WSL 21/22 | United v Arsenal - Sun 21 Nov at 12.15 | live on BBC2

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I don't know if I can stick with this in the 2nd half. Two dreadful sides today.

Well, United are dreadful most weeks, but they've been particularly bad this afternoon

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I don't know if I can stick with this in the 2nd half. Two dreadful sides today.

Well, United are dreadful most weeks, but they've been particularly bad this afternoon
I missed the first half (not through choice!) sounds like I didn't miss much.

Just for consistency/history though - today's team:

No Jackie Groenen - she's still out with a hamstring problem.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I missed the first half (not through choice!) sounds like I didn't miss much.

Just for consistency/history though - today's team:

No Jackie Groenen - she's still out with a hamstring problem.
Both sides have struggled. Arsenal look more likely to score. United poor in possession, sitting in and looking to counter.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Just realised this was on now, switched it on and we conceded a penalty and are 2-0 down.
Really couldn't tell from the replays if that was a penalty.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Just realised this was on now, switched it on and we conceded a penalty and are 2-0 down.
Really couldn't tell from the replays if that was a penalty.
I think that was Batlle's tackle/block to make. Effectively she stopped the Arsenal player in her tracks and Mannion almost inevitably crashed into the players foot. Not deliberate or a 100% penalty but it would have been more surprising if it hasn't been given.

sebsheep

Big chance for Zelem there, brilliant ball in.

sebsheep

Looked like that foul was right on the line there. :nervous:
Arsenal hit the bar from the free kick.

kundalini

Apart from Lucy Staniforth's super pass for Katie Zelem's big chance that was saved and another good cross from Lucy, there was so little quality from us. Alessia Russo held the ball up well on occasion and sent Kirsty Hanson into space with a nice pass. Ella Toone was very poor, Leah Galton contributed nothing after an early cross slightly too high for our attackers, Zelem rubbish though did have our only serious chance. Thorisdottir and Mannion are more of a comedy act at this point than a central defensive pairing; you know they are going to make a blunder, just not what type it will be. Both Ona Batlle and Blundell were poor; Hannah's foul just inside the area was given as a free-kick right on the edge.

So many of Arsenal's chances in the first half came from terrible play from United. Our players have no idea what to do with the ball when in possession. The contrast with Arsenal's play was just embarrassing.

Last edited: