WSL 21/22 | Reading v United - 11:30 Sat 12 March

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Kickoff time set by what the TV need, and it's an early one! Things remain tough at the top - and our main rivals for third place (Spurs - level on points, City - 2 points behind, but in great form) play each other tomorrow. We could do with Spurs taking points off City and it goes without saying that we can't afford to drop points ourselves, especially as we play Chelsea away in the last match of the season.

The injured/not ready United players are still mostly injured/not ready - though Jade Moore is getting closer and apparently so is Millie Turner - that means we'll probably go into the match without our first choice central defenders and defensive midfielders again. Bruun may be ready to return according to Skinner, but I doubt he'll want to rush any of them. Maybe we'll see one of them on the bench though?

Live on Sky in the UK and on FAPlayer in most other countries.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Ouch. Zelem gets hit in the face by a fast moving ball. She's tough though, she checks the number of teeth she's still got and then wants to get back on with the game.

And as I type that, nearly another terrible defensive error from us - with Caldwell and Thorisdottir combining to mess up. We get away with it.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Had to score twice to get our third. Batlle's long range effort clearly bounces over the line but the linesman doesn't give it. Luckily Russo follows it up with an equally impressive shot from distance that deflects into the top corner.

brian017

Ball 500 metres over the line, came out to Russo who scored anyway. But christ almighty get that lineman's subscription updated in Specsavers

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Definitely more goals in this game for United.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Couple of good saves by Earps from Rose there.

Bwuk

Should be looking for the ball in behind for Galton everytime. Reading defence is woeful.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
The amazing thing is that it's still 3-1. 6-2 maybe or even 5-3 would fit the match better. Entertaining for sure - but really hard on the blood pressure.

3 minutes of added time to play, 3-1 up, and I still can't say I'm feeling like we've got this won.

thedano

Good going forwards, poor at the back. Should of scored more and is it me or is the officiating getting worse? so many poor decisions for both sides

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Good win in the end. Reading had a few good chances in the second, but we really should've had more goals ourselves.

Spurs vs City tomorrow. Any points Spurs can take from City here would be massive, as I can't see them dropping any points in the rest of their games.

ImmortalJoker66

Supports
Trinidad and Tobago
Good win in the end. Reading had a few good chances in the second, but we really should've had more goals ourselves.

Spurs vs City tomorrow. Any points Spurs can take from City here would be massive, as I can't see them dropping any points in the rest of their games.
If Spurs want to keep up with us they need the crucial 3 points against City tomorrow

croadyman

Fingers crossed for them :lol:

Incidentally that's not just me saying, "Lassies - it's Spurs" as a moment of bravado, Spurs have still got Arsenal and Chelsea to play - they've got a tough run-in. On paper at least, City have an easier path.
Yeah thinking exactly the same