Xavi | Masterclass | Coaches' Voice

Hoof the ball

Absolutely love listening to these kind of detailed tactical breakdowns. Also, interesting system with 3CB's, 2 DM's, 2 AM's and numerical superiority depending on opposition approach.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
It is obvious that he is a disciple of Pep Guardiola's and Johan Cruyff's ideas. He is even using Cruyff's 3-4-3 system as an example. I would even say that he is a bigger purist than Pep who loves to experiment and mix his ideas with other influences.. It is really interesting to see if Xavi is able to adapt himself to different environments and football cultures as Pep did but mainly for now he looks set up and ready to take over the club that he wants the most - Barcelona.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Odd for a manager with feck all accomplishments in the game to be giving a "masterclass". Will be interesting to see how he gets on when he finally manages Barcelona. People seem to think he suits the job (manager).

Uniquim

Odd for a manager with feck all accomplishments in the game to be giving a "masterclass". Will be interesting to see how he gets on when he finally manages Barcelona. People seem to think he suits the job (manager).
Even if it's a smaller league, he's won 6 trophies with Al-Sadd. They were already good when he took over, but going by some of the clips that were doing the rounds on reddit, they're playing some nice football. Also 66% win percentage, which is nice.

Here's one clip

(sound is a bit loud)

::sonny::

It’s like has to be football

Numerical superiority in every part of the pitch

Triangle positioning for the ball possession

United for example is always in inferiority in every part of the pitch

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Xavi was the fecker who complained that Barcelona lost despite having more possesion.

TeddyBear

'Ole's CL goal was overrated'
Someone please send this clip to Ole and gang.

15 mins philosophy makes so much sense than 3 years of crap showing.

MichaelRed

Don't think this kid has a future in management personally. Not enough talk of pashun, legs, run hard, tackle & block more.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Everyone who has played professionally knows more football than a fan.

Xavi is no different than Pirlo managing Juventus, no different to Ole at United.

If he is good enough he will be good enough and it's hardly to do with an "intelligence" it's how that intelligence is gotten through to a squad of 24 players - that is why its called management or coaching.

MichaelRed

Xavi is no different than Pirlo managing Juventus, no different to Ole at United.

If he is good enough he will be good enough and it's hardly to do with an "intelligence" it's how that intelligence is gotten through to a squad of 24 players - that is why its called management or coaching.
That's just nonsense. Unless you're saying Ole knows more than Nagelsmann? Or how about Brendan Rodgers who just schooled Ole 48 hours ago?

Bebestation

That's just nonsense. Unless you're saying Ole knows more than Nagelsmann? Or how about Brendan Rodgers who just schooled Ole 48 hours ago?
How is that an average fan? I'm talking about how fans are wowed by xavi here when it's because they know little about football in comparison to the professionals in the first place.

Cloud7

Can’t wait for Xavi to come back to European football.

MichaelRed

How is that a fan? I'm talking about how fans are wowed by xavi here when it's because they know little about football in comparison to the professionals in the first place.
They weren't professional footballers. I'm sure they were likely fans. A fan can know more about football than an ex-player. What you're really saying is fans that know less than ex-players know less than ex-players, at which point your statement is so redundant that it doesn't need to be said.

Bebestation

They weren't professional footballers. I'm sure they were likely fans. A fan can know more about football than an ex-player. What you're really saying is fans that know less than ex-players know less than ex-players, at which point your statement is so redundant that it doesn't need to be said.
So Nagelsmann who had a youth career doesn't know anything about football?

He knows more than a fan. Simple.

He wasn't away from football and watching it on TV and talking about it on the Internet on the TV. He was involved in it since 2006.

MichaelRed

So Nagelsmann who had a youth career doesn't know anything about football?

He knows more than a fan. Simple.

He wasn't away from football and watching it on TV and talking about it on the Internet on the TV. He was involved in it since 2006.
Wtf is this nonense you keep returning to? Your original statement was than a fan, then you changed it to 'the average fan' which is completely different. Now you're back to saying he knows more than a fan. Even an ex-pro, even a current manager, can be a fan. Being a fan isn't something exclusive to people that don't play the game so your comment is just stupid. Lots of fans played youth football, which is what you've just used to shift the goalposts and defend Nagelsmann with.

Bebestation

Wtf is this nonense you keep returning to? Your original statement was than a fan, then you changed it to 'the average fan' which is completely different. Now you're back to saying he knows more than a fan. Even an ex-pro, even a current manager, can be a fan. Being a fan isn't something exclusive to people that don't play the game so your comment is just stupid. Lots of fans played youth football, which is what you've just used to shift the goalposts and defend Nagelsmann with.
Again how the feck is nagelsmann a bloody fan or an average fan?

He played for ausberg and coached so many teams before he got to Bayern levels. 14 years he has been involved in football and you are talking like he is fan like you.

Now get lost and shift your own goal posts. Talking like Nagelsmann and Brendan Rodgers are just random people who watch football on TV never had a career that got stopped half way due to injuries so then turned to coaching then turned to good managers :houllier: aka more knowledge thana fan because of their involvementin professional football.

Literally your anger with United and Ole is getting your angry. Poor you. Now get lost. Haha.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's worth mentioning that Nagelsmann and Rodgers aren't the average manager, they are elite manager. Among the top 100 out of thousands of professional coaches in the world. They are definitely more knowledgeable than the average fan but they are also not a representation of the average manager.

MichaelRed

Again how the feck is nagelsmann a bloody fan or an average fan?

He played for ausberg and coached so many teams before he got to Bayern levels. 14 years he has been involved in football and you are talking like he is fan like you.

Now get lost and shift your own goal posts. Talking like Nagelsmann and Brendan Rodgers are just random people who watch football on TV never had a career that got stopped half way due to injuries so then turned to coaching then turned to good managers :houllier: aka more knowledge thana fan because of their involvementin professional football.

Literally your anger with United and Ole is getting your angry. Poor you. Now get lost. Haha.
I can't comprehend your stupidity. It's like saying you can't like tea if you like coffee. You can like both. Just as you can be both a fan and a player or a fan and a manager etc. You keep saying how are they the average fan but your original post that I replied to suggested any fan, you've just now shifted over to saying the 'average' fan. Also Nagelsmann didn't play for Augsberg at a professional level so no, he wasn't a professional footballer.

Edit: Oh btw since I just realised you said a fan like me, I actually played for multiple youth teams, originally at Bradford City & at Manchester United's development centre in Halifax.

Bebestation

I can't comprehend your stupidity. It's like saying you can't like tea if you like coffee. You can like both. Just as you can be both a fan and a player or a fan and a manager etc. You keep saying how are they the average fan but your original post that I replied to suggested any fan, you've just now shifted over to saying the 'average' fan. Also Nagelsmann didn't play for Augsberg at a professional level so no, he wasn't a professional footballer.
So he was youth player for two clubs and then stopped and went in to coaching.

He is more involved in football than you ever was so talking to him would be a wow experience.

The same thing with Steve bloody Bruce.

Stop thinking you know more football than these lot.

If you are involved in football, playing football, coaching football, you know more about it.

It's literally why the pundits have changed from the average person to ex players :houllier: let me guess, a fan would know better. Bull shit. Now this is not interesting to me. You win the conversation. Take care.

MichaelRed

He is more involved in football than you ever was so talking to him would be a wow experience.

If you are involved in football, playing football, coaching football, you know more about it.

It's literally why the pundits have changed from the average person to ex players :houllier: let me guess, a fan would know better. Bull shit. Now this is not interesting to me. You win the conversation. Take care.
Again, I'm not disagreeing that people involved in football have more knowledge of football in general than your average fan but your original comment that I disputed was that simply being an ex-pro means you know more than any fan. I took issue with the idea that you somehow have to have been an ex-pro because we see people like Nagelsmann who was never a pro. I'm not saying Nagelsmann has had no football involvement, just turned up at Bayern after chatting with his mates at the pub & was given the job, just that you're wrong to say you need to be an ex-pro. Stop changing the argument just so you can try and win it. It's embarrassing.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

Following your logic Carlos Alberto Parreria, Saari and Saachi should all have never been given their chance to coach/manage any teams since they're just fans before they stepped into management.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I love all these videos about people pretending football is far more complex than it really is. You need to let the ball do the work and create superior numbers in situations on the pitch. No shit Einstein.

I'll be applauding Xavi when he successfully manages a top level team.

MichaelRed

Following your logic Carlos Alberto Parreria, Saari and Saachi should all have never been given their chance to coach/manage any teams since they're just fans before they stepped into management.
Exactly. Idk why I can't get this message through to him. It's like, sure they're successful household names now but they weren't before they were given the chance to be as they had never been professionals. Oh well, some people.

Oranges038

Should really be doing this on a subutteo table, would make it more entertaining and interesting to see him flicking thie little guys around to move the ball.

Depends on the player and depends on the fan.

Footballers are not usually the sharpest knives in the drawer and even the ones that are, many of them will just blindly repeat what their own managers taught them without understanding what's behind it (see our own manager and the CO92 for that).

On the other hand a fan could well study the game and have a great understanding of it, without having played it themselves.

All you can say is that a professional is more likely to know more than a fan.

Just by the way he played, I'd bet Xavi will be at least decent as a coach. But that's not purely because he was a professional player.

mu4c_20le

He's not talking about Nagelsmann, he's talking about you mate

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I refuse to believe that Jonjo Shelvey can explain football tactics better than the average caftard.

Varun

Staff
Ole's masterclass would be him pushing the red dots faster around the pitch and then saying how passion attitude blah blah beat the blue team.

MichaelRed

Ole's masterclass would be him pushing the red dots faster around the pitch and then saying how passion attitude blah blah beat the blue team.
Probably be folding his arms, crossing his legs, sucking in his lips & making Carrick push red dots around a board.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Actually wonder if Newcastle might consider him, he speaks really good English nowadays and sort of big name that would attract players they want in near future.

Guess he's bound for Barca though at some point in next 6 months.

GlasgowCeltic

Seems too nailed on to become a top manager, reminds me of when Bryan Robson packed it in. Sounds like he's doing well at his current club through.

Henandez14

Supports
World peace
I think some coaches are more suited to underdogs while some are more suited to being the dominant team. Xavi is certainly in the latter class. I Don think this is something often considered when assessing potential coaches

Reactions: Varun