Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Could be my phone perhaps but i can't tell the difference between any of those side by side comparisons. The loading times and quick resume look awesome though.
Same to be honest. Bit smoother maybe in places. Bet it’s one of those things where once you get used to it, the lesser is really noticeable though.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
That quick resume feature looks good but I can't imagine ever needing to switch between 5 different games. I only play a max of two games at a time.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
[/QUOTE]
That quick resume feature looks good but I can't imagine ever needing to switch between 5 different games. I only play a max of two games at a time.
Would be great for shared consoles though.

Bojan11

Summary, transferring AC Origins with Series X, minutes:seconds

Internal SSD to external SSD: 4:33

Internal SSD to external HDD: 10:36

External SSD to Internal SSD: 2:18

External HDD to Internal SSD: 7:46

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Same to be honest. Bit smoother maybe in places. Bet it’s one of those things where once you get used to it, the lesser is really noticeable though.
I thought the same thing.

Still 60 FPS lock is always appreciated

Coxy

Would be great for shared consoles though.
Yup this. I only play 1 game at a time - but my daughter plays SIMS or other stuff fairly often - so it will great not to have to wait 3/4 minutes for Wasteland 3 to load!

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I think a good chunk of people who currently think they won't use Quick Resume could end up playing in a completely different way.

Gamepass will give access to games that are suited to quick and short bursts, and so people who wouldn't buy those now, or buy but play in one hit, may download to try and then jump across to them when playing larger longer, 'heavier' games.

Could be games like Rocket League or Tony Hawk's, but also indie platformers or episodic adventure games.

Not saying it will change things for everybody but we have seen similar huge behavioural shifts that come with convenience with phone, tablet, smart TV advances.

Cole9

I pre-ordered both the PS5 and XSX but have now cancelled my PS5 order. Xbox Game Pass seems too good value to miss out on, so I've decided to go with the XSX. There aren't really any exclusive games on either side that interest me until at least next year, so I don't really feel like I'll be missing much by skipping the PS5. I might get one in a few years. Hopefully there will be a less ugly version by then and I can get any exclusives that I've missed on the cheap.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Question - If I purchase a key for an Xbox One game and add it to my Xbox account, will I be able to play it on my new Series S? I do not currently have an Xbox One.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
I just got an email from klarna confirming that my order fecked up, but they are at least removing the credit searches from people's files in 3 weeks. Still a massive feck up.

altodevil

Just got 27 months of Game Pass Ultimate for £91. So around £3.37 a month.

Cracking deal. Considering that will soon include EA pass, in addition to the Xbox library and online gaming.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Just got 27 months of Game Pass Ultimate for £91. So around £3.37 a month.

Cracking deal. Considering that will soon include EA pass, in addition to the Xbox library and online gaming.
I got 36 months doing the same thing last week. I assume you got 2 years of Gold and upgraded for £1?

I don't even own an xbox just have a new one preordered.

altodevil

I got 36 months doing the same thing last week. I assume you got 2 years of Gold and upgraded for £1?

I don't even own an xbox just have a new one preordered.
Yeah exactly the same. Stupidly cheap.

altodevil

Ohhhh how does one do this? That's unreal.
Only works if you haven't had GPU before I believe.

If you haven't - just buy cheap Xbox Live Gold 12 months from somewhere like cd keys. Add it to your account. Then on Xbox.com upgrade to GPU at £1 for a month - all of the gold will be transferred to GPU at a 1 to 1 ratio. One time offer I think.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Ohhhh how does one do this? That's unreal.
I went onto CD keys, and got 3 x 1 Year Gold subs @ €45 each, and then upgraded to Ultimate for €1

€136 for 3 years of game pass and gold. Not bad at all

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Absolutely epic. Used some microsoft rewards points for a few months free, left reoccurring billing on for another free month per redemption. €89 for 2 x 12 month subs. Now I have ultimate until April 2023, €3 a month :lol:

altodevil

Absolutely epic. Used some microsoft rewards points for a few months free, left reoccurring billing on for another free month per redemption. €89 for 2 x 12 month subs. Now I have ultimate until April 2023, €3 a month :lol:
Welcome to the fold :lol:

Woodzy

Mine doesn't run out until June 2022 because of the same method but i'm still desperate to exploit it further :lol:

I'm assuming this won't work on existing subscriptions?

altodevil

Mine doesn't run out until June 2022 because of the same method but i'm still desperate to exploit it further :lol:

I'm assuming this won't work on existing subscriptions?
No but you can convert live/gold to GPU. Think 12 months gold is 4 months GPU. So still potentially cheaper depending where you source it from.

rotherham_red

A question on Game Pass Ultimate; if you have it, does it mean that every new first party title on the Xbox series x will be on there and free to use from the release date? Including the AAA titles? Or am I being dense and reading the product description wrong?

Adamsk7

A question on Game Pass Ultimate; if you have it, does it mean that every new first party title on the Xbox series x will be on there and free to use from the release date? Including the AAA titles? Or am I being dense and reading the product description wrong?
Nope, that’s exactly it. Best deal in gaming

rotherham_red

Nope, that’s exactly it. Best deal in gaming
Wow. That is a steal.

I've already put in a pre order for the PS5, but that All Access deal would be great value on top. It'll probably be something I'll do once the first party titles begin to get released on therez which is still a while away. I'll just consider it an extra mobile phone contract :D

Could play the third party titles and Microsoft exclusives on the XSX and the Sony exclusives on the PS5. Best of both worlds.

AaronRedDevil

Can anybody explain to me why the bloody hell it always says Age of Empires 2 or 3 available in Xbox game pass on Console AND pc. It's annoying since I'd love to to play AOE on console again. It hurts knowing I'll never play those types of games again.

wr8_utd

:'(
If there are any Indian users here for the Xbox, any deals on Gamepass to lock in for the long term before prices, inevitably, go up?

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
If there are any Indian users here for the Xbox, any deals on Gamepass to lock in for the long term before prices, inevitably, go up?
Havent checked Game Pass recently but the Series S is likely to be available for 30K during the upcoming sale on Flipkart and Amazon. You have got the Series S, yeah? In that case, it might not be a bad idea to cancel the pre-order and order it again during the sale.