WSL 22/23 | Spurs v United - 12:00 Sun 12 Feb

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
It goes without saying that we need three points from Spurs. Spurs have not been having a good season so far - P11 W3 D0 L8 - but they made Chelsea work for their 3-2 win at the weekend so we still can't afford to under-estimate them. The match is at the main stadium which I think will be harder on their nerves than ours. We'll see.

Match is live on Sky Sports in the UK.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I still have tickets for this after the original postponement - looking forward to get back to winning ways

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
TV coverage, Sky Sports in the UK +
FA player is available in some countries but increasingly the matches are going to national broadcasters and pay channels - current list looks like:

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Chelsea don't play this weekend so a win today will put us top of the table, for a while at least. It's really tight up there though - a defeat would cost us whatever margin we've got for staying in the top three.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Ugh, it's DAZN for my country. I don't really want to subscribe to that crap just to watch United occasionally.

Lightbringer

The spotlight is on Skinner says the fans on twitter - I would reckon the spotlight is on the players!? But what do I know? :D

Just fecking win this game!

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Galton gets the ball in the net but it's offside.

Beth England gets a good chance on the break for Spurs but mishits the shot. Spurs have woken up, they're looking a lot livelier now.

Still goalless at 25 minutes.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Seem to have lost a bit of their sparkle the last few games.

Gazautd18

The goal will come from down spurs right hand side.
They getting exposed there.
Need to widen the play.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
The spotlight is on Skinner says the fans on twitter - I would reckon the spotlight is on the players!? But what do I know? :D

Just fecking win this game!
I do think the spotlight is on him to some extent. He says that he "trusts the process" and his first choice players. At the moment he's trusting them, despite then looking jaded in the past few matches. The squad has been strengthened - strengthened so much in fact that players like Moore, Staniforth and Leon all went on the market in January.

Today, looks very like the Everton match. Just that bit too slow and too predictable in attack.

We spent the first half waiting for Toone, Galton and Russo to do something - we need a plan B for when that doesn't happen.

That said - Toone has seen more of the ball this half (and has already hit the post), and it does look like we're trying to go up a gear.

Lightbringer

Some of our rivals must have done a voodo-ritual with all the posts we´ve been hitting since the christmas break! Someone one here that can un-curse us?

Lightbringer

I do think the spotlight is on him to some extent. He says that he "trusts the process" and his first choice players. At the moment he's trusting them, despite then looking jaded in the past few matches. The squad has been strengthened - strengthened so much in fact that players like Moore, Staniforth and Leon all went on the market in January.

Today, looks very like the Everton match. Just that bit too slow and too predictable in attack.

We spent the first half waiting for Toone, Galton and Russo to do something - we need a plan B for when that doesn't happen.

That said - Toone has seen more of the ball this half (and has already hit the post), and it does look like we're trying to go up a gear.
Good points. Surely he must be looking for early subs this game after last game or he is just stubborn and maybe wants to prove a point! Dont want to say that while the game is going on. But surely if the starting players are not producing we need to change it up, alsot to send signals to the starting players that they need to be sharp otherwise others will take their places! I am not sure how the subs are going to be ready to play after spending all season on the bench however....So its a bit of a dilemma ongoing with the team that I am not sure I´v seen in mens football before!

PoTMS

I should probably stop watching United games. Both games I've watched recently, we've looked pretty poor.

Zoo

Haahaha. Sorry for the Spurs defender though

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Silly girl. Saw the red mist.