Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Coxy

Preorders are up at 8am according to GAME.

I was planning on going to midnight launch for both consoles, but COVID has put me off. So here’s the places I recommend. ShopTo, they had preorder slots for both consoles so you probably going to be further down their list. They use DPD who tell you what exact time they coming and you can stalk the driver on the app.

Amazon as they probably with GAME will have the most stock. If you have a problem with the console they would replace it as long as it’s within a year of purchase. Argos is the one I want to order from as they have done midnight delivery for Xbox one x and games in the past and I hope they do it for these consoles. I think Amazon have done midnight deliveries too for a few COD games, so would be great if they do it for consoles. There’s a few other places like simply games.
Thanks. Have Smyths announced what time theirs go up do you know?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Again, The Series S is a next-gen machine. It's the One S equivalent from this gen. The Series X is the One X. I don't know why this seems difficult for some.
Yeah, the naming convention for these consoles is absolutely mental.

EwanI Ted

Yeah, the naming convention for these consoles is absolutely mental.
Which one you are getting?
I'm not getting a One, I'm getting a Series.
You're getting a whole series?
Not a whole series, just one X
A One X?

etc etc.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Would be just way too many options from day 1. It would potentially leave the Series S just absolutely pointless, to a degree.

You'd imagine maybe further down the line a 'slimline' style Series X might surface - without a discdrive, especially with PS5's options.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
It's fake. Project Edrinbrough, is apparently real, though, it is not another console. It's supposed to be a streaming stick for XCloud.

For everyone who struggles with the Xbox naming convention. Here we go, MS have two next-gen consoles the Xbox Series S and the Xbox Series X. The S is the cheaper all-digital console.

The Xbox One S and X are this gen consoles. The One X has been discontinued. As far as we know the One S will remain on sale. I hope that cleared it up for you all.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Continuing their weird naming convention with a project name that two folk in this thread have spelled wrong in quick succession. Smrt.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Someone did a test, and it's at least £1200 worth of pc, apparently.
I'd say a £1000 machine would beat it, especially with the 3070 at this price point.
Thing is though, people don't look at the whole picture with a pc.
I could list so many pro's of getting a PC within a budget that can potentially work out cheaper than a console long term

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
This the first time a next-gen console (Series S) is graphically worse than a last gen console (One X)?
Seems like they’re just confusing everyone into submission of buying the most expensive one to make sure there’s any point in buying a new console

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
So MS's next generation console isn't capable of next gen graphics. Thanks.
I know you’re taking the piss but anyway, the textures will be the same but the resolution will be lower. Basically how PC’s work with lower GPU’s.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I can see why the Series S exists, £249 is a great price. But for me, the SSD is way too small and I buy physical games so I can sell them back.

I also think there is a chance that in a couple of years the resolution will drop below 1080p. That will happen if it goes below 4k on Series X.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
It's not that hard :lol:

What xbox have you got?

Xbox One (the kinect one. Base, boring, slow)

One S (sleek, slim, 4k upscaling, 4k blu ray)

One X (4k and One X versions of games) - Series S (slim, 4k upscaling)

Series X (4k, and One X versions of games)