SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It's horrific and they always seem to forget that COVID, in of itself is damaging to the heart etc. Brutal illness.
Absolutely. One also needs to look at the death rate before and after vaccines were introduced. It’s night and day.
I am sure that there will have been a group of people adversely affected by vaccines, it was new to the market so always had that risk. Likewise I sure that there are another group who blame the vaccine but most likely had damage caused by Covid or something else.
at the end of the day governments were really damned if they did or damned if they didn’t on this issue

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I remember really liking his videos at the start - they were very simple and informative at an hysterical time. Around 6 months after the vaccines he went totally mad - you could always sense he an undertone from him - very anti-EU etc but it was well hidden for a while.
Yeah, he was a good teacher. I think that might have been his day job? He was a nurse who was involved in CPD, I think? His descent into madness was grimly fascinating. I put it down to the classic interplay between online grifters and their followers with more clicks and traction the more extreme their views but good point about him being an anti EU brexiteer beneath it all. That must had added fuel to the fire.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Yeah, he was a good teacher. I think that might have been his day job? He was a nurse who was involved in CPD, I think? His descent into madness was grimly fascinating. I put it down to the classic interplay between online grifters and their followers with more clicks and traction the more extreme their views but good point about him being an anti EU brexiteer beneath it all. That must had added fuel to the fire.
Likely the algorithm trapping people into an ever-descending info spiral of stuff that just triggers confirmation bias.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

Absolutely. One also needs to look at the death rate before and after vaccines were introduced. It’s night and day.
I am sure that there will have been a group of people adversely affected by vaccines, it was new to the market so always had that risk. Likewise I sure that there are another group who blame the vaccine but most likely had damage caused by Covid or something else.
at the end of the day governments were really damned if they did or damned if they didn’t on this issue
Yeah, since I got CV19 in Mar 22, the entire year was a write-off, I've never felt anything like it and was at times stuck in bed, convinced I was dying/having a heart attack. A brutal feeling and I still feel shit/can't exercise.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

Sorry to hear that. What’s your quack done, or said?
Erm, nothing.

I collapsed with chest pains in a mall about three weeks post-COVID Covid and they took me to a local hospital, ECG's fine, blood pressure high. Then it happened again, and again and again. Just feeling the weirdest feelings, almost like falling, like internal the pressure is dropping and I'm almost slipping away. Very scary.

Booked me in for CT scan, heart x-ray, echocardiogram, adominable scan etc, showed nothing, calcium score zero, did barium swallow as well. Only thing was hypertension/high BP.

Nothing else was given except "long-covid", no blood clots etc. Took 7 months but then started feeling better but in reality I can't exercise as I feel really weird, just fecking odd when I elevate my heart rate. 2023 was much better but I can't really exert myself and my BP is still high.

Sorry for the diatribe :lol:

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Plenty of "light" reading here on Cell Press and here on The Lancet but I'm n

Disclaimer: I work for the publisher of these journals but I'm not biased, mainly because it's mostly Double-Dutch to me :smirk:

decorativeed

It still amazes me that people will point at excess mortality rates after a global pandemic of a potentially deadly illness that infected a billion people and think that the killer is the vaccine.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
It still amazes me that people will point at excess mortality rates after a global pandemic of a potentially deadly illness that infected a billion people and think that the killer is the vaccine.
Andrew Wakefield has a lot to answer for, his MMR stuff is what brought vaccine craziness to the masses attention

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
A friend who we hadn't seen for a while as they were back in the UK has had long COVID since the early days of the pandemic. It likely caused him to have a heart attack last year and now he has persistent tiredness, balance problems, tinnitus and various other symptoms. It is easy to forget that the few and rare side effects of vaccines are far less common or severe than from actually getting long covid from an infection.

MDFC Manager

A friend who we hadn't seen for a while as they were back in the UK has had long COVID since the early days of the pandemic. It likely caused him to have a heart attack last year and now he has persistent tiredness, balance problems, tinnitus and various other symptoms. It is easy to forget that the few and rare side effects of vaccines are far less common or severe than from actually getting long covid from an infection.
Is your friend @Murder on Zidane's Floor ?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
That seems a bit of a stretch?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I’m sure you could find similar links between the covid vaccine and cardiac disorders. I’d still argue that if someone has an MI there’s an excellent chance that was in the post regardless. It takes years and years to build up coronary plaques.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I’m sure you could find similar links between the covid vaccine and cardiac disorders. I’d still argue that if someone has an MI there’s an excellent chance that was in the post regardless. It takes years and years to build up coronary plaques.
But it does seem that it can accelerate things significantly in some cases.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Not always, I have a rogue gene (one of the Lama family) that causes plaque buildup. Despite having a quadruple bypass a few years ago I have 2 blocked again.