WSL 20/21 | United v City | 12:30 - Sat 14 Nov

pacifictheme

Zelem starting on thr bench two games running as captain. Lost her place?

Also see Smith hasn't made thr bench at all, I've not been following the line ups too closely this season but she's a Scotland International was a starter, has she been shunted down the order?

Dudu

What is going on with this midfield. That’s like the 4th time there has been 5 or 6 city players vs 4. Ladd and Grojn just don’t seem to be able to match City physically at all.
Seriously, every single time we are outnumbered in midfield and end up losing the ball or try a long ball.

marktan

Getting destroyed a bit in midfield, one simple ball and they're in the final third. City should be further ahead.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Looked offside in the build-up, but can't complain about being 2 down.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Been destroyed that half.
City getting so much space on the wings, I think we need to go a bit more direct in the second half.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I'm not sure where Casey will go with this. We need to toughen up the defence and midfield, but we need goals as well. Zelem in, but for who? Maybe go 5 at the back with Ladd moving into the defence, and Jess to come off? As things stand, no one's playing well enough to complain if we do bring them off.

Tobin Heath looking very frustrated with how we're playing and no wonder.

Lightbringer

Wow, are we playing the mens City team? I never seend such tempo and physicality from a womens side. The pace is furious. City smelled blood after the first goal and got all the momentum. And the 2nd was really bad just before the break.

Delighted to watch this live, even though it was painful to see City dominate. And yes, it was clearly offside in the buildup to 0-2, very clear offside.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How did that linesman miss the offside when she's 20cm in front of his nose?

Champ

I'm not sure where Casey will go with this. We need to toughen up the defence and midfield, but we need goals as well. Zelem in, but for who? Maybe go 5 at the back with Ladd moving into the defence, and Jess to come off? As things stand, no one's playing well enough to complain if we do bring them off.

Tobin Heath looking very frustrated with how we're playing and no wonder.
5 at the back is a must, pin City's wingbacks back, really press high.

Gordon S

Seems like we are way off in our positions, Batlle is all alone on the right side at times and Stokes especially can just cruise forward and start attack anyway she wants. Casey must find a way to get closer to them and stop them way earlier.

Champ

Pressure higher up the pitch and that happens, lovely stuff

Champ

Haven't really kicked on from that goal, still too passive in the press. Allowing City to dictate play again.

Andersons Dietician

Lauren James is ridiculous. Last week against Arsenal at one point she got the ball and was basically toying with 4-5 Arsenal players.

already she’s binned a good few City players with just a body swerve.

Shes incredible.

cj_sparky

Lauren James is ridiculous. Last week against Arsenal at one point she got the ball and was basically toying with 4-5 Arsenal players.

already she’s binned a good few City players with just a body swerve.

Shes incredible.
All whilst looking like doing it in slow motion unreal...and we've scored woo hoo.

Champ

Get in there. Game on now

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
GET IN!!!!!!!!!

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Galton's corners have been great.