Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Spoke to bloke who got the Series X review console about the absence of Series S reviews/testing and he says they are sending them out soon.

Naturally I'm assuming it's because they are a bit underpowered, but latest word on the vine is that they are better than expected and closer to the Series X in performance than they really should be. Time will tell.

Coxy

Spoke to bloke who got the Series X review console about the absence of Series S reviews/testing and he says they are sending them out soon.

Naturally I'm assuming it's because they are a bit underpowered, but latest word on the vine is that they are better than expected and closer to the Series X in performance than they really should be. Time will tell.
Pretty obvious that at launch - it’s hardcore gamers who purchase the consoles - the majority of hardcore gamers will want the X.

evil_geko

Here's your Series X gameplay @esmufc07
This looks amazing, one of the games I am actually looking forward to, an actual survival horror that isn't "walking sim", which is a rarity these days.

And boring? Nah , boring are all the fast paced shooters that are copy paste. As I get older, I love slow immersive and detailed gameplay.

Last edited:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
This looks amazing, one of the games I am actually looking forward to, an actual survival horror that isn't "walking sim", which is a rarity these days.

And boring? Nah , boring are all the fast paced shooters that are copy paste. As I get older, I love slow immersive and detailed gameplay.
I think it looks quite empty, something about it I can't quite put my finger on it though.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Scorn looks boring

You'd think it was a Naughty Dog game will all that walking

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Going to buy a new tv for my Series X coming, what should I be looking for to get the most out of it? Is it just 120 fps that I have to worry about?

evil_geko

I think it looks quite empty, something about it I can't quite put my finger on it though.
Which survival horror should look like, enemy encounters should be sparse. I think lots of people here just expected some fast paced Doom game or something, which would be boring af for me.

And it certainly helps Alien franchise being my favorite movie franchise.

Bojan11

Scorn looks boring

You'd think it was a Naughty Dog game will all that walking
Mate it’s a indie game that they needed to put on Kickstarter to fund. Naughty Dog games are like 50 times the budget of what that game cost to make. They got £190k from Kickstarter to make that game. So I would cut them some slack.

Alock1

Mate it’s a indie game that they needed to put on Kickstarter to fund. Naughty Dog games are like 50 times the budget of what that game cost to make. They got £190k from Kickstarter to make that game. So I would cut them some slack.
Was just a dig at Naughty Dog pal

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout

Here's your Series X gameplay @esmufc07
That looks cool. The atmosphere looks good, and it looks like it might be the kind of game that lets you go around and do your own thing without the game forcing you to play it the way it wants you to play it, the way so many do.

Plus, a video of over ten minutes of gameplay from an Xbox/PS game without a cutscene, hallelujah.

Alock1

You purchasing a new TV for the X?
Nah.

I was thinking that a new TV or monitor could be an option if I cancel the Ps5 preorder. I need to sort a proper WFH space so could do it with a monitor and gaming in mind.

If you could get reasonably priced 4k120hz i'd have probably done it already. Cheapest option seem to be those Eve monitors at £600 but it's a bit of a risk as they're crowd funded.

Bojan11

Nah.

I was thinking that a new TV or monitor could be an option if I cancel the Ps5 preorder. I need to sort a proper WFH space so could do it with a monitor and gaming in mind.

If you could get reasonably priced 4k120hz i'd have probably done it already. Cheapest option seem to be those Eve monitors at £600 but it's a bit of a risk as they're crowd funded.
Yeah someone on here mentioned that they looking forward to getting their eve spectrum monitor this year. Good luck with that. That company is shady.

Asus are releasing a HDMI 2.1 monitor soon, but it’s going to be on the pricey side like a lot of the 2.1 monitors will be.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Yeah someone on here mentioned that they looking forward to getting their eve spectrum monitor this year. Good luck with that. That company is shady.

Asus are releasing a HDMI 2.1 monitor soon, but it’s going to be on the pricey side like a lot of the 2.1 monitors will be.
Their updates are good and honest - they haven’t hidden from their past. They’ve had some good success but had issues with 1 product only. Shipping is mid to late December, they were hoping for November but as with everything going on it’s delayed.

I have a refundable deposit,reviews coming soon too as they’ve sent out some pre release monitors already for it.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Can I just quickly say that I don't think any of you are scumbags. I like that we just use this thread just to talk about the games we love, especially in these desolate times when sorrow reigns and blackest night cascades the sky.

No bad vibes here.

Game on, dudes.

Last edited:

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Can I just quickly say that I don't think any of you are scumbags. I enjoy using this thread just to talk about the games we love, especially in these desolate times when sorrow reigns and blackest night cascades the sky.

Game on, dudes.
scum

Shark

@NotShark
Going to buy a new tv for my Series X coming, what should I be looking for to get the most out of it? Is it just 120 fps that I have to worry about?
Nah.

This LG has a 100hz panel if it's any use to ya. Also hdmi 2.1. Seems to be reasonably priced for what you get.

https://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-49nano866na

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Their updates are good and honest - they haven’t hidden from their past. They’ve had some good success but had issues with 1 product only. Shipping is mid to late December, they were hoping for November but as with everything going on it’s delayed.

I have a refundable deposit,reviews coming soon too as they’ve sent out some pre release monitors already for it.
Think I jinxed this. monitor delayed until February due to bugs and imperfections with design and manufacturing tolerances.

At least there will be plenty of reviews out for both this and other suppliers - can decide to hold tough or seek a new option. Have a 4k tv anyway for release so not too bothered.

Bojan11

Think I jinxed this. monitor delayed until February due to bugs and imperfections with design and manufacturing tolerances.

At least there will be plenty of reviews out for both this and other suppliers - can decide to hold tough or seek a new option. Have a 4k tv anyway for release so not too bothered.
I would just cancel it and wait it out. Unless you enjoy losing money.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I’ll wait and see. Still seems to be some time off for anyone releasing this type of monitor in Europe - even the Acer one doesn’t have too much easily obtainable info and will be next year. I want to utilize my work area for gaming too so no point going for a big tv either.

Reviews will make or break it for me and plenty of others - they said Linus had been sent one, so we shall see.

bonothom

Yep hdmi 2.1 for 120fps @4k. Although 8k tvs are coming down in price and so that might be worth considering.

rotherham_red

Yep hdmi 2.1 for 120fps @4k. Although 8k tvs are coming down in price and so that might be worth considering.
To what, £23k from £50k? :lol:

8k is a pointless vanity purchase for the uber rich. No country other than Japan even broadcasts any 8k content and the big move studios certainly aren't rushing to produce any 8k content either.

The best thing to do, is to get the latest TV tech 4 or 5 years in to its life cycle, when it has properly matured and every manufacturer has the process down to a fine art. Like now, with OLED. I bought a Plasma in its final year of mass-scale production and have waited until either this year (or more likely next) to get an OLED, even though I've known since 2012 that it was going to be my 4k format of choice and didn't bother with the generic 4k LCD panels that were ubiquitous from 2013 to c.2017.

The next one after OLED, is probably going to be QD-OLED or QNED which are going to be the main two formats for when 8k starts to emerge, but they're still at least 4 years away from properly maturing.

hubbuh

I bought a 48inch Samsung for 30 quid from a mate to replace my 32inch Sony from 2011. Unfortunately the Samsung is from 2006.

Is Black Friday a decent time to pick up a TV? It'd be wrong to watch films and play games over Christmas on something not that many years off from the treble season.

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
How much will an Xbox One og go for once these are out? Seen some on eBay going for £150 at the mo. More than I expected. Does that sound right?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
How much will an Xbox One og go for once these are out? Seen some on eBay going for £150 at the mo. More than I expected. Does that sound right?
No idea but I'd be very surprised if they held any value when these things become more widely available. It's not got any staying power because it's being superseded in all respects by this new behemoth. Unlike previous generations, exclusives won't be a factor at all.

If you can sell yours for £150 now then go, speed racer, go.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
No idea but I'd be very surprised if they held any value when these things become more widely available. It's not got any staying power because it's being superseded in all respects by this new behemoth. Unlike previous generations, exclusives won't be a factor at all.

If you can sell yours for £150 now then go, speed racer, go.
I can't sell it now because there's literally nothing else to do other than go for a run, cook and play cod :(

bonothom

To what, £23k from £50k? :lol:

8k is a pointless vanity purchase for the uber rich. No country other than Japan even broadcasts any 8k content and the big move studios certainly aren't rushing to produce any 8k content either.
65" 8k tvs are now £2700 for a Samsung and £3000 for an LG. The 55" LG is now £1500 down from £2000. They aren't Oled but they do get excellent reviews especially the LG. If you buy a 4k tv now you may feel in 6 months time you wished you had waited to get an 8k tv when a 65" will probably be below £2000.