WSL1 19/20 | Brighton v United | Wed 12 Feb

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
We should be back in action tonight down on the south coast. We've beaten them twice so far this season, but we've been struggling a bit since Christmas. Despite postponements and the wobble in our form, we're still fourth, so tonight is about keeping us on track.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
A perfect time to watch our match on MUTV now that it’s not played (or postponed from) on the same day as the men’s team play. Wait what, they’re not showing it live on MUTV? Again? Not sure I want to keep on subscribing after the pre season tour.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Now FA Player exists MUTV seem to have a deal that lets them air the home games live, alongside FA Player (so not when they're on BT) but doesn't cover the aways, even when they've been FA Player only. They've got the full 90 minutes on at 10:15 though. It's weird but I've started to think of it as just another weird WSL/FA thing rather than a specifically MUTV one.

Meanwhile, for those who can get it - FAPlayer is free, and available in most countries, but needs registration https://faplayer.thefa.com/home/womens-super-league

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Disaster start from Brighton, great one for us. Lauren James cross diverted in of the post and we're 0-1 up.
Fantastic! Just a need a few more..

Jazz

Now FA Player exists MUTV seem to have a deal that lets them air the home games live, alongside FA Player (so not when they're on BT) but doesn't cover the aways, even when they've been FA Player only. They've got the full 90 minutes on at 10:15 though. It's weird but I've started to think of it as just another weird WSL/FA thing rather than a specifically MUTV one.

Meanwhile, for those who can get it - FAPlayer is free, and available in most countries, but needs registration https://faplayer.thefa.com/home/womens-super-league
Thanks! I've signed up.

No sound at the moment, haven't got a clue what I haven't done.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Different formation today - James and Ross seem to be paying wide with Toone and Groenen more central. It's just not really clicking at the moment. A few passes then a fumble usually.

Not many chances either way, still 0-1

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Brighton equalise. They've been putting some pressure on us for the past few minutes and the defence/midfield haven't really been looking that comfortable when pressed. 1-1
We're in injury time of the first half.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Another game where we're looking just a bit too sloppy in defence, a bit too imprecise in attack.

Play stopped at the moment with a Brighton player injured.

Sigsworth has just come on for Toone, but that's not because Toone's been particularly worse than the others.

Jazz

Could be my connection but struggling with the FA player. Though it doesn't look like we're likely to win this match.

Jazz

Wow Brighton had a real chance there!:nervous:

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Could be my connection but struggling with the FA player. Though it doesn't look like we're likely to win this match.
I loaded the match from the website on my laptop and Chromecast it to the TV and it's been solid for me. Not the picture quality of Sky or the BBC etc, but not bad - no dropout, stutter, loss of sync etc. That's pretty much been my experience with FA Player previously as well.

Better luck next time maybe?

Jazz

No penalty for us?

Jazz

I loaded the match from the website on my laptop and Chromecast it to the TV and it's been solid for me. Not the picture quality of Sky or the BBC etc, but not bad - no dropout, stutter, loss of sync etc. That's pretty much been my experience with FA Player previously as well.

Better luck next time maybe?
It's stopped cutting out now. Have a feeling it's something on my end.