Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'd agree if you don't have a current gen console already. You can play them all on current gen, so I'd argue that there is no need to upgrade right away, unless you're in (what is definitely a minority) that want to play the game in the 'full phat' experience of 4K and hopefully improved framerates (not happening for ACV it seems at least).

I don't think there's an argument that All-Access is a better deal a year down the line when you can start with Halo and probably get more exclusives in that two year period than if you bought it in November.
I have the og current gen so it's a massive upgrade for me.

There's enough people interested for the X to be selling out though. Agree there's not much point in buying the S for a while, unless it's for a kid that doesn't have current gen.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
This game pass thing - once you have a game downloaded from it does it get removed from your system if it leaves game pass?

Bojan11

This game pass thing - once you have a game downloaded from it does it get removed from your system if it leaves game pass?
No, they give you notice when it’s leaving and the option of buying it with a discount.

altodevil

No, they give you notice when it’s leaving and the option of buying it with a discount.
OK cool.

Considering getting it for when the S gets delivered, as the ultimate option includes Gold multiplayer. So it is really only an extra 3-4 pound a month for the library.

You have to assume a lot of the main title games like Gears and Halo will stay as well.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
@esmufc07 is still bitter because MS have taken his elder scrolls away from him.
To be fair I played Morrowind on PC (Still my favourite), Oblivion on 360 (Got to 150 hours of gameplay before RROD) and Skyrim I played on PS3 though I don't think I ever finished it. So TES isn't a 'playstation' game in my eyes if you know what I mean.

Coxy

OK cool.

Considering getting it for when the S gets delivered, as the ultimate option includes Gold multiplayer. So it is really only an extra 3-4 pound a month for the library.

You have to assume a lot of the main title games like Gears and Halo will stay as well.
Gears and Halo won't leave it - none of the first party stuff will.

Havak

Pokemon master
I have the og current gen so it's a massive upgrade for me.

There's enough people interested for the X to be selling out though. Agree there's not much point in buying the S for a while, unless it's for a kid that doesn't have current gen.
Yeah I guess it's worth it for og Xbox One owners, but I think if you had a One X you'd be fine for another year.

Coxy

Yeah I guess it's worth it for og Xbox One owners, but I think if you had a One X you'd be fine for another year.
I have a One S at the minute - so I'm looking forward to 4K (X) and a snappier system. hopefully Wasteland 3 won't be so slow either!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah probs. Although my mate has a One X and was straight on the Series X preorder. It's fun to get hyped up for something new with shinier graphics.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
wanted to get that monthly subscription thing but seems to be sold out for the s and x on game and the other retailer
I don't think smyths have actually got their pre orders live yet. Game did and it crashed, sounds like there will be more once they get working again too maybe.

Castia

Step son pre ordered a series S, I’m surprised they’re still available tbh I thought the series S would be the one flying off the shelves.

Coxy

Step son pre ordered a series S, I’m surprised they’re still available tbh I thought the series S would be the one flying off the shelves.
I guess the X is more for the hardcore crowd isn't it (so the hardcore will want it early) whereas the S appeals more to the casual audience - who are in no rush etc.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Cheers @Damien. Never thought I'd see a next gen console still available nearly 6 hours after pre-ordering started, but then these are crazy times we are living in.
On Very I got my PS5 at 9am and my mate got his at like 4pm. Figure

Alock1

Smyth Toys and Game still down from the All Access stuff.

I must admit I'm really surprised MS didn't offer that direct or via more retailers since Kaplan are facilitating it.They'd have absolutely cleaned up. I've got loads of mates who can easily afford to pay downright wanting to get All Access.

Maybe it's to keep Game happy? Dunno.

Havak

Pokemon master
Xbox Series SSD Expansion Card price uploaded and removed by Smyths at £159. Probably the real price but could have been a mistake.

altodevil

Not sure I understand buying the all access bundle? How much cheaper does it work out rather than buying the console and game pass seperately?

Alock1

Not sure I understand buying the all access bundle? How much cheaper does it work out rather than buying the console and game pass seperately?
It's like £30 cheaper based on RRP, though if you bought through deals you'd probably get it cheaper shopping around. That isn't the point though - it's that it offers interest free, 2 year payment option. An affordable plan bundling in the expensive device, similar to a phone contract.

People aren't doing it to save money but to make more affordable payments and have it all in one convenient bundle.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Think you save about £20/£30, but don't think the appeal is the saving, more the ability to spread the payments out interest free

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
As frustrating as this is as a PS fan I’d actually be happy if I can pick up an Xbox in say 3-4 years time and have a back catalogue of RPGs to play. Those games are my bread and butter.