WWC19 | Final: USA v Netherlands

Ainu

It's all happening on set-pieces here. Italy offer absolutely nothing and keep giving away free-kicks, what do you expect?

Grande

Netherlands doing just enough again. Italy not able to do another game of game raising which is a shame. Not much of a match that one.
I thought that after a toothless first half, Netherlands did more than enough in the secound half. Good play, chances, crossbars, and two goals. Italy impressed until the first goal, but then it was over.

Denis79

Anyone thinking this is anything other than a win to Germany?
Sweden are dangerous on the counter but Germany should win as long as they take their chances, they'll dominate the game fof sure.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
I can accept waiting for the offside call on close decisions, but don't let the flag down on every offside please.

Lyricist

Germany left back fell asleep for Sweden’s goal and is making the wrong decision offensively half the time. That said she sees a lot of the ball, but it’s not been her evening.

Lightbringer

Germany is playing terrible, scared and not organised at all. They are in absolute shambles. Sweden deserve to win this no doubt. I have never seen a german side play without urgency like this.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
What was the alleged foul? Bit earlier in the play than the replay showed I guess?
Think it was in the build up,I would presume it was how they got the ball in the first place, but as the commentators said the German's still had plenty of time after that to defend properly.

Lightbringer

What was the alleged foul? Bit earlier in the play than the replay showed I guess?
It was a clear cut foul, Germany should have had a free kick no question. But they still defended poorly as they have done the entire game.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Sweden cutting through the defence again, they look so fast on the break. Germany have had to scramble a few times.

Ouch, that looked like a painful one for the German forward. Was it offside before the possible penalty?

manutddjw

The German girl that just headed over now. Does anyone else think she kind of looks like Rooney?

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
So England v USA and Netherlands v Sweden. What were the odds of that lineup!

Netherlands and Sweden also qualify for the Olympics, England qualified for the Olympics on behalf of GB (even though Scotland objected :wenger:)

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Really enjoyed that game. That was probably the best of the quarter finals for me.

Didn’t hurt that I won £190 mind.