WSL1 19/20 | United women v Spurs | Sun 19th Jan at 12:00

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Long shot from Spurs forcing a good save out of Earps. She just managed to keep it from going over the line.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Leigh, more or less 0c and foggy - can scarcely see the far corner flags! United have most of the ball, and are creating what look like decent chances, but only the odd shot that's really made the keeper do any work. One good chance for Spurs that was high under the crossbar, and hard for Mary Earps to deal with.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Another chance for Spurs, with the striker breaking away from the defensive line. Earps comes out and forces the player wide who then hits the post. United have had most of the ball, but it's not all attack vs defence.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Ella Toone sent off at the end after a scrap with the Spurs players. Percival for Spurs only got a yellow.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
I'm going to have to look at the penalty and the red card on video - I really don't know what happened with those two decisions.

A good win for us, though we did get a couple of warnings from Spurs - defensive lapses that a more ruthless team could use, Spurs only had one shot on target but hit the woodwork twice.

Lightbringer

I'm going to have to look at the penalty and the red card on video - I really don't know what happened with those two decisions.

A good win for us, though we did get a couple of warnings from Spurs - defensive lapses that a more ruthless team could use, Spurs only had one shot on target but hit the woodwork twice.
Have you had a look at the red card for Toone? I saw it on MUTV and as far I saw they did not catch the incident. Is Toone suspended vs City now in the FA Cup? Very important win for the standings. If we finish 4th, do we get to play qualy round for europe?

Last edited:

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Have you had a look at the red card for Toone? I saw it on MUTV and as far I saw they did not catch the incident. Is the suspended vs City now in the FA Cup? Very important win for the standings. If we finish 4th, do we get to play qualy round for europe?
I've not had chance to look for the highlights yet, but I'll try the FA Player to see if they captured the incident. There may be no footage though - the ball had already gone and it's not multi-camera coverage.

The CL rules change for 21/22 season I think. After they make the change, England will have three teams in the CL - so breaking into the top three will be one of next season's big challenges.

With the extra investment that's going into Chelsea and Arsenal it's going to be tough. If you look at our squad, we don't have the starting England internationals like City, nor the big international names that Chelsea and Arsenal have recruited.