Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Yeah 100% but VR doesn't really exist here (on Redcafe). Can't wait to check out HLA :drool:

Fam... This isn't the wind up thread are you seriously trying to tell me the warping and density made possible by the SSD is possible on PS4 Pro let alone PS4 from 2013? Gtfoh...
The density of what? Enemies and shit happening? Obviously that'd be scaled back but yes.

The warping? Do you mean where he grapples to those portals and quickly changes to a new perspective within the map? If so, yes, I've played multiple games with mechanics like that.

Unless there's another video, there's no mechanics or level design in the one you shared that couldn't be replicated on PS4 in a less impressive manner.

The same sort of upgrades you'll see in a Spiderman, Gears 5 or Horizon 4.

Shark

@NotShark
You guys have to drop this outdated idea of 'generations'. Consoles are basically PCs now, meaning slight improvements with each new upgrade.

Drop it like a diplodocus drops a dodo feasting on a McRib.

It's why Xbox is winning with service additions like Gamepass. Truly innovative ideas that will push us to the technology singularity.
Wouldn't say the PS5 is a slight improvement on the PS4 that launched in 2013, it's a substantial upgrade, especially with the addition of the SSD. Same with Xbox. In terms of what they do in comparison to say the PS2 and PS3 the jump may not be as big and anything that comes out this generation can technically be down scaled in previous generation. However because of the low framerates they'll run like crap in comparison as games get a bit more complex. Take that space game No Man's Sky for example, what the developers can do with that game simply because of less framrate restrictions is massive next gen. Eventually they'd have to pretty much scrap updating previous gen because of the work they'd need to put in to keep a steady fps and the graphical experience would need to be downgraded every time.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Ireland discussing level 5 lockdown - I nominated to pick up my console, could be a bit of a mess if everything is closed!

Until then, making use of gamepass with mud runners (boring but kills an hour) and Quantum Break (enjoying it so far)

Bojan11

Ireland discussing level 5 lockdown - I nominated to pick up my console, could be a bit of a mess if everything is closed!

Until then, making use of gamepass with mud runners (boring but kills an hour) and Quantum Break (enjoying it so far)
Surely they can open up, sort preorders out in appointments so everyone is not there at the same time.

GAME said they would do that if they had issues.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Surely they can open up, sort preorders out in appointments so everyone is not there at the same time.

GAME said they would do that if they had issues.
not sure! Really comes down to the government legislation. Level 5 tends to be your are not allowed to travel outside of 5km from your home unless it is for grocery shopping. GameStop was closed for a few months on our first lockdown in March, so it’s really up in the air.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I need the help of someone who knows more about the new consoles than I do. I currently have a PS4, but I'm kind of tempted to return to Xbox. I don't have a 4k projector (or TV) and don't plan on buying one in the next couple of years. That makes me feel that the Series X would be a waste of money and I should consider buying the Series S. The main thing I'm interested in with the next gen is shorter load times. So how does the Series S compare to the Series X in that aspect?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I need the help of someone who knows more about the new consoles than I do. I currently have a PS4, but I'm kind of tempted to return to Xbox. I don't have a 4k projector (or TV) and don't plan on buying one in the next couple of years. That makes me feel that the Series X would be a waste of money and I should consider buying the Series S. The main thing I'm interested in with the next gen is shorter load times. So how does the Series S compare to the Series X in that aspect?
In terms of storage, both will carry an SSD for faster load times and the rest of the abilities that solid-state drives can offer. The X will come with a 1TB internal SSD, with an expansion slot for an additional, proprietary 1TB drive. It will also support USB 3 and up external hard drives.

In comparison, the Series S will have a 512GB SSD to keep costs down. That'll give it the same super fast loading times and other features, but we are seriously worried about the capacity considering most games these days are anywhere up to 100GB in size. Some are even larger, such as Call of Duty: Warzone.

Thankfully, it will also support the 1TB Expansion Card that will be available separately. And both consoles will support external USB 3.0 drives (and above) - although they won't work with the faster loading times, etc.
https://www.pocket-lint.com/games/b...-xbox-series-s-what-s-the-rumoured-difference

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
You guys have to drop this outdated idea of 'generations'. Consoles are basically PCs now, meaning slight improvements with each new upgrade.

Drop it like a diplodocus drops a dodo feasting on a McRib.

It's why Xbox is winning with service additions like Gamepass. Truly innovative ideas that will push us to the technology singularity.
Any reason I shouldn't get a One X? (Not a series X)

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
The load times will be the same across S and X. Be careful, though, the S only has a 500gb SSD

wr8_utd

:'(
Phil Spencer said that the Series S can actually even load some games faster than the Series X due to the lower end graphics on it as compared to the bigger machine. I've purchased the Series S as well and the only real issue is the 512 GB space tbh but I'm not a serious gamer and I do already own an external HDD that I'll plug in as additional if and when required.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
The load times will be the same across S and X. Be careful, though, the S only has a 500gb SSD
And that isn't including the operating system, so storage is below 400GB for games and media. Not something that bothers me but for those who like to have multiple games on their device and play the games with bloated sizes like COD, it isn't ideal.

Other than that, Series S seems better to have.

Alock1

And that isn't including the operating system, so storage is below 400GB for games and media. Not something that bothers me but for those who like to have multiple games on their device and play the games with bloated sizes like COD, it isn't ideal.

Other than that, Series S seems better to have.
Personally I think the memory is too big a stumbling block until xCloud is available on the console and the memory card is cheaper.

Ive got 100s of games including gamepads, EA access and all the games with gold and I can only have 5 or 6 on the console because the likes of COD are 100gb.

I do wonder how big a deal it will be to the casual gamer though. After all, millions of us are still using 500gb base Xbox / PS4s and make it work.

Alock1

Aren't Microsoft supporting it for the next few years.

Hence Sony's "we believe in generations"
Phil Spencer said 'the next couple of years' but hard to know if that will include 2021. I also wouldn't be surprised if it's case by case, and particularly for the smaller studios they allow to focus on next gen.

I'm not even sure if Flight Sim has been explicitly confirmed to be on One consoles or just Series S/X.

From what I can tell, both Xbox and Sony have the same approach to generations in that they most big exclusives this year and next will be on both consoles (with Xbox providing some free upgrades/remasters)

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Aren't Microsoft supporting it for the next few years.

Hence Sony's "we believe in generations"
Nope. Only Halo infinite is scheduled for Xbox One. Even if MS were supporting it, you would go without all the 3rd party games that are next gen only

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Phil Spencer said 'the next couple of years' but hard to know if that will include 2021. I also wouldn't be surprised if it's case by case, and particularly for the smaller studios they allow to focus on next gen.

I'm not even sure if Flight Sim has been explicitly confirmed to be on One consoles or just Series S/X.

From what I can tell, both Xbox and Sony have the same approach to generations in that they most big exclusives this year and next will be on both consoles (with Xbox providing some free upgrades/remasters)
See I'm deffo going to get a PS5 eventually (I know wrong thread)

But would like to play RDR1 in 4k at better frame rate

Probably other games I want to play too

Cole9

Game Pass Ultimate for 3 years for £91 was a deal too good to turn down. I'm looking forward to playing games that I missed out on, such as Forza Horizon 4, Forza 7, Ori and the Blind Forest, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, and more. These games and buying the new COD at launch will keep me busy for months.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Ireland in lockdown, GameStop will be closed up passed the 10th of November, feck it anyway - hope they’ll give us an option to get it delivered

Bojan11

Ireland in lockdown, GameStop will be closed up passed the 10th of November, feck it anyway - hope they’ll give us an option to get it delivered
It is why I told @esmufc07 do not order from store. A normal year, I would have loved to have gone to a midnight launch.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Saying they might allow click and collect for some retail shops.

hubbuh

Game Pass Ultimate for 3 years for £91 was a deal too good to turn down. I'm looking forward to playing games that I missed out on, such as Forza Horizon 4, Forza 7, Ori and the Blind Forest, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, and more. These games and buying the new COD at launch will keep me busy for months.
How have you done that?