WSL 20/21 | United v Arsenal | 2:30pm Sun 8 Nov

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee

So, it's been a while since we last played - the international break seemed to really drag all the momentum out of the League again. To make matters worse our mid-week WSLCup match got postponed (due to weather damage at Everton's stadium). On the plus side though it may mean that some of our injured players are available - Lauren James, Alessia Russo, Ona Batlle and Ivana Fuso were all on our injured list when we started the international break.

The match is live on MUTV and available live for free in most countries on FAPlayer (you need to register to use FA Player) https://faplayer.thefa.com/home/all

ImmortalJoker66

Supports
Trinidad and Tobago
The first game we played we did give them a fight, the second time we faced them we held out till stoppage time. I believe in the boss that she will put her strongest team out there and go for the win or some way to take points off of Arsenal. But I am overly and cautiously optimistic while still nervous due to there immense attacking potential.

Reactions: jojojo

ImmortalJoker66

Supports
Trinidad and Tobago
"Alessia Russo is missing from today’s squad after suffering a hamstring injury in training and will undergo surgery in the coming days. We wish Alessia all the best in her recovery"

Hate being right :(

Reactions: jojojo

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
"Alessia Russo is missing from today’s squad after suffering a hamstring injury in training and will undergo surgery in the coming days. We wish Alessia all the best in her recovery"

Hate being right :(
That's gutting, was looking so good.

Lightbringer

Terrible news about Russo, I am gutted :-( Anyone know what it means that the injury requires surgery? Does that mean its much more serious with a longer recovery phase?

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
No sign of McManus either, and Fuso still not available. Very strong team though, and very attack-minded. Galton at left back again, it will be a big test for her.

Feeling very nervous about this. Arsenal have had a really strong start to the season, any points we get out of this match will be huge for us.

Lightbringer

I subscribe to MUTV, but todays match is blocked because I am in sweden. I am not very happy about that to say the least. Will have to watch the replay tonight at 21.00.

Dudu

Just tuned in. Damn.. Russo :(

Massive game this. Cmon United!!

Ubik

Oooh nice from Heath and Press, would've been awesome.

Dudu

What a pass! Almost a delightful goal from the WC duo

Ubik

Gah almost! Great save. We're playing really well.

Dudu

HT.

Well on top. What a shame we haven't scored.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Only half time, but pleasantly surprised so far. We've been by far the better team. Just need to get that goal.

Lightbringer

Is that because it's live on a Swedish TV channel?
I assume thats the case. MUTV wrote "live on MUTV if you are in england", so obviously that was very important to mention.

I am getting fiber in a few weeks and then I´ll have to sort out satellite TV or something to get access to all the games. I shall stop disctracting the game day thread with this though, I have the option to pay like 50£ a month to see like every 5th United womens game... The company who owns the right blocks out every United game, but only broadcasts a few select games. And dont even respond to questions about what womens games will be broadcasted the coming month, because they dont care.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Frustrating game this. We've been on top and had plenty of possession in the final third, but only a couple of real chances and not much that has tested the keeper. Lots of near misses - like that one from Turner.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
I assume thats the case. MUTV wrote "live on MUTV if you are in england", so obviously that was very important to mention.

I am getting fiber in a few weeks and then I´ll have to sort out satellite TV or something to get access to all the games. I shall stop disctracting the game day thread with this though, I have the option to pay like 50£ a month to see like every 5th United womens game... The company who owns the right blocks out every United game, but only broadcasts a few select games. And dont even respond to questions about what womens games will be broadcasted the coming month, because they dont care.
FA Player covers most of the international markets, but I know some of the regions have actually bought broadcast rights. Frustrating if that includes matches that don't actually put on air. Maybe a VPN and FA Player would be a better bet.

Ubik

Game of missed chances unfortunately.