WWC19 | Final: USA v Netherlands

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Good end from the Dutch girls.

Halftime came at the right time for the US there.

Carolina Red

Staff
Been a decent first half. The USA are much better, but while it stays 0-0 you feel like the dutch could get something on the counter
The Dutch are definitely jammy enough to get a goal. Anything can happen with the ball bouncing around in the box like that.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
The Dutch are definitely jammy enough to get a goal. Anything can happen with the ball bouncing around in the box like that.
Seems like they started playing for set pieces toward the end there - which makes sense given what seems to be a fairly notable physical advantage. For the US Morgan despite her dives is playing very well.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
It's actually a bit of an odd feeling watching this game as a semi neutral. Normally your wanting to see goals, but if anything a US goal is the last thing I want to happen. Just have the feeling if that happens, the game as a contest ends and likely my interest as well.

Carolina Red

Staff
Seems like they started playing for set pieces toward the end there - which makes sense given what seems to be a fairly notable physical advantage. For the US Morgan despite her dives is playing very well.
Yeah, they've got a clear height advantage.

Tobin Heath is pound for pound better than anything we've got on the right wing at United.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
USA are so unlikable, it's almost as if it's on purpose. Like they're the Neymar version of the Borg.

starman

What she did in the box was a dive. What happened at the beginning of the game is exactly as I described.

Get over yourself.
Oh, right back at you....

They fact that you say "This is beyond worn out", and then she dives in this game, is hilarious, but irony is lost on yanks..

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
I’m guessing that’s their game plan. Hold tight defensively and try to maximise on their few chances. If it is, then it’s working OK so far, they haven’t conceded in the first half and have created a few good chances for themselves.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I’m guessing that’s their game plan. Hold tight defensively and try to maximise on their few chances. If it is, then it’s working OK so far, they haven’t conceded in the first half and have made a few good chances for themselves.
Van Gaal said they should park the bus if they want to have a chance.

Grande

Sari van Weenendal has played a brilliant tournament, and is also the best player on the pitch so far.

USA creates most against a vulnerable Dutch defense, particularly the full backs struggle.

But the counters are dangerous, and it’s often been a question of the last one or two passes needing some more perfection for the Ditch to come clean through, I think.

Carolina Red

Staff
I’m guessing that’s their game plan. Hold tight defensively and try to maximise on their few chances. If it is, then it’s working OK so far, they haven’t conceded in the first half and have made a few good chances for themselves.
No doubt. They're executing it well so far, with a little help from some great saves by their keeper.

montpelier

I know it’s been said to death, but the standard really is dreadful, isn’t it.

It’s like watching two featherweights having a fight, neither has enough to knock the other one out.
A lot of the games I have seen have been very watchable - and I was a renowned critic 4 years ago, the general standard among the teams that can play is much better.

They can still seem to produce the occasional shocker, though. Basics fall apart a bit, when the pressure is on?

marktan

USA are so unlikable, it's almost as if it's on purpose. Like they're the Neymar version of the Borg.
Alex Morgan in particular, was diving all over the place against England. Part of it is on purpose though, their interviews make it seem like they think arrogance = charisma.

Pentagruel

Pretty good match this far. The US has been the better side as expected but certainly not overwhelmingly so. I suspect they will win if nothing changes but would not be shocked if Holland score one on the counter. Dahlkemper is already on a yellow and there have been several dangerous balls splitting that central defense. Hopefully an entertaining second half.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Yeah, they've got a clear height advantage.

Tobin Heath is pound for pound better than anything we've got on the right wing at United.
Haha I was watching the first half and thinking how nice it would be to have a right winger who plays like her

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
She's slick man. She idolized people like Ronaldinho growing up.
Definitely, Injury prone I think though? But whenever I've seen her play, her first touch and skill is outrageous.

Deery

Dreary
Actually quite like Morgan put money on her to get the winner, but Ertz is my favourite player great midfielder.

Affirmation

It's been a crazy match so far, I still think the USA will eventually push on to win it though Holland have fared well in this match as well.