WSL 22/23 | City v United at the Etihad - Sun 11 Dec at 12:30

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
No new injuries this week.

Also from the press conference, another (not really) news update on contracts:

Interesting choice of phrase though. Players, agents and club now starting to think about where the game could be in a couple of years time. Very important with players like Ona and Alessia.

Grande

Big game today! Six points in the CL race. Time to start claiming Manchester’s true colours for ALL citizens.

I have hopes for us pulling of a good game today.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Feck, 1-1.

Was really looking forward to 3pts here after the beating the men took earlier in the season.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
44 000+ announced, but dont know if thats sold or people really attending.
Wow, that is just sick. More than Chelsea FC ever have drawn for a home game in modern time. But Chelsea is of course a really small club compared to our women’s team.

Lightbringer

The importance of the next goal for this season and Man United womens future is so huge, I can barely breath watching....

Lightbringer

Thomas on for Parris. Unusual for Skinner to use subs this early...its early for Skinner...

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
The importance of the next goal for this season and Man United womens future is so huge, I can barely breath watching....
With any other owner than the Glazer our women’s team will become the best in the world. They are really good as it is without any contribution from the owner.

Lightbringer

With any other owner than the Glazer our women’s team will become the best in the world. They are really good as it is without any contribution from the owner.
Yes agreed, but finishing 4th this season could mean losing Ona and Lessi and lot of progress to the waste!

We need to protect 1 point, but also need to score, tough to balance.

Lightbringer

Of course in the race for the title, we can not afford to drop points today at all.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Yes agreed, but finishing 4th this season could mean losing Ona and Lessi and lot of progress to the waste!

We need to protect 1 point, but also need to score, tough to balance.
Aha, got it.

At the same time — one week of Maguire’s salary easily get us a world class star. But they need the facilities. Some clubs offer absolute top notch facilities shared with the men’s team while others offer like VNL conditions. That we are as competitive as we are despite the horrible conditions the Glazers offers the women’s team is pretty fantastic.

Lightbringer

Well, at least we did not lose to the plastic cnuts club. I think City were the slightly better team. So I guess 1 point will have to do...still we had the lead so bitter to lose it!

Last game of the season vs City at home could be vital now!

Lightbringer

I´d like to see Skinner with earlier subs when players are tiring, thats my only complaint as usual. United looked better when we subbed in fresh legs.