SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

Foxbatt

Honestly you don't need to cycle or run on the road to exercise. This is not for ever. There is a Royal Marine Commando 7 sets of exercises you can do inside a room. So all this talk of exercising on the road etc is not absolutely required in these kinds of situations.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Has anything been sorted for the self employed yet?

People are still misinterpreting whats been said I think. Basically essential work only is now allowed. Doesn't matter if you can work from home or not.

It's going to be a nightmare for people.
They've shut down non-essential stores but the same rules apply to everything outside of retail: work from home unless unless you can't. There will still be millions of people going to work.

Deery

Dreary
I for one am quite happy about it maybe we can save a lot of lives now, this is what they meant about drip feeding

0le

Honestly you don't need to cycle or run on the road to exercise. This is not for ever. There is a Royal Marine Commando 7 sets of exercises you can do inside a room. So all this talk of exercising on the road etc is not absolutely required in these kinds of situations.
Really glad someone mentioned this. Having lots of excercise is good, but the minimum you really need is a short amount each day which can be done at home. Too many people think excercise means you MUST go to the gym or you MUST run. These are good activities but aren't the only way to keep active.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Why are you suggesting that commenting on measures introduced by the government is "politicising" the pandemic?

I never claimed to be an expert. Would retracting my initial statement of "weeks" and saying that these measures are one week too late be any better for you? I suspect not and yet it's me that's apparently being political... :rolleyes:
Yes. Saying a week would' ve made a difference (imo) and I'd maybe have agreed.

See. Some people haven't got agendas just opinions.

Walters_19_MuFc

I said exercise for CHILDREN and walking of dogs. And I stand by it.

In fact, I think there's a good chance that it'll be the next 'idea' that gets implemented.
It's not a necessity that children have to exercise outside. Walking of dogs I agree with, though.

Unless you're Boris himself, I can't see how set times be a good idea due to the said reasons above.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
'Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an ‘essential service’ so that he can keep his stores open.'

:rolleyes:
Genuinely thought this was you taking the piss. Then saw it on Twitter.

What a piece of shit. He should be prosecuted for manslaughter.

The Purley King

My Missus and kids did joe wicks this morning at 0900. he’ll be there same time every morning on YouTube.
So yeah you can do that in the front room............ my wife was struggling rest of the day so I think it’ll work you out!

Neo_Mufc

Feels like more like a pre lockdown. I don't think people are going to obey this.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

"You like meat? You got got fish."
"Maybe some people shop at Waitrose. We shop at Asda. I don't complain. This is reality. But I cannot hide my feeling, I cannot lie. Our shopping will have problems. If it's not possible, is not possible. There's nobody to blame. And with the difficulties in the market, was very difficult. If not possible we keep working with what we have. But our shopping will have problems."

TheReligion

Abusive
They've shut down non-essential stores but the same rules apply to everything outside of retail: work from home unless unless you can't. There will still be millions of people going to work.
That's not how I understood it. I think it will be clarified as what is essential and absolutely necessary won't just be because you can't work from home.

NYAS

Genuinely thought this was you taking the piss. Then saw it on Twitter.

What a piece of shit. He should be prosecuted for manslaughter.
Surely it’s not up to owners of business to “declare” whether their businesses are essential or not?

Neo_Mufc

Question.

I have a surgical mask that was given to me at the hospital on Friday.

It's in my coat pocket but am I allowed to re-use it ? In terms of can you only use them once, or they might have germs on them therefore it should be in the bin.

Thanks.

TheReligion

Abusive
Surely it’s not up to owners of business to “declare” whether their businesses are essential or not?
It won't be. I think it will all be clarified in coming day or so. It's ambiguous at the moment as the legislation has not fully passed and been enacted.

NYAS

Have the government given any guidance on the subject?
Not sure, but they really need to, going by how confused everyone is.

They should come out and legally define what “essential work” is instead of pussyfooting around the subject. It’s really a bit weird why they don’t just clarify it.

spiriticon

Spain has 539 deaths today. It is the new Italy.

France also having a lot in critical care. Looks to be the new Spain.

F-Red

Question.

I have a surgical mask that was given to me at the hospital on Friday.

It's in my coat pocket but am I allowed to re-use it ? In terms of can you only use them once, or they might have germs on them therefore it should be in the bin.

Thanks.
Throw it away, you have no clue what you've been given at hospital in terms of airborne virus'. I would also wash your coat to be on the safe side.