WSL Cup: Liverpool Women v United Women | United win 0-1

MiceOnMeth

That was great! Throrougly enjoyed That. Do you think they'll show any league games on TV?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
That was great! Throrougly enjoyed That. Do you think they'll show any league games on TV?
I hope they will. Will be looking out for their fixtures. They are really good to watch.

Andersons Dietician

That was good, I actually might check out the Scottish ladies team because Arnot and Hanson looked good and so did that number 10 for Pool when she could get on the ball.

That James, the 16 yr old. She has a bit of the Pogba about her, casually sort of strolling around then activated as soon as the ball was in her area. She doesn’t look all that athletic but then boom, she is striding away from people or just holding them off, she looks quite special.

Also beating Pool 1-0, what a result.

Denis79

That was good, I actually might check out the Scottish ladies team because Arnot and Hanson looked good and so did that number 10 for Pool when she could get on the ball.

That James, the 16 yr old. She has a bit of the Pogba about her,
casually sort of strolling around then activated as soon as the ball was in her area. She doesn’t look all that athletic but then boom, she is striding away from people or just holding them off, she looks quite special.

Yeah she was fantastic, Miller was very good aswell? Man I suck at remembering names..

RedPamie

Yeah she was fantastic, Miller was very good aswell? Man I suck at remembering names..
Millie Turner? The CB?

What a win. (Then switching to United men's :wenger:. Lukaku game on!)

Overall good performance by United. Defence is a bit worry but actually it's understandable because it's a first match.
Greenwood, Arnot, James, and Hanson early on we're good. Sigsworth (striker) I can see she's a threat inside the box.

And what a save by Chamberlain in the second half, also we're a bit lucky when the ball hit the post but didn't get in.

Good win and good start. :devil:

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth

That James, the 16 yr old. She has a bit of the Pogba about her, casually sort of strolling around then activated as soon as the ball was in her area. She doesn’t look all that athletic but then boom, she is striding away from people or just holding them off, she looks quite special.

A lot of their games are live on BBC Alba. The qualifiers are anyway.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
that's the last time we'l beat Liverpool this season. these girls/women know what it means to wear the shirt. can't say that about some in the men's squad

Denis79

Millie Turner? The CB?

What a win. (Then switching to United men's :wenger:. Lukaku game on!)

Overall good performance by United. Defence is a bit worry but actually it's understandable because it's a first match.
Greenwood, Arnot, James, and Hanson early on we're good. Sigsworth (striker) I can see she's a threat inside the box.

And what a save by Chamberlain in the second half, also we're a bit lucky when the ball hit the post but didn't get in.

Good win and good start. :devil:
Yeah the CB, fantastic display of positioning and maturity.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Absolutely amazing result. Well done to the team.

Ottawa MLS Fan

Casey Stoney to replace Jose?

Only kidding (but I might not be by the end of the season).

RedPamie

Only 829 people in attendance according to BBC and this
https://www.ourgamemag.com/2018/08/...ster-united-fails-to-capture-the-imagination/

Most disappointing of all was Manchester United’s lack of updates themselves after promoting their team so well with a well-polished and shiny announcement video and the creation of a dedicated Twitter account now followed by more than 30,000 people.

The coverage amounted to team news, a few pictures from the warm-up, a halftime tweet and a full-time match report. No updates, no tweet to announce Lizzie Arnot had just scored the club’s first goal as a professional club in the 83rd minute away at their big rivals Liverpool.
Although I read in twitter that United were actively looking for women's social media personnel last month... Maybe not yet in office?

RedDevilRoshi

Great result. Arnott is someone I watched at Hibs ladies as the Hibees are my local team up here. She was a fantastic player for Hibs ladies. An absolute goal machine and I wasn’t suprised when Utd came in for her.

Having said that, I really enjoyed the game. These women played the way I wish the men’s team would play like. They knew what it meant when they put on that shirt.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Only 829 people in attendance according to BBC and this
https://www.ourgamemag.com/2018/08/...ster-united-fails-to-capture-the-imagination/

Although I read in twitter that United were actively looking for women's social media personnel last month... Maybe not yet in office?
I agree with him. There's something deeply amateurish about the whole FA setup for a start - which is ironic given that their rule changes that are supposed to be driving the game towards professionalism have led to administrative relegation for some women's teams. Very little information on their website and it doesn't even seem like that's because it's all being handled directly with clubs and an unreceptive media.

BTSport actually managed to post more match updates than United did, which is a bit of a let down. United have understandably jumped on unofficial accounts, but haven't yet provided a reasonable source themselves.

On the attendance figures - there's a huge chicken and eggs thing there. Neither Liverpool nor the FA did any promotion for it. The ticketing website links didn't work until a couple of days before the match, nor did they make it obvious what the pay at the gate options were. The timing was poor - 2pm on a Sunday when there are relevant matches on Sky and the game itself was televised - even I didn't go, and I was actually looking forward to it, until the details came out.

That said, with attendances in the hundreds it's bound to be hard to get the FA or the clubs to invest in ticketing or promotion. Only a few clubs regularly get 1000+ and with the low ticket prices (and lots of clubs give free tickets to season ticket holders and sometimes even just to members - so most clubs' prices are lower than United's) the game has an awful long way to go. Fortunately, right now, I'd say the football is better than the organisational structure backing it up, which is OK from my perspective as a watcher.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
that's the last time we'l beat Liverpool this season. these girls/women know what it means to wear the shirt. can't say that about some in the men's squad
It's also great that big chunk of these wonderful and honorable women are from Liverpool but this is exactly why United have Stoney for. Convince rival players to play for a bigger club.

Sir Alex secured couple of titles with that stance on the market because he simply knew it was necessary to become stronger not only for just one season. Really looking forward to building this team further because it's clearly just a beginning.

Grande

Great result. Arnott is someone I watched at Hibs ladies as the Hibees are my local team up here. She was a fantastic player for Hibs ladies. An absolute goal machine and I wasn’t suprised when Utd came in for her.

Having said that, I really enjoyed the game. These women played the way I wish the men’s team would play like. They knew what it meant when they put on that shirt.
The United Way isn’t mere conjecture, it seems ...

Doesn’t Kirsty Smith also come from Hibs?

RedPamie

The highlights on mutv is 30mins or so. Worth watching in my opinion if you have access.

redmanx

Yes, congratulations to the Ladies for a fine win and for giving all Manchester United supporters a boost!

abdul jabbar

When this cup biz is finished,we can concentrate on the league game vs Villa.It is our time,we going to win the league! Glad we won't be missing any player to the Nordic Tournament(Aug 29th-Sept 3) Zelem,M.Turner and Toone selected. Devlin(my fav) come in for five minutes vs L'pool but should have been in that squad,along with Siggy(23 yrs old) who is maybe just have out-grown the England U23's.

RedDevilRoshi

The United Way isn’t mere conjecture, it seems ...

Doesn’t Kirsty Smith also come from Hibs?
Yes Kirsty also came from Hibs. The Hibs Ladies team have got an exceptional pool of players that are coming through the ranks.