Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bojan11

Surely the Xbox has won the console war? Sony have been slaughtered.
Elvis is bricking it. They took his Elder Scrolls away from him. Bill Gates just this past week arrived at his home to get Oblivion off him. He’s not allowed to play any of them.

Spoony

The People's President
Elvis is bricking it. They took his Elder Scrolls away from him. Bill Gates just this past week arrived at his home to get Oblivion off him. He’s not allowed to play any of them.

Yeah but bizarrely enough they don't like Elder Scrolls now. Or something.

Bojan11

As a result, at a bare minimum, Xbox Series consoles should retain three to four "next-gen" game save states for the sake of Xbox Quick Resume—though, thanks to my back-compat limits, I've been unable to test this claim as of press time.

Instead, I've pushed my tester Xbox Series X console with a mix of XB1, X360, and OGX content to test how many save states I can cram into the console's internal memory before the feature stops working. My average result has been 12 games. Meaning, I can manually load 12 games, then go back in order to reload each of the dozen, and they'll each have a brief "Quick Resume" tag appear on the screen before reappearing in fully playable, middle-of-the-game action within five to 12 seconds.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Eehh?? Sony will still rightly outsell Xbox 3 to 1.
iPhones outsell most phones these days - doesn't mean they are the best.

Console wars make me laugh. I'd be PS5 if my mates were the same - but Xbox Series X it shall be. The blind loyalty is sometimes hilarious.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
200gb for a console OS? What the feck?
More like 130gb really I believe, since 1TB is never really 1TB (right?)? And some no doubt held for Quick Resume which is being called a potential game changer by previously cynical journos. Jumping between 10 BC games within 5-10 seconds must be a drain.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
More like 130gb really I believe, since 1TB is never really 1TB (right?)? And some no doubt held for Quick Resume which is being called a potential game changer by previously cynical journos. Jumping between 10 BC games within 5-10 seconds must be a drain.
It's pretty cool but space is limited on those SSDs! I can see a lot of people just turning off quick resume, no? I rarely play more than 1 or 2 games at a time anyway.

Looks slick though, MS are doing a lot of good things so far this gen.

Castia

200gb for a console OS? What the feck?
Really worried about the series S and its 500gb, it will leave around 300gb for a all digital console which is useless. A expansion would be needed but for £200 you might as well have just got the series X at that point.

Alock1

It's pretty cool but space is limited on those SSDs! I can see a lot of people just turning off quick resume, no? I rarely play more than 1 or 2 games at a time anyway.

Looks slick though, MS are doing a lot of good things so far this gen.
Turn it off and gain what, 50gb? Might aswel keep it I think.

I'll definitely be using it. Games like Ori, Horizon, Tony Hawks I would love to jump into for 5-10 mins but I don't because of the loading.

wr8_utd

:'(
It seems the USB A ports on the back are 3.2 - hopefully that means I can get a fast SSD external drive and cut those transfer times even more. Might be the way to do it!
Wouldn't it just be cheaper to get an internal SSD with a casing and use that? Doubt it'll be any slower than an external SSD either?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
iPhones outsell most phones these days - doesn't mean they are the best.

Console wars make me laugh. I'd be PS5 if my mates were the same - but Xbox Series X it shall be. The blind loyalty is sometimes hilarious.
Also IPhones are better...;)

Alock1

Really enjoyed that.

Interested to see if they can work with more devs to unlock frame rates/res, and whether anything substantial will come from the 4x Res / double FPS features that are being teased at the moment

Bojan11

What is this system level stuff Richard spoke about? Not sure I heard it before
Will watch all the videos posted later after the Arsenal Pool match.

But this was in the article

The fact that Microsoft is talking about 4x resolution multipliers and double frame-rate upgrades says to me that the firm knows there's something special here - and I really want to see these features deployed as broadly as possible. The dream would be to see frame-rate unlocking as a system level feature, just as Auto HDR is.

DavelinaJolie

It is going to be interesting to see what stuff designed for this console can do.

That said, reading the witness thread, I may just re-play that when I get my series X.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Why will Sony outsell Xbox "rightly"? How can anyone know if one console ends up being better than the other, and therefore "deserving" of more sales, before they're even out?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Why will Sony outsell Xbox "rightly"? How can anyone know if one console ends up being better than the other, and therefore "deserving" of more sales, before they're even out?
Specially as Xbox has the best exclusives and is the more powerful console. And has cheaper games.

It's far and away the better choice at this point.

Bojan11

Thank God you are here. Maybe you can talk some sense into Elvis.

There is no better console. It’s all down to personal preference. People want to play on what system their friends own, where they have most their digital library on or what exclusives they like.

You would think some of these ponys have shares at Sony with the way they go on about sales. Xbox is here for the long game chaps. They spent 7 billion on a company just last week and they going nowhere. Some of the people on here would love it for some bizarre reason if Xbox disappeared and that would mean Sony have no direct competition.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Specially as Xbox has the best exclusives and is the more powerful console. And has cheaper games.

It's far and away the better choice at this point.
Yeah it seems a bit weird to be going on about how much better the PS is at the current point in time.

There is no better console. It’s all down to personal preference. People want to play on what system their friends own, where they have most their digital library on or what exclusives they like.

You would think some of these ponys have shares at Sony with the way they go on about sales. Xbox is here for the long game chaps. They spent 7 billion on a company just last week and they going nowhere. Some of the people on here would love it for some bizarre reason if Xbox disappeared and that would mean Sony have no direct competition.
People act like Sony is a small mom and pop store operating out of the kindness of their heart and need to be defended by Microsoft, the big baddie chain business, when in reality both are exactly the same.

And tbh I'm not sure Kim Jong Elvis can be helped I'm afraid.

Bojan11

Yeah it seems a bit weird to be going on about how much better the PS is at the current point in time.

People act like Sony is a small mom and pop store operating out of the kindness of their heart and need to be defended by Microsoft, the big baddie chain business, when in reality both are exactly the same.

And tbh I'm not sure Kim Jong Elvis can be helped I'm afraid.
Yeah. MS acted like total cnuts at the start of this gen. I still remember that Major Nelson interview at start where somebody kept asking him questions about used games, always online and he kept mentioning titanfall. Don Mattrick telling people to stay on 360, if they don’t want to be always online and play used games.

They are less arrogant this generation, but they have to be if they want to get back to how they were during the 360 days. But no doubt if they get successful again they’d get back to being arrogant. Please @VeevaVee don’t turn into Elvis if that happens.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah. MS acted like total cnuts at the start of this gen. I still remember that Major Nelson interview at start where somebody kept asking him questions about used games, always online and he kept mentioning titanfall. Don Mattrick telling people to stay on 360, if they don’t want to be always online and play used games.

They are less arrogant this generation, but they have to be if they want to get back to how they were during the 360 days. But no doubt if they get successful again they’d get back to being arrogant. Please @VeevaVee don’t turn into Elvis if that happens.
I'll only turn in to Elvis against Elvis. It's the right thing to do.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

I'd hate it if MS weren't around. We saw Son'y arrogance with the PS3 and what it led to and we're seeing some very odd decisions with the PS5 because of their dominant position. MS and Xbox are a good thing. Xbox pushing GP and cloud gaming (Along with Amazon now) will also push Sony more towards that which is only good.

Competition is good and outside of winding @VeevaVee the last few months as we wait for the new consoles I've not partaken in fanboyism since the PS3 days (Didn't even follow the PS4/Xbox One launches that closely and I didn't get a PS4 on launch day as I wasn't much into gaming at that point).

I actually have been impressed with what a lot of MS has done, to the point I'm tempted to get an S sooner rather than later (can't really justify the X price to myself yet, unless they release TES6 in the next 6 months in which case I'll cancel my PS5 and get an X instead).

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I genuinely haven't, feel free to prove me wrong. I don't think we conversed in a console thread up until around 6 months ago :)
Can’t wait for people to spend money on a next gen console that isn’t next gen.
So MS's next generation console isn't capable of next gen graphics. Thanks.
So proud of MS holding back their next gen console for those without 4K TVs.
Took 19 minutes. PS5 was sold out in 3 minutes.
Nearly 2 hours after pre-ordering started, Series S still available at lots of retailers.
3 hours after pre-orders opened, Microsoft's next gen console Xbox Series S still available to order from many retailers.
Still no footage
Any gameplay footage from games that aren’t half a decade old?
Any gameplay footage from games that aren’t half a decade old?
Xbox has never won a console war and never will.