Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Hellblade 2: Senua's Saga will only run at 30fps on Xbox Series X/S.

The forthcoming game from Ninja Theory has been built exclusively for Xbox and PC using Unreal Engine 5, truly showing the power of the engine.

However, this comes at a cost. As German outlet GamePro has confirmed, the game only runs at 30fps on console with a dynamic resolution. There are no graphics modes, although frame rate can be increased if played on PC.

https://www.eurogamer.net/hellblade-2-will-be-30fps-only-on-xbox-consoles

Ainu

It's disappointing but I do think 30 fps is probably fine for a game like Hellblade, as long as it's a perfect lock.

The sad reality is that over the last year we've seen that the current consoles will often either give us sub 60 fps performance, or absurdly low resolutions, even sub 1080p at times. I feel like devs have got their priorities all wrong.

Bebe

It's disappointing but I do think 30 fps is probably fine for a game like Hellblade, as long as it's a perfect lock.

The sad reality is that over the last year we've seen that the current consoles will often either give us sub 60 fps performance, or absurdly low resolutions, even sub 1080p at times. I feel like devs have got their priorities all wrong.
It's so frustrating to see performance budgets focused on graphical bells and whistles instead of achieving 60fps. I just finished Ghost of Tsushima and, from an experiential POV, the game feels and plays so much better than games coming out today at 30 fps with more detailed grass textures or whatever.

Unfortunately my suspicion is that devs have strong data to back up the idea that more particle effects and flashy graphics sells games better than solid performance.