could have scored more with the chances we had in fact, and then in the 2nd half we weren't good with the ball but defended well and in the end that's hugely positive result.

Press looked the sharpest she has this season, that's a hugely promising sign for the rest of the season, while Batlle was fantastic again and the Turners, especially Amy, were solid at centre back.

steffyr2

The game is on in the US on NBCSN, who knew that was a thing? Apparently delayed, since it's at the 33rd minute now, and you all talking about the half time break.
I haven't watched them before. It looks COLD.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I didnt get to see the game but so great to see how far the team have come in a short space of time.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
City Vs Arsenal next weekend . A city win is probably the best for our top 3 chances though Arsenal getting something gives us a great shot at top 2
We should have first our eyes on the 3rd place therefore a Manchester City win against Arsenal would be the best result for us.

By the way then we will have the derby and Arsenal will play against Chelsea therefore we all should have a clear picture on the table after these fixtures :)