Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Traub

It really does look like a subwoofer. But to be fair the form factor is completely different. At that shape and design you could just leave it on the floor next to your cabinet.

Shark

@NotShark
Microsoft underdone their design and Sony overdone theirs. Both look crap.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Microsoft underdone their design and Sony overdone theirs. Both look crap.
Agree with that. Thankfully the X is on the acceptable side of it - boring. Feel like all it needed was a nice thin strip of white light around it or something.

Shark

@NotShark
Agree with that. Thankfully the X is on the acceptable side of it - boring. Feel like all it needed was a nice thin strip of white light around it or something.
Yeah :lol:

I'd probably take boring over whatever the PS5 is supposed to resemble though, seems they wanted to make it look like something folks in the 90's thinks looks super futuristic but in 2020 it doesn't exactly come off.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Shark

@NotShark
Can’t wait for people to spend money on a next gen console that isn’t next gen.
It's next gen to the folks moving from 1080p 30fps consoles. How many people have 4K TV's capable of hitting the bigger refresh rates on Series X and PS5 also. My brother has a 4K TV but it's got a 50 refresh rate. You have to fork put another few hundred to get the most out of it .

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
It's next gen to the folks moving from 1080p 30fps consoles. How many people have 4K TV's capable of hitting the bigger refresh rates on Series X and PS5 also. My brother has a 4K TV but it's got a 50 refresh rate. You have to fork put another few hundred to gdt the most out of it .
You seem very sensitive on the issue

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
That's a fecking desktop PC at this stage

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Again, The Series S is a next-gen machine. It's the One S equivalent from this gen. The Series X is the One X. I don't know why this seems difficult for some. Well, I do actually, because they're raging fanboys. Aren't some of you folk getting a little old for this shit?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Again, The Series S is a next-gen machine. It's the One S equivalent from this gen. The Series X is the One X. I don't know why this seems difficult for some. Well, I do actually, because they're raging fanboys. Aren't some of you folk getting a little old for this shit?
Nobody getting angry except you

Castia

Can’t wait for people to spend money on a next gen console that isn’t next gen.
The gaming scene seems to have changed over the years. You get the enthusiasts who are obsessed with frames and resolution and want the best possible performance but that market seems to be shrinking just look at the switch and mobile markets the vast majority don’t care about that stuff.

My step son plays Xbox like all the time he’s obsessed, yet he doesn’t care about the graphics because all he plays is FIFA, CoD, Fortnite and Rocket League, he’s spent god knows how much on skins and dlc on those 4 games alone. Hes buying himself the Series S even though he’s got a 4K tv in his room, it’s cheap plays all the games he likes and will last him years into next gen, I bet the Series S outsells the X by about 4-1.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
The gaming scene seems to have changed over the years. You get the enthusiasts who are obsessed with frames and resolution and want the best possible performance but that market seems to be shrinking just look at the switch and mobile markets the vast majority don’t care about that stuff.

My step son plays Xbox like all the time he’s obsessed, yet he doesn’t care about the graphics because all he plays is FIFA, CoD, Fortnite and Rocket League, he’s spent god knows how much on skins and dlc on those 4 games alone. Hes buying himself the Series S even though he’s got a 4K tv in his room, it’s cheap plays all the games he likes and will last him years into next gen, I bet the Series S outsells the X by about 4-1.
Agreed with that except I think it'll be 7-1

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I bet the Series S outsells the X by about 4-1.
Easily. The price is hugely appealing and downloads are on the rise. Do think a few of those purchases will be by people thinking that EA Play being bundled in means they get to play the latest FIFA now but in reality it is about 8 months down the line.

PS: can you give me your step-son's tv? Thanks.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Its about as powerful now no?
As said every new launch :lol:

The gaming scene seems to have changed over the years. You get the enthusiasts who are obsessed with frames and resolution and want the best possible performance but that market seems to be shrinking just look at the switch and mobile markets the vast majority don’t care about that.
No. The gaming scene hasn't changed. If you think we weren't arguing in the 90's about the speed of the snes cpu vs the genesis one, then you are mistaken. Just like arguing over exclusives, just like arguing over bullshit new standards like "terraflops" :lol:

The only thing that has changed are the buzzwords. The real sad thing is that even with the internet and the ability to learn for ourselves, people still accept the same old nonsense dressed up as shiney new nonsense.

For example...60hz...I mean, can anyone tell me the correlation with that and the PAL TV standard that caused so much controversy with the Snes? And why people still don't get the difference between hz and fps? And yet here we are 28 years later, same standard being misunderstood and people just accepting it.

/weaste

In the end, it's always been about the games for the gamers. It always should be about the games. That has never changed, the only thing changing is how we absorb them, how we interact with them, how we buy them. Funny thing is, for the last good few years plenty have spoken about the death of consoles and all that, yet here we are with 4 at launch, and at least 7 total before the generation plays out :lol:

Marcelinho87

I am tempted to jump in with the all access they do, £28.99 a month for the Series X and 24 months Ultimate seems good to me.

Nickosaur

As said every new launch :lol:
Somewhat tongue in cheek... but is it that far away? If you compare £500 of PC with the series X, is it a million miles away?

I've recently built a pc capable of 1440p gaming, and will almost certainly be getting a ps5. I've got no skin in the game, but i think the series X is an impressive bit of kit.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Somewhat tongue in cheek... but is it that far away? If you compare £500 of PC with the series X, is it a million miles away?

I've recently built a pc capable of 1440p gaming, and will almost certainly be getting a ps5. I've got no skin in the game, but i think the series X is an impressive bit of kit.
Someone did a test, and it's at least £1200 worth of pc, apparently.

Adamsk7

Have they said how much the Xbox expansion card will cost? I've seen this picture saying $220.
I reckon it’ll be about £180 for another 1tb. That’s quite a lot but maybe something I’d consider in a year+ time depending how much I’m buying digitally/how big games are. Like all storage though, I’d expect it to reduce in price as time goes on.

Rooney1987

I reckon it’ll be about £180 for another 1tb. That’s quite a lot but maybe something I’d consider in a year+ time depending how much I’m buying digitally/how big games are. Like all storage though, I’d expect it to reduce in price as time goes on.
Wouldn't you just get a Series X at that point? A 1.5tb Series S will cost more then a Series X.

The 500 gb is the one and only downside to Series S for me.

Adamsk7

Wouldn't you just get a Series X at that point? A 1.5tb Series S will cost more then a Series X.

The 500 gb is the one and only downside to Series S for me.
I’m getting a series X anyway. That’s what I mean, having 2tb would be good and whilst it’s too much to justify on day one for me, I could consider it down the line. As you say if you’re someone that needs storage, the S is out of the question

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Dont disc games install on the SSD / HDD? So you don't save space by buying discs? It's one thing which would make me possibly go back to discs because I get sick of installing and downloading games all the time. Modern warfare is about a billion suoermegagigantagigs by itself anyway isn't it?

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Have they said how much the Xbox expansion card will cost? I've seen this picture saying $220.
Very expensive. I think using an HDD to store games on is the way to go. You need to transfer them to the SSD to play next gen stuff, though.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
The biggest caveat with the Series S is not that it does not do old games at 4k, that's some faux outrage, it's the fact it's SSD is only 500gb. That's going to be the real issue.

Bojan11

Preorders are up at 8am according to GAME.

I was planning on going to midnight launch for both consoles, but COVID has put me off. So here’s the places I recommend. ShopTo, they had preorder slots for both consoles so you probably going to be further down their list. They use DPD who tell you what exact time they coming and you can stalk the driver on the app.

Amazon as they probably with GAME will have the most stock. If you have a problem with the console they would replace it as long as it’s within a year of purchase. Argos is the one I want to order from as they have done midnight delivery for Xbox one x and games in the past and I hope they do it for these consoles. I think Amazon have done midnight deliveries too for a few COD games, so would be great if they do it for consoles. There’s a few other places like simply games.

Redlambs

Someone did a test, and it's at least £1200 worth of pc, apparently.
Again, as said every launch :lol:

Redlambs

Preorders are up at 8am according to GAME.

I was planning on going to midnight launch for both consoles, but COVID has put me off. So here’s the places I recommend. ShopTo, they had preorder slots for both consoles so you probably going to be further down their list. They use DPD who tell you what exact time they coming and you can stalk the driver on the app.

Amazon as they probably with GAME will have the most stock. If you have a problem with the console they would replace it as long as it’s within a year of purchase. Argos is the one I want to order from as they have done midnight delivery for Xbox one x and games in the past and I hope they do it for these consoles. I think Amazon have done midnight deliveries too for a few COD games, so would be great if they do it for consoles. There’s a few other places like simply games.
If you go to GAME, you are a tool.

They deserve to go under, they are cheating lying scumbags, they are far worse than the likes of Amazon and all for the chance to jack prices and earn a cheap buck.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
If you go to GAME, you are a tool.

They deserve to go under, they are cheating lying scumbags, they are far worse than the likes of Amazon and all for the chance to jack prices and earn a cheap buck.
Totally agree. I hate them more than sports direct

Adamsk7

Totally agree. I hate them more than sports direct
Same company now Ashley owns them!
Saying that, I find my local one very good and I do buy stuff off them, just because I like the staff.