SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The only utility of him getting it is if it ends up hospitalizing him or killing him. If he tests positive and doesn't get sick it will only help his "cause".
Yeah I wouldn't wish death on anyone but him getting some severe grade fever and breathing difficulties might snap him into doing something about this.

Paxi

That video from Spain is actually horrific.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I just despise media over this, they are enjoying the panic and spreading bad news, aren't they?

We just had more than 10 minute piece on our news about our students and young basketball team returning from Italy in isolated plane, showing their plan, filming them before the check in, after check in, after they arrived, place whey will be isolated, etc.. Airport is totally closed for just 2 fecking days, we had it running on low capacity for about 10 days, around 5 planes coming daily but still coming with many passengers from infected areas just few days ago and no one cared, and now all of a suden it's completely different situation and they have a special piece on it. I fecking despise these idiots.

We have been isolated for 12 days now or so because our daughter had symptoms (high fever, dry cough).

Shes fine for a few days, except for a runny noise, but now i start feeling sick too.
I wonder if we have to isolate for another 14 days if i really get sick now?
Would have been 28 days straight then, just imagine my missus gets sick in 10 days too... ?! :lol:
Yeah, I would say that's the safest option.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Very likely that the Belgian lockdown will be extended until 3 May - announcement imminent apparently.

The parties once this will all be over are going to be ridiculous. Not sure that's a good thing.
I don't know if I'll be there to witness it, but there'll be a new public holiday to honour whoever it is who comes up with a cure. This person would be revered the world over.

Smores

We have been isolated for 12 days now or so because our daughter had symptoms (high fever, dry cough).

Shes fine for a few days, except for a runny noise, but now i start feeling sick too.
I wonder if we have to isolate for another 14 days if i really get sick now?
Would have been 28 days straight then, just imagine my missus gets sick in 10 days too... ?! :lol:
Under the UK advice its maximum 21 days as a household i think. You'd have to isolate for 7 days now since you have symptoms but if your wife felt fine in a few days i don't think she's obliged to self-isolate.

Better safe than sorry though i guess.

bonothom

I've noticed throughout UK figures that it's around 9% of cases that test positive. So there's probably around 9% of the population that have had it or have got it. That's around 6 million people.

Flying high

Gove didn't look quite so wired today.

On an unrelated matter, I wonder how the lockdown is affecting the supply of drugs into the country.

massi83

I've noticed throughout UK figures that it's around 9% of cases that test positive. So there's probably around 9% of the population that have had it or have got it. That's around 6 million people.
:lol: You do realise they are testing people with symptoms and people in contact with infected. Not random sampling.

fergosaurus

Was in a chemist earlier to pick up a prescription. People were queuing outside a few metres apart and being brought in on a one in, one out schedule. All staff inside were wearing masks and latex gloves, however one of the till assistants kept fiddling about with her mask and at one point it was around her neck exposing her mouth and nose. She then exchanged money with a customer and touched her face again. Then the pharmacist came from behind the counter to give someone their prescription and preceded to have a chat from about a metre apart for 20-30 seconds. They did look stressed and overworked to be fair but it worried me how a couple of them were behaving.

TheReligion

Abusive
So just finished work and I'm fuming. Why is it people can't just listen and stay inside unless it's essential? Selfish, selfish cnuts. People need to start getting a grip of people in their circle and shaming them with this. The amount of people just sat in the sun or aimlessly wandering about is staggering. The roads are still being used.

The UK really needs a tight lockdown as it seems some people are just too thick to get it.

Paxi

So just finished work and I'm fuming. Why is it people can't just listen and stay inside unless it's essential? Selfish, selfish cnuts. People need to start getting a grip of people in their circle and shaming them with this. The amount of people just sat in the sun or aimlessly wandering about is staggering. The roads are still being used.

The UK really needs a tight lockdown as it seems some people are just too thick to get it.
Can you not hand down fines?

Deery

Dreary
Was at Marks and Spencer’s just now, queues right round the corner 2m apart everyone pissed off waiting and this grade A prick comes walking out the shop with one pizza, just one!

I mean if you’re going to go shopping get at least a weeks groceries a once..

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

You should see our confinement here, it would make you blow a gasket but at the same time I understand that some countries (3rd world countries) and confinement is a sad utopia. When I see the death tolls in some countries with better health systems and better confinement, I'm mentally preparing for the death of many people I know, families and friends, mine possibly too of course.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Was at Marks and Spencer’s just now, queues right round the corner 2m apart everyone pissed off waiting and this grade A prick comes walking out the shop with one pizza, just one!

well at least he left pizzas for everyone else, quite considerate I would say.

Fully Fledged

We’re supposed to be staying at home he will probably be in again tomorrow as well think it’s very inconsiderate
He's been told he can shop once a day, that's government guidelines. I pulled up on the car park of my local Asda and gave up when I saw the length of the queues.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

I haven't been to the grocery store in two weeks. I went today and had a cart full. One older fellow walked by me while I was waiting in line to check out and said "holy shit". I smiled.

TheReligion

Abusive
Can you not hand down fines?
Yeah of course but if today is anything to go by then we'd be doing nothing but that all day and there's far too many other things going on to dedicate everything to it. Today for instance a colleague suffered a compound fracture to his arm as someone resisted arrest for another matter and another customer was arrested and charged for assaulting an emergency worker by coughing in their face and telling the officer they were carrying the virus. That's in one small part of the city for a few hours.

TheReligion

Abusive
You should see our confinement here, it would make you blow a gasket but at the same time I understand that some countries (3rd world countries) and confinement is a sad utopia. When I see the death tolls in some countries with better health systems and better confinement, I'm mentally preparing for the death of many people I know, families and friends, mine possibly too of course.
How is it where you are? You'll be okay mate. Vent on here.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Yeah of course but if today is anything to go by then we'd be doing nothing but that all day and there's far too many other things going on to dedicate everything to it. Today for instance a colleague suffered a compound fracture to his arm as someone resisted arrest for another matter and another customer was arrested and charged for assaulting an emergency worker by coughing in their face and telling the officer they were carrying the virus. That's in one small part of the city for a few hours.
Such wonderful people. I'd say you should bust their heads but they'd take up much needed hospital beds.

Deery

Dreary
I haven't been to the grocery store in two weeks. I went today and had a cart full. One older fellow walked by me while I was waiting in line to check out and said "holy shit". I smiled.
I hadn’t been since Sunday big change now with social isolating.
He's been told he can shop once a day, that's government guidelines. I pulled up on the car park of my local Asda and gave up when I saw the length of the queues.
That’s what pissed me off the most the queues..

Carolina Red

Staff
My wife has another Covid patient. Mid 40s, highly active, no previous health issues... he's on a ventilator. They've already turned an entire small hospital into a Covid ward and now they're turning every room in her ICU and every room in the Medical-Surgical wing next to it into negative pressure rooms. They're down to their last 4 ventilators in the whole hospital.

The last thing she text me was "I'm legitimately scared".

This is a woman who has worked in trauma and ICU wards her entire career. She's seen shit. If she's scared, then it's bad.

Paxi

feck sake. I don't know how you keep it together when you come across 'people' like that.
And do you not think that a 30 quid find is a joke of a fine. Hand down £1000 on the spot would work better imo?