WSL 22/23 | random chat on us and our rivals

MUW4Eva

City being 6 points behind at this stage, is certainly very helpful....

Why they still continue to play Steph is beyond puzzling, when she quite clearly isn't up to the task at this level anymore.

They have a huge "Battle at the Bottom" next against Leicester, het beat or draw in that one, and you would imagine Ludlow would take over for their next game after that one.

Liverpool getting bear quite comprehensively by Everton on their own patch at Anfield, or rather Quitefield, was something to behold!

Lots of teams on 3 points, but only 3 on maximum points, of which we are one of them!

croadyman

City being 6 points behind at this stage, is certainly very helpful....

Why they still continue to play Steph is beyond puzzling, when she quite clearly isn't up to the task at this level anymore.

They have a huge "Battle at the Bottom" next against Leicester, het beat or draw in that one, and you would imagine Ludlow would take over for their next game after that one.

Liverpool getting bear quite comprehensively by Everton on their own patch at Anfield, or rather Quitefield, was something to behold!

Lots of teams on 3 points, but only 3 on maximum points, of which we are one of them!
Fixtures look pretty favourable up to the Chelsea game on Nov 6 (probably regret saying that)

MUW4Eva

Yeah still think we will find both hard to beat

Chelsea yes, City, nahh, they are done for the season.
Yes of course, "form goes out of the window in derbies", and all that, but as long as they are playing Steph at CB, there is nothing to worry about from them.

It is them that now have to, and should he very much worrying about us, and what we can do to them.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Why this emoticon??

What is it about City especially that you think warranted such a response??
You called the team who has won 5 out of the last 6 WSL titles a "very poor side".

It's an incredibly dumb comment.

MUW4Eva

You called the team who has won 5 out of the last 6 WSL titles a "very poor side".

It's an incredibly dumb comment.
It was more aimed at City, but anyway, it was at the time, a "Battle at the Bottom", (more tongue in cheek than anything serious).

MUW4Eva

Yeah, we really have to pay City back for today's men's game when we play them in the derby in the WSL........we are more than capable of doing just that.

Thered95

Hey guys,

I am a Master's student at the University of Brighton from South Korea. Being a female fan myself, through my thesis research I want to find out what can enable more male fans to live, breathe and sleep the women's games as much as you do for the men's games. I would really appreciate your quick minutes into the survey I designed for the research I am conducting. :)

Survey Link: https://brighton.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/male-british-football-fans-attitudes-towards-attending-wo-8

Thank you guys xx

MUW4Eva

Hey guys,

I am a Master's student at the University of Brighton from South Korea. Being a female fan myself, through my thesis research I want to find out what can enable more male fans to live, breathe and sleep the women's games as much as you do for the men's games. I would really appreciate your quick minutes into the survey I designed for the research I am conducting. :)

Survey Link: https://brighton.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/male-british-football-fans-attitudes-towards-attending-wo-8

Thank you guys xx
Completed this, good luck!

MUW4Eva

Completed this, good luck!

Sorry forgot something, as an addendum to the big question 8 I think it was/is, I would like to add, put more women's specific merchandise in the physical Megastore, and the online one, for example why has ghere never been a season review of the women's team released on DVD/Blu Ray, or even just on MUTV??
Make more merchandise available, make sure the staff who do the printing are knowledgeable about all of the players, both male and female, so that when you ask for a women's players name, then you can get one.

All of these will help people to want to come to the women's games more often, as it will make them feel more connected to the team, then perhaps they currently are.

Thered95

Hey guys,

Thank you so much for your participation and thoughtful comments at the end. I am posting this because there were some technical issues in using the links for some fans who weren't able to participate, so I reopened the link upon your request :)

I'd greatly appreciate it if you could help me with my research :)

Link: https://brighton.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/football_survey

Cheers

Reading away tickets and away day plans generally

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Asking for a Newbie regarding the Away game, if anyone can help you could answer here and I'll pass it on or please PM the person direct, thanks in advance.

Hi,

I’m looking to get tickets for the United Women vs Reading match on Sun 22/01.

Does anyone know which area the (mad) United travelling fans will be gathered?

United ticket office have said - “If tickets for this game are not allocated on our website, you will need to visit the away club's official website ticketing.readingfc.co.uk

Reading told me “Unfortunately, we do not have a designated Visiting Supporters section for Reading FC Women’s fixtures, all Supporters are mixed. You can purchase anywhere in the Sir John Madejski Stand Between Blocks Y20 and Y23.”

Been going to watch the matches when they play down south with my son.

The atmosphere, songs, banter in the United away end is just great - with the recent Arsenal match being the best!!

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0e7Lk9fQ4BfE-9aIQMDRcM5sA

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
@jojojo - do you know which area the Barmy Army United travelling fans will be in for Reading away?
Tickets are on sale from Reading FC themselves

I haven't heard if we're being given an official away allocation by Reading - when we do have an official away section those tickets get sold from United's ticketing page:
https://tickets.manutd.com/en-GB/categories/womens
There aren't any there yet for the Reading match, but Reading have only just started selling tickets from their site so we may see something from United soon. Unfortunately not all teams do give us an away game allocation.

If I see anything about where the United fans are going to gather I'll let you know. You can also try:
https://twitter.com/muw_sc
They are in direct touch with the club and organise things like away day travel, so the chances are they'll either be suggesting which part of the ground to go or announcing that United are expecting to get a ticket allocation.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
An update for @sion-utd and anyone else thinking about going to our away match with Reading. Reading are now suggesting that United fans buy tickets in a particular section of the ground.

https://ticketing.readingfc.co.uk/en-GB/categories/women home

If you've already got a match ticket but want to move to the United zone, then you can contact the Reading ticket office by email and they will help with that:

Lightbringer

What are the odds of Bristol getting Manchester City at home in the FA for both mens and womens team? Surely this cant be a coincidence?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Taking my daughter to her first WSL match on Sunday. Taking her as a surprise, she’s going to absolutely love it. She’s been mad into football since the euros and has a season ticket at Chesterfield with me. Anyway.. @jojojo (or anyone else who knows) can you let me know what the ‘Merchandise Unit’ at LSV consists of? She wants a new shirt with Toone or Russo on the back (I’ll lean her towards ET). Can she get official printing done at the ground ?

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Taking my daughter to her first WSL match on Sunday. Taking her as a surprise, she’s going to absolutely love it. She’s been mad into football since the euros and has a season ticket at Chesterfield with me. Anyway.. @jojojo (or anyone else who knows) can you let me know what the ‘Merchandise Unit’ at LSV consists of? She wants a new shirt with Toone or Russo on the back (I’ll lean her towards ET). Can she get official printing done at the ground ?
I think there's just a small stall inside the Legends Bar in the West Stand of LSV that sells merchandise. I'm sure they sell shirts with the players names on the back there, and if they do they'll definitely have some of Toone & Russo.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
I think there's just a small stall inside the Legends Bar in the West Stand of LSV that sells merchandise. I'm sure they sell shirts with the players names on the back there, and if they do they'll definitely have some of Toone & Russo.
Sounds right to me. I've seen the United staff with the merchandise in there, and some of the shirts have names on them already. I'm not sure if they can make them to order on site though, so it may be a matter of luck with sizes etc.

Just on the location - the Legends bar (it's more cafe than bar) entrance is outside the ground (on the main face of West stand) and I think it's open pre-match only.

Unless someone else knows better?

By the way - there's only limited parking at LSV, so that may also come down to luck. The alternative car parks are shown on the LSV website, they're about 15 minutes walk away.

croadyman

Thank you Hammers. We really need to just keep playing the same way and being cynical about the finishes. It’s tough when any slip up has such consequences, but that’s how far we’ve come, so it’s all good it’s a problem.
Those games where we play Chelsea away (draw not enough) and West Ham at home (before Chelsea v City) are absolutely crucial for putting pressure on both.

croadyman

Yes, I wonder if we’re ready yet to put pressure on Chelsea in that way. The Gunners win was crucial in that respect.
Yeah we will get our answer on Mar 12,hopefully other two January window signings are available

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
It's a funny moment in the League. I don't think anyone is playing great - even Chelsea are just in a "dig in and get a result" phase.

There is a flatness about United at the moment though. I don't know if tiredness (mental as well as physical) has hit a couple of players. I'm concerned by the number of players we've recruited in the past 18 months who just seem to have disappeared from the picture.

It bothers me that in games like this last one, where Everton showed they knew how to defend, that we have no real plan B. Skinner frequently tells us what the players don't do - I'm still waiting for him to tell me why he thinks they can't do what he wants them to and whether he can try something different himself.

At any rate, we're still in with a shout in the League. Where we finish is still in our own hands - which is the best you can hope for in the WSL at this stage in a season. We play Spurs at the weekend and then there's an international break - a good win at Spurs and a good international break could restart the clock for us. Let's hope.

Lightbringer

Manchester City-Arsenal 2-1

How much more nerve wrecking can it get? We have had an amazing season and now all it takes is 1 loss to be 4th again...

Last edited:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Tomorrow's game? And yes, I am just about to put up in the match thread, I've just been a bit slow :lol:

Match will be live on FAPlayer
Ah I thought it was today - that might explain why I couldn't find it anywhere!

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Some big games coming up, starting with City vs Chelsea tomorrow. Difficult to say what result would work best for us. Realistically City losing would give us a better shot at the CL spots. But if we still want to dream of the title, a City win or a draw would work. Arsenal vs City next weekend. A draw would be nice again but ideally we'd want one of them to drop off the race as soon as possible, no?

Of course all we can do is enjoy the ride and see what happens, but it's nice to speculate. And anyway reaching any of our goals, whether it is the title or CL, it's good to remember that we probably can't drop any points in the games against anyone outside the top 4, and we still have Villa away left, for example. We'll probably need at least 3 points from the home matches vs Arsenal & City, although 2 points would mean neither of them could gain any points on us :wenger: 4 points would be a dream really.

No matter how much I want to dream, I think Chelsea will eventually run away with the title and grabbing the CL spot would be another step forward for us. Arsenal and/or Chelsea going deep in CL could also have some part to play in all of this. Villa will play 3 of the top 4 and I can see only them causing problems to the top sides. In a one-off who knows though. Football, bloody hell?

ps. 9 goals conceded in 15 games is impressive. Our defense is stronger than ever before and I can't stress enough the importance of the signing of Le Tissier. In my opinion that has elevated Turner's game to a new level too. Earps has also been superb, so there's a strong core to the team this season.

Last edited:

Lightbringer

Definitely want chelsea to win tomorrow. A city win would set us up for disaster.

Last edited:

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
We need Chelsea to beat City today, and Arsenal later in the season. Cheslea are the clear favourites now for the title. While it was a great being in the picture for the title for so long, losing to Chelsea killed that dream. Still, our goal was to make it into the top 3 and right now we’re still in a great position to finish 3rd or even 2nd. Right now it’s City/Arsenal that we’re fighting in the table, not Chelsea.

brian017

I'm not sure what is the best result for us. If only we had nicked a draw against Chelsea