Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

DavelinaJolie

I really couldn't give a toss about the Halo series, I only ever played it so I could have a laugh over MP with mates. I always felt it was clunky, boring and frankly, living int he past.

I really like what I've played of Infinite MP, it's very slick, much more engaging to play and actually fun.

Coxy

Really enjoying the multiplayer myself.

I hardly ever play Big Team Battle - but just loaded one up. I was driving a Warthog - managed to get 2 players on the gun and in the passenger seat. I drove brilliantly to the CTF point. Amazingly there was no enemies guarding it. Passenger jumped out...grabbed the flag... I picked him up... .textbook!

Only to then drive round the corner and drive off the cliff :D

The grapplehook is great fun too.

However... can't wait for the campaign. Halo is the game that got me to buy an Xbox back in 2002. Will drop the multiplayer once I can finally get on the campaign.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
My Eve spectrum (community backed) monitor has finally arrived. Have Halo and Forza 5 downloading now to make the most out of it :drool:

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Yeah the multiplayer is really good. I take it all back.

altodevil

The matchmaking sucks though - been playing big team battle and lost 8 straight.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Its absolutely brilliant. Can't get enough of it.

Heading for diamond rank after finally getting use to mouse and keyboard on Halo (and general)

Best Halo multiplayer in a long time. Since 3 for sure.

altodevil

I don't want exactly to say but... have you thought about getting good?
I've been top 3 of my team each time. Multiple scores and positive k/d ratio. I don't even care about my own performance, I just want fun close games.

altodevil

I think the MMR or whatever they use for social games thinks I can carry more than I actually can. I'm not in my physical prime anymore, it's been nearly 15 years

Alock1

:)

Anyway how big is the download? I'm tempted to give it a bash but I'm on S so my storage space is a worry
25gb on series x, might be a bit less on S.

I think the MMR or whatever they use for social games thinks I can carry more than I actually can. I'm not in my physical prime anymore, it's been nearly 15 years
Yeah not sure what they use. Games are usually close on ranked and at least if not you don't get punished / get a big reward.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
1TB Seagate storage expansion card is down to £185 on Amazon and Very.
Ahhhh. I'm really trying to avoid buying one as it is manageable by getting rid of stuff not really being played, but it's getting more and more difficult, especially with more games that you can keep going back to coming out like Forza, Halo, Flight Sim, Riders Republic, WZ etc. Probably going to be some massive single player games coming out in the next few years too.

fergosaurus

Ahhhh. I'm really trying to avoid buying one as it is manageable by getting rid of stuff not really being played, but it's getting more and more difficult, especially with more games that you can keep going back to coming out like Forza, Halo, Flight Sim, Riders Republic, WZ etc. Probably going to be some massive single player games coming out in the next few years too.
It's very tempting at that price. I've no idea if I'd need one myself but with me being a game pass newbie it would be convenient as I want to try loads of stuff.

Alock1

I reckon it's the best multiplayer shooter on console since Titanfall 1 for me and will probably surpass it longer term. Not including BR games, nothing beats it from recent years. I never played Overwatched aside from the beta but even that was 5 years ago.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

I reckon it's the best multiplayer shooter on console since Titanfall 1 for me and will probably surpass it longer term. Not including BR games, nothing beats it from recent years. I never played Overwatched aside from the beta but even that was 5 years ago.
Yeah I was playing last night and quite enjoyed it. Feels tight and it's not silly fast like a lot of other recent fps games. Balance is good.

I absolutely love the colour scheme/graphics too. Gives me some optimism for the campaign as it seems much more refined than the past 2 halo games.

Shark

@NotShark
Trying to get through a few of the older Halo's before Infinite campaign releases. Was so surprised how well Halo CE holds up today even if you take away the updated visuals the gameplay is fun as feck. Would it be recommended to play them all in order or would I get away with just playing one, two, three and maybe one other?

Bosws87

Would be good to get some BTB games in with @Massive Spanner and @Bosws87 in to see whether they're just rubbish at the game, or simply needed some one to play with to enjoy it.. @altodevil I'm also Platinum so let's hook up.
Sure when i'm not on Apex i occasionally boot up for a hour or so.

Xbox Live name: Seanb21

I take it that's how you add steam players on console anyway.

Bosws87

Trying to get through a few of the older Halo's before Infinite campaign releases. Was so surprised how well Halo CE holds up today even if you take away the updated visuals the gameplay is fun as feck. Would it be recommended to play them all in order or would I get away with just playing one, two, three and maybe one other?
I recently did this i found Halo 2 was the best of them all especially with the updated visuals, i didn't bother with 3 as they haven't updated the visuals since release so it looks worse then the remade 1 and 2.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Ya Halo multiplayer is really fun. Played a few hours today. Pace reminds me of Rogue Company which I played a good bit earlier this year - I think it takes from that side of the family rather than run and gun of CoD and Co.

Alock1

Loads of nice little touches in the campaign from the footage we've seen so far.

Shark

@NotShark
Finally convinced a friend to invest in the Series S, he already has a PS5 and we've been having so much fun with Game Pass coop games. Even the original Gears Of War still holds up really good with FPS boost. Microsoft are killing it this generation with the sheer variety of old and new games landing on the service.

Shark

@NotShark
I recently did this i found Halo 2 was the best of them all especially with the updated visuals, i didn't bother with 3 as they haven't updated the visuals since release so it looks worse then the remade 1 and 2.
Cheers man will do that :)

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
That one was okay but the ad before it was dumb. The way it cut between shots of real people crying about their houses being exploded and burnt down with Master Chef jumping in out of nowheresville to be their saviour looked really silly. It's just not that sort of game so why pretend to be?

/nerd

Conor

Is there a worse zoomer phrase than "hits different"? I'm not sure there is. Maybe "no cap".

Alock1

That one was okay but the ad before it was dumb. The way it cut between shots of real people crying about their houses being exploded and burnt down with Master Chef jumping in out of nowheresville to be their saviour looked really silly. It's just not that sort of game so why pretend to be?

/nerd
I didn't get that bit either when I saw it during the match yesterday on Sky Sports. At first I thought it was a gamepass ad with other games included too, not just a Halo infinite one.

DavelinaJolie

My friend was talking about getting Alien Fireteam yesterday, another friend said "It'll be on game pass soon anyway!"

And so it will be.

I like game pass.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I've been sceptical of the Halo Infinite campaign but the more I hear about it the more excited I get. One thing for sure, 343 have made another great playing game. For all their faults 4/5 play great at 60fps in the MCC and the same is true for this. I don't like Halo MP but no doubt the shooting is good in infinite.