WSL 22/23 | United v Villa at OT - Sat 3 Dec at 12:30

Lightbringer

Where is the promotion for this? The main official Manchester United channels on facebook, twitter, instagram & Tik tok etc should be posting about this every day this week. Really dissappointing from the club again! They could get 50 000 to this game if they really put their mind to it! Has anyone tried to contact Polly Bancroft about this? Or whoever is responsible for the womens PR?

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Where is the promotion for this? The main official Manchester United channels on facebook, twitter, instagram & Tik tok etc should be posting about this every day this week. Really dissappointing from the club again! They could get 50 000 to this game if they really put their mind to it! Has anyone tried to contact Polly Bancroft about this? Or whoever is responsible for the womens PR?
It's a frustrating one. We should have been able to give this a big buildup. The main account has more or less been silent. It is like it's all been left to the United women's team and individual (women's team) players and their social media feeds etc.

I've seen the match covered in some club emails, but not as if it's a special occasion for the club or the women's team - or to encourage newcomers to women's club football to try it live. If nothing else the chance for a whole family to go to OT and sit together and not go bankrupt buying the tickets is worth celebrating.

Even the OT photos only went up yesterday. Just as a decoration for the match, rather than as part of a buildup or an ad.

Lightbringer

It's a frustrating one. We should have been able to give this a big buildup. The main account has more or less been silent. It is like it's all been left to the United women's team and individual (women's team) players and their social media feeds etc.

I've seen the match covered in some club emails, but not as if it's a special occasion for the club or the women's team - or to encourage newcomers to women's club football to try it live. If nothing else the chance for a whole family to go to OT and sit together and not go bankrupt buying the tickets is worth celebrating.

Even the OT photos only went up yesterday. Just as a decoration for the match, rather than as part of a buildup or an ad.
The mens team is not even playing and they are pumping out meaningless stories all they long about anything connected to the mens team. Brunos choice of socks for the day is posted. I would like to personally give someone a proper bollocking for this. The womens team is at the top of the league as well and yet the club cant be bothered. I am sick of it.

The main accountswas more active last year even, it should be a slam dunk decision to go all in on promo since its a one time event and the mens team is idle. With the resources United have at hand I believe we could sell out the stadium if the club really wanted it.

Last edited:

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Wholeheartedly agreed. Last match vs Arsenal is just another proof the spectacle and desire is there. No bigger intention to promote that side of United is just bizarre. Not to mention it's such a relief to rest from countless Ronaldo drama and actually watch some nice attacking football without egos.

Demon Barber

I am going to this. I never really followed women's football until United finally got their act together and belatedly established a team. Now I am hooked - the quality and spirit is infectious.

I agree with the comments about lack of active publicity for this game. I'd have thought the club would have been more proactive in its marketing, smelling a lucrative opportunity ...but hey ho.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rood

Grande

I am going to this. I never really followed women's football until United finally got their act together and belatedly established a team. Now I am hooked - the quality and spirit is infectious.

I agree with the comments about lack of active publicity for this game. I'd have thought the club would have been more proactive in it's marketing, smelling a lucrative opportunity ...but hey ho.
Shout for me. I’ll watch on telly from Norway!

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Ye it has been poor - perfect opportunity with no Men's games to promote the Women

Also annoying for me that they changed kick off time as I bought tickets when they first came out but can no longer make it

croadyman

Ye it has been poor - perfect opportunity with no Men's games to promote the Women

Also annoying for me that they changed kick off time as I bought tickets when they first came out but can no longer make it
Really hope new owners buy into making the Women's team have a much higher profile

Gordon S

This has annoyed me as well. I mean, how much work can it be to push these games a bit more on social media? I honestly don´t think a full stadium is off the cards if the effort was there.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Looks like just about everyone is available for tomorrow. Only major exception is Aoife Mannion who is now training with the team again, but won't be ready for a while.

There's actually been a bit of a last minute push by the club and ticket sales may be heading up to around the 35k to 40k mark now. Tickets are still available online. Looks like the whole lower section of OT is open.

Last edited:

Glorio

Falling in love with this team - such positive, easy football

Glorio

SMILE Toone ffs, its been a brilliant game :D
Creative machine, bit of Bruno about her - in fact, Bruno is the men's Tooney! As I mentioned before, we just need to find a men's Alessia and we'll be golden!

Lightbringer

How much bigger is the grass surface at Old trafford than Leigh Sports Village pitch?