Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

wr8_utd

:'(
Just transferred a 30gb game to my external HDD (a regular USB 3.0 device) and it took just 2.5 - 3 minutes which is a pretty quick amount of time in my opinion. Will be transferring most of the games that I rarely plan to play onto the HDD.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Ray tracing is a huge leap. Just not gonna be fully realised on these new consoles.

Anyway, first big crash today. Surprise surprise it was the fecking MS store, black screening and refusing to open, which also cancelled and deleted all partial downloads.

That's a common problem they've never fixed, on the plus side it looks like the partial games haven't duplicated on the ssd. Yet anyway, I'm yet to reattempt redownload :lol:
Sort of semi-related. I've had about 20 crashes to the home screen playing Bloodstained. That game is buggy as hell.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Sort of semi-related. I've had about 20 crashes to the home screen playing Bloodstained. That game is buggy as hell.
It's probably not the game tbf, it's the console and the store more than anything. I think early on the game had issues, but don't recall getting them on the Switch or the PC (once I dealt with the related ms store issues).

Plus on the Series X we've had numerous games crash out. This is the first time we've had something flat out crash on start and stay that way though. But again, I'm not surprised, I've already said time and again about the MS store.

I'm just hoping we steer clear of the more serious issues that can occur with it, I've no idea if we get the reset or duplication issues on the xbox how they'll be resolved, it's fecking bad enough on pc! :lol:

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Haven't had a crash yet at all. No frame drops either.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I've had two crashes, but admittedly, both were the Xbox One version of Cold War before the game had been released in the UK yet (we'd changed Region to New Zealand to unlock it early and give it a try). Console crashed before it even got into a game both times.

Otherwise and through normal use, no issues yet. I've been using gamepass but just casually without realising, not exactly pushing it yet.

Alock1

There's a post over on hotukdeals about a workaround to get Cold War for £5.

I've done it, and it works. I've since read that it's very likely going to end up in a ban.
Just looked. Can't imagine they'd ban you for that. Surely at worst they'd just stop the bundle working til you purchased the full game.

Or is there something specific about requesting refunds?

Bojan11

I've done it, and it works. I've since read that it's very likely going to end up in a ban.
Anyone been banned?

You asked for a refund right? They should really remove the game from you.

But yeah, I would never use these marketplace glitches or stuff because sometimes it can lead to a ban.

Woodzy

Anyone been banned?

You asked for a refund right? They should really remove the game from you.

But yeah, I would never use these marketplace glitches or stuff because sometimes it can lead to a ban.
Yeh I asked for a refund. I'm hoping if they do ban me I can just appeal and feign ignorance tbh.

I wish I did some research before diving in! All my games are digital and got 2 years left on Gamepass.

Bosws87

Yeh I asked for a refund. I'm hoping if they do ban me I can just appeal and feign ignorance tbh.

I wish I did some research before diving in! All my games are digital and got 2 years left on Gamepass.
You won't get banned just the game taken off you, minimal problem compared to the language and abuse used on the daily in online gaming.

Bojan11

It’s their own fault. Just play stupid and say you didn’t have a clue. Did you play it after the glitch? That’s the only problem as they can look that up. Just say your kid didn’t know it was refunded and started playing it.

Redlambs

I've had two crashes, but admittedly, both were the Xbox One version of Cold War before the game had been released in the UK yet (we'd changed Region to New Zealand to unlock it early and give it a try). Console crashed before it even got into a game both times.

Otherwise and through normal use, no issues yet. I've been using gamepass but just casually without realising, not exactly pushing it yet.
I'm slightly worried about asking what you'd consider abnormal use of an Xbox is...

Woodzy

It’s their own fault. Just play stupid and say you didn’t have a clue. Did you play it after the glitch? That’s the only problem as they can look that up. Just say your kid didn’t know it was refunded and started playing it.
Yeh that's what I think. I could even say it was my intention to refund the gifted game as well but it wouldn't let me.

Haven't played it yet, it has been installing though...

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I couldn't really restrain myself and bought it today. :lol: Got Game Pass Ultimate already and put FH4, Forza 7, Halo 5, Gears 5 and Gears Tactics downloading. What other games should I be getting now? Mind I have NBA 2K, Dirt 5, Watch Dogs Legion already bought for PS5.

Bojan11

Only issue I had was black screen on Yakuza after cut scene. But just restarted game via Dash, so had to do some of the previous mission again.

Bosws87

Yeh that's what I think. I could even say it was my intention to refund the gifted game as well but it wouldn't let me.

Play it you wet jesus :lol:

altodevil

I couldn't really restrain myself and bought it today. :lol: Got Game Pass Ultimate already and put FH4, Forza 7, Halo 5, Gears 5 and Gears Tactics downloading. What other games should I be getting now? Mind I have NBA 2K, Dirt 5, Watch Dogs Legion already bought for PS5.
Touryst if you haven't played it before. Ori.

Bojan11

That should be fine. They will just remove the license.

If you played it for hours after doing that then yeah they could ban you. But you haven’t played the game and just can easily say you changed your mind. The refund system is there for a reason.

Bojan11

Genji.

Redlambs

:lol:

Playing on your own region to not access games not yet released I guess
;)

But yeah there are issues, nothing I consider noteworthy outside of any other launch though, other than the store having issues. I don't mean to continue to be a doom monger, but when you've had to deal with the store issues on PC you'll know why I'm very nervous about this :nervous:

However the console has been under some pretty heavy load at times, and I've only heard the fan once and never worried about the temp. I remain impressed with the build in these early days.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
OK, got my new elite controller today and what I can say is that MS did a great job with the new Series controllers. They feel about the same build-quality wise as an elite.

With the controller came 14 days of Gamepass ultimate. It's for new members only, though. Anyone here want it?

Alock1

;)

But yeah there are issues, nothing I consider noteworthy outside of any other launch though, other than the store having issues. I don't mean to continue to be a doom monger, but when you've had to deal with the store issues on PC you'll know why I'm very nervous about this :nervous:

However the console has been under some pretty heavy load at times, and I've only heard the fan once and never worried about the temp. I remain impressed with the build in these early days.
Is your son even getting any time with it or are you hogging it to yourself?

Redlambs

Is your son even getting any time with it or are you hogging it to yourself?
:lol: nah he's getting dibs as much as he likes.

Spoilt little shit keeps moaning about using a controller though, how is it an 8 year old only cares about using KBM! I'm both super proud (his aim is insane for his age and the bloody sens he uses) and sad about it as console was my first true gaming love.

bonothom

It's not one of them game sharing scams you get on fleabay is it? They give you an xbox account where the game has been bought and you can download and play it from your account. I think it's a loophole they exploit with the game sharing.

bonothom

What if you have watch dogs legion installed on a external drive(after installing on xbox one x) and have the series x version on internal drive. Technically it says you can't play a series x optimised game from external. But I can play watch dogs legion from external. Does that mean I'm playing the un-optimised version from external? This will be the version without Ray Tracing, will it not, as the one x doesnt have it.

Woodzy

It's not one of them game sharing scams you get on fleabay is it? They give you an xbox account where the game has been bought and you can download and play it from your account. I think it's a loophole they exploit with the game sharing.
Nah, this is an actual glitch with the Xbox marketplace.

I’ll rephrase that actually. It’s not even a glitch, it’s just a really poorly thought out method of distributing the game that’s main intention was to make a little extra cash for next gen.

Bojan11

From the comments some absolute weapon said he spoke to Microsoft about this and they are taking action to rectify it as soon as possible. What a cretin.
That has to be @esmufc07 as he can’t let Xbox people have fun and he’s a resident snitch. Reported me a few times.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Managed to play Horizon 4 for a few minutes only, graphics look super crisp though my TV is subpar despite being 4k and the superior one is still in the box waiting for when we move.

Very impressed by the console design. It’s much smaller than I thought and I love the minimalist style.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Nah, this is an actual glitch with the Xbox marketplace.

I’ll rephrase that actually. It’s not even a glitch, it’s just a really poorly thought out method of distributing the game that’s main intention was to make a little extra cash for next gen.
Now they are aware, if I were you I'd log a call with their customer services people asking them why you still have the game when you refunded it. This could work in your favour should they try to ban you as long as you log it before they take any action

Woodzy

Now they are aware, if I were you I'd log a call with their customer services people asking them why you still have the game when you refunded it. This could work in your favour should they try to ban you as long as you log it before they take any action
Cheers, i'm going to hit them up on the live chat I think. Would be useful as a backup in worst case scenario.

All done, spoke to someone who told me there were no issues with the refund and the game still being in my account was normal. It should be removed within 24 hours apparently.

Last edited:

Traub

I'm really torn at the moment. I've decided I'm not going to be spending big amounts on latest releases, so gamepass seems the best value for money in the long term. Also, I won't have that much time to game (maybe an hour here or there), so I'm thinking the Series S is probably the best value for money in the long term for me. Just a quick question for the more knowledgeable, does everything eventually get released on gamepass e.g. will that new Harry Potter game be on gamepass a year or two down the line?

altodevil

I'm really torn at the moment. I've decided I'm not going to be spending big amounts on latest releases, so gamepass seems the best value for money in the long term. Also, I won't have that much time to game (maybe an hour here or there), so I'm thinking the Series S is probably the best value for money in the long term for me. Just a quick question for the more knowledgeable, does everything eventually get released on gamepass e.g. will that new Harry Potter game be on gamepass a year or two down the line?
No that'll only really be the case for Xbox studio games, which would be day one. No guarantee but there's a real mix.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Cheers, i'm going to hit them up on the live chat I think. Would be useful as a backup in worst case scenario.

All done, spoke to someone who told me there were no issues with the refund and the game still being in my account was normal. It should be removed within 24 hours apparently.
Good work. I'd say that still protects you from a possible ban. Did you save the chat or a screenshot of them saying it was okay?

Woodzy

Good work. I'd say that still protects you from a possible ban. Did you save the chat or a screenshot of them saying it was okay?
Got screenshots and an e-mail log. It's a bit weird though because they way the chat system works, I don't think they were official support, but i'm using their word as gospel either way.