WSL Cup 22/23 | Aston Villa v United - 12:30 Sat 1 Oct

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
First match of the group stage.

In WSL Villa are level on (maximum) points with us. They have started the season well - with wins against City and Leicester. They've got a good manager and their summer signings, notably Rachel Daly, have really made a difference.

I'm not sure if Kirsty Hanson (currently on loan to them from us) will be able to play. Either way, it's not going to be an easy ride.

MUW4Eva

Yeah, I am just trying to remember last season, did Ramsey play against us whilst she was at Birmingham??
Or are the rules in the cups different for on loan players (with regards to Hanson's potential availability)???

Anyway, this will not be an easy game, no matter how many changes might be made, as I can see possibly Tounkara, Parris and Leon being in contention for a start.

Millie Turner should definitely be rested for this game, as we don't want to overburden her, after being out for so very long.
This would be a good game for her to just be rested for ahead of the Brighton one.

Villa have started off very well, and unlike Sarina, Carla isn't brain dead, and actually plays Daly as a striker, not as a full back.
So if she does play, then we will have to be very wary of the obvious threat that she will pose to our backline.

Hopefully we might have just too much gor them, even with possible changes, but by no means am I taking this game for granted.

Grande

Yeah, I am just trying to remember last season, did Ramsey play against us whilst she was at Birmingham??
Or are the rules in the cups different for on loan players (with regards to Hanson's potential availability)???

Anyway, this will not be an easy game, no matter how many changes might be made, as I can see possibly Tounkara, Parris and Leon being in contention for a start.

Millie Turner should definitely be rested for this game, as we don't want to overburden her, after being out for so very long.
This would be a good game for her to just be rested for ahead of the Brighton one.

Villa have started off very well, and unlike Sarina, Carla isn't brain dead, and actually plays Daly as a striker, not as a full back.
So if she does play, then we will have to be very wary of the obvious threat that she will pose to our backline.

Hopefully we might have just too much gor them, even with possible changes, but by no means am I taking this game for granted.
Areyou saying Sarina Wiegmann, two time European Champion, is brain dead? Sounds harsh :D

Maybe this will be a game for Alissou Touncara, Bøe Risa and Adriana Leon to get some game time. Our defence will surely be tested, based on what Villa showed against City.

MUW4Eva

Areyou saying Sarina Wiegmann, two time European Champion, is brain dead? Sounds harsh :D

Maybe this will be a game for Alissou Touncara, Bøe Risa and Adriana Leon to get some game time. Our defence will surely be tested, based on what Villa showed against City.
It depends on what teams, and how much rotation from both sides there will be.

I wouldn't be adverse to seeing us use Risa, Tounkara, and Parris from the start.

Robin

Awful penalties , very disappointing to see Toone take hers so casually , threw it away

Lightbringer

Just hit the middle of the net, thats the best penalties with a goaltender going early every time.

Eliminated surely from this competition now unless the 2nd team can get through to face the big guns in the quarters.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Just hit the middle of the net, thats the best penalties with a goaltender going early every time.

Eliminated surely from this competition now unless the 2nd team can get through to face the big guns in the quarters.
Rather they concentrated on getting into the CL to be honest.

MUW4Eva

Shame to get beat today, even if it was on pens, but it isn't overall anything to worry about.

In the wider picture, squad/rotation players got minutes in the bag, Parris got a very good goal, and Baggers made some very good saves.

Brighton, and getting Champions League football is always our first priority this season, so not overly concerned about today.