Gaming Xbox Game Pass

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Getting Outriders day one:

Reaction to the news/demo on Era:

Whoa, now I also have to pretend the demo was actually exciting!
Prob for the best. Demo was one of the most off-putting things I’ve played in recent memory so good that it won’t cost people £60 to be bored to tears.
The demo was shite but I might try it to see if its improved at launch.
Glad to try it this way, because what I played of the demo and word of mouth seemed to indicate this game wasnt worth full price.
Well, there it is.

Day 1 then, my mixed impressions from the Demo be damned.
Currently playing the demo and I still don't know if I would continue, even with Game Pass.
It feels incredibly AA with, of course a slight HDR raised black problem, very weird lighting problems specially with hair, low tier facial animations, cutscenes only in 30fps and sometimes weird stutter problems in cutscenes.
And the game itself? Oh boy, it's so much Destiny by look and feel, characters, world, menus, everything. It turns me off just thinking about going deeper into a game like this again.

Graphics, 60fps and the gameplay itself felt good *** despite the technical issues, but it also feels like I've played this game like 15 times already and wouldn't pay a cent for it to continue, which is probably why it ended up in Game Pass.

Still neat for genre fans I think. Will continue to max out the demo and hope it catches me a bit more.
I really hope the only reason PC isn't there is that they couldn't get the Win10 Store version ready on time and will add it in the coming months once it's ready

Personally really did not like the Demo despite being interested in the game beforehand, but a big part of that was the weak starting experience (Back to back jarring cutscenes with shaky cam) and plethora of technical issues (30FPS cutscenes, terrible controls, limited options) most of which can be fixed post-launch at least so I'm willing to try it again
All over this, wasn't really too interested but after sticking with the demo I am actually buzzing for this.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Some effort Damien has gone to there.

Some more reactions that I’m sure Damien would have shared if he’d seen

However, it does sound like it needs polishing. The sheer beauty of game pass though means you don’t have to spend £60+ to find out for yourself if it will be

Bojan11

Getting Outriders day one:

Reaction to the news/demo on Era:
You forgot to post these

Holy shit. Megaton.
Gamepass keeps on delivering.
Holy fecking shit....where are all those people who said Square would never take Xbox’s money.
This is huge and sets a precedent for Gamepass that games can launch there.
Damn, game pass stays winning.
wooooooooooooooo
Nice one.

Thanks for saving me money Game Pass.

Is this the new normal for Xbox until their own studios release enough games on their own?

Mass Effect and Resident Evil 8 next please.
I do enjoy being a game pass subscriber
I was going to totally get this with the stimmy money, but now.... I tell ya, love me some Game Pass. Crazy this is day one!
Awesome. I was trying to gather MS points to take the edge of the purchase. Game Pass for the win!
Good for them, I really enjoyed the demo on PS5
Ok, this is quite impressive. Now I will definitely play it.
Gamepass is life!
Huggss Game Pass
That is on the first page of the thread...

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Some effort Damien has gone to there.

Some more reactions that I’m sure Damien would have shared if he’d seen

However, it does sound like it needs polishing. The sheer beauty of game pass though means you don’t have to spend £60+ to find out for yourself if it will be
Yep, it did look interesting when I first seen it a couple weeks ago but kept hearing bad things. Likely those enjoying it have been there from the start and have clouded judgement though.

Like you said though, being on game pass means you don't need to spunk £60 on it to find out. I'll probably give it a go at some point.

Mind, some of them posts look like Xbox fanboys pretending to ps players to say how awesome Xbox is :lol: like those deluded Liverpool guys on RAWK who pretend to support utd but then go on to say how amazing Liverpool is and how much United suck.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Mind, some of them posts look like Xbox fanboys pretending to ps players to say how awesome Xbox is :lol: like those deluded Liverpool guys on RAWK who pretend to support utd but then go on to say how amazing Liverpool is and how much United suck.
I think that’s actually just the difference between sanity and here

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Destiny had pretty bad reviews on launch and look how that ended up.

Traub

Any recommendations on the best games to play on this?

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I'm hoping Sony really do have something similar to games pass in the pipeline.

Does seem excellent value. My only concern is the long term if any company who has this system eventually keep raising the price once people are fully embedded in the system.

Nickosaur

Been playing skyrim this week :lol: just as addicted as I was when I played it 10 years ago

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Any recommendations on the best games to play on this?
The best thing about it is being able to try games you wouldn’t normally buy, I think.

Ori and the blind forest (then will of the wisps) is the best thing I’ve played in ages.

Have been playing through the Walking Dead, which is more of an interactive story but cool (the first two seasons look very dated now though).

Gonna start Yakuza 0 and Control soon, and meaning to try the Star Wars games. Might get Madden as well soon.

The Medium is on there too. I didn’t really rate it but some on Reddit do.

Shamwow

The best thing about it is being able to try games you wouldn’t normally buy, I think.

Ori and the blind forest (then will of the wisps) is the best thing I’ve played in ages.

Have been playing through the Walking Dead, which is more of an interactive story but cool (the first two seasons look very dated now though).

Gonna start Yakuza 0 and Control soon, and meaning to try the Star Wars games. Might get Madden as well soon.

The Medium is on there too. I didn’t really rate it but some on Reddit do.
Call of the Sea is kind of like The Medium but better in my opinion plus some of the graphics are stunning.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Call of the Sea is kind of like The Medium but better in my opinion plus some of the graphics are stunning.
Are you thinking of a different game to The Medium? I've started Call of the Sea and it's at least presented very differently haha

Traub

Thanks for all the suggestions. Ended up on rocket league which is free anyway :lol:

Shamwow

Are you thinking of a different game to The Medium? I've started Call of the Sea and it's at least presented very differently haha
1st person but it's a slow paced (much less) spooky puzzler with a fair bit of self narration.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Gave outriders a try, performance is awful on the base Xbox one. It's feckin weird though, the worst performing parts are vendor menus, basically unusable. Even loading inventory lags and allsorts. Frame rate drops during fights but that's expected.

I'd reckon it'll run better on the newer Xboxes though, but something seems wrong with it for sure.

Seems like a fun game though. Makes me want to play a looter shooter :drool:

Traub

Gave outriders a try, performance is awful on the base Xbox one. It's feckin weird though, the worst performing parts are vendor menus, basically unusable. Even loading inventory lags and allsorts. Frame rate drops during fights but that's expected.

I'd reckon it'll run better on the newer Xboxes though, but something seems wrong with it for sure.

Seems like a fun game though. Makes me want to play a looter shooter :drool:
Runs smoothly on the Series S. No idea about frame rates etc. as I don’t monitor that stuff, but enjoying it so far.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Runs smoothly on the Series S. No idea about frame rates etc. as I don’t monitor that stuff, but enjoying it so far.
You'd be able to tell the frame rate drops if it was bad, massive drops on base Xbox. Nice that it was gamepass. Suppose gamepass is good to test it games run half decent in base Xbox :lol: time to upgrade I think.

Traub

You'd be able to tell the frame rate drops if it was bad, massive drops on base Xbox. Nice that it was gamepass. Suppose gamepass is good to test it games run half decent in base Xbox :lol: time to upgrade I think.
Do you usually buy games or just use game pass?

ArjenIsM3

So my Game Pass Ultimate subscription ran out a few weeks ago after I upgraded my Live Gold for €1. Bought 36 months of gold, upgraded to GPU by paying for 1 month of GPU. Thought it would use the conversion table this time and I would end up with 1 year of GPU but apparently the trick works even if you have had GPU before and have already used the €1 upgrade offer. Got 36 months of GPU for €135 instead of paying €12.99 a month :lol:

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
So my Game Pass Ultimate subscription ran out a few weeks ago after I upgraded my Live Gold for €1. Bought 36 months of gold, upgraded to GPU by paying for 1 month of GPU. Thought it would use the conversion table this time and I would end up with 1 year of GPU but apparently the trick works even if you have had GPU before and have already used the €1 upgrade offer. Got 36 months of GPU for €135 instead of paying €12.99 a month :lol:
Ya, it’s a great conversion. Done the same thanks to this forum a few months back, have GPU until 2023 for €100ish (bought cheaper XBL codes online)

Dipper

#7 Swiftie
Supports
Liverpool
Pretty crazy value for PC. Playing through Nier:Automata on Game Pass atm. Would have been 30 pounds or so off Steam. Makes me wonder how long before Microsoft up prices.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Pretty crazy value for PC. Playing through Nier:Automata on Game Pass atm. Would have been 30 pounds or so off Steam. Makes me wonder how long before Microsoft up prices.
Don't have an Xbox or Gamepass but just want to say that Neir Automata is incredible. Among my best 5 games of the generation.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
It's pretty obvious they'll up the price once they have enough people addicted to it to the point where it's the 'norm'.

Not shitting on it either as I'm sure it'll still represent great value over buying 2-3 AAA games per year - as in it'll still be cheaper than buying 2-3 full-priced games per year. There's actually stats out there showing that people who own games pass actually spend more on the xbox store than non games pass owners. In that respect, keeping the price of games pass down would make good business sense.

Sony have their work cut out if they want to compete with this long term.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
It's pretty obvious they'll up the price once they have enough people addicted to it to the point where it's the 'norm'.

Not shitting on it either as I'm sure it'll still represent great value over buying 2-3 AAA games per year - as in it'll still be cheaper than buying 2-3 full-priced games per year. There's actually stats out there showing that people who own games pass actually spend more on the xbox store than non games pass owners. In that respect, keeping the price of games pass down would make good business sense.

They don’t want to compete with it.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
My offer of the free week courtesy of my pringles still stands!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

If they up it to the point it no longer seems like a good deal, at a time when people may have played a lot of the games on there, then they’ll undo all the work they’ve done. Hopefully they realise this.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
If they up it to the point it no longer seems like a good deal, at a time when people may have played a lot of the games on there, then they’ll undo all the work they’ve done. Hopefully they realise this.
in its current form it must be losing them a hell of a lot of money. It's definitely not sustainable. I think the model is clearly the "Netflix" model which is get as many people subscribed as possible and then steadily increase prices. They'll probably see it that by the time the prices do keep going up people will be so invested on the games they have there (i.e. if they have loads of Sea of Thieves type games) that they won't want to give it up.

I'd be shocked if, in 4-5 years, prices haven't at least doubled. But by then the library of exclusives and such will probably have doubled too, from zero, to one.

Bojan11

I would happily pay £2000 a month for it because I want to keep winning.

E DREJTA E AUTORIT © NGA BOJAN.