Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Got screenshots and an e-mail log. It's a bit weird though because they way the chat system works, I don't think they were official support, but i'm using their word as gospel either way.
I reckon you'll get to keep the upgrade version of the game and the refund.

Alock1

Halo MCC update is out.
Getting it downloaded as we speak

If anybody is up for doing some of the campaign playlist challenges let me know.

You can play all the warthog, sniper or flood levels as a playlist for example, bouncing from game to game.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Got screenshots and an e-mail log. It's a bit weird though because they way the chat system works, I don't think they were official support, but i'm using their word as gospel either way.
Their support are just gamers that volunteer and get free shit out of it. From what Reddit says they get told minimal and often have to wing it.

Edit: oh wait, this is Activision. You’re probably talking about MS

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
@Alock1 What's the point of the tall stick that comes with the elite controller? How's it supposed to help with fps games?

Alock1

@Alock1 What's the point of the tall stick that comes with the elite controller? How's it supposed to help with fps games?
The tall thumbstick? More control for long range, and the wider sticks are more for short range fast reactions.

Unless you mean the screw that can tighten the thumbstick tension.

Adamsk7

For anyone that buys FIFA, 21 is only £29.99 if you subscribe to Game Pass or EA Play

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
The tall thumbstick? More control for long range, and the wider sticks are more for short range fast reactions.

Unless you mean the screw that can tighten the thumbstick tension.
Yeah, I meant the thumbstick. I've been trying it for the last couple of hours and I don't like it. Probably just use a regular one.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Yeah, I meant the thumbstick. I've been trying it for the last couple of hours and I don't like it. Probably just use a regular one.
I use the longer one on the right analog and the shorter on the left. Means I have to move my thumbs further to get to the edge of the area and so gives me a little more control of where I want to aim, also feels better having them offset rather than level for me.

Bojan11

Getting it downloaded as we speak

If anybody is up for doing some of the campaign playlist challenges let me know.

You can play all the warthog, sniper or flood levels as a playlist for example, bouncing from game to game.
Does coop even work? Last time I played it and it was laggy as feck for whoever wasn’t host.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I'm doing awful in COD since I've been using this controller. I think I like the new standard one more :lol:

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Are you using the paddles? Start with just a couple.
Using two. I hate them. They make me hold the controller differently. I'm going to give it a few more days to see if I can get used to them and then decide if I'm going to sell this controller or not. The new Series controller has a similar build quality. So, if I can't get used to paddles then there is not much point to keeping it.

Bojan11

Using two. I hate them. They make me hold the controller differently. I'm going to give it a few more days to see if I can get used to them and then decide if I'm going to sell this controller or not. The new Series controller has a similar build quality. So, if I can't get used to paddles then there is not much point to keeping it.
Return it.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
:lol: I wouldn’t want to play without them now. Obviously a decent learning curve with them though.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Paddles are epic for CoD. I can’t live without them now. However I use the Elite v1 paddles as I found the Elite 2 paddles to feck too small.

Alock1

How long did it take you to use to them? I keep reloading when I don't mean to.
Just put two easy things as the paddles that can't really do much harm, and for now you could try having it side dependant. On mine, I started with both left as jump and both right as crouch/slide. Neither are a big deal to do if you press them by mistake.

Then just do a custom match against bots and constantly jump and slide around and they'll feel natural in no time.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Just put two easy things as the paddles that can't really do much harm, and for now you could try having it side dependant. On mine, I started with both left as jump and both right as crouch/slide. Neither are a big deal to do if you press them by mistake.

Then just do a custom match against bots and constantly jump and slide around and they'll feel natural in no time.
I'm using just the two smallest paddles. I'll keep with them for the next couple of days and see how I get on.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
How long did it take you to use to them? I keep reloading when I don't mean to.
I used the two left ones first. Got used to those over a week or two, maybe longer. Then put a third on, then the fourth became shift and I have two more.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Jesus I’ll have a lot to play now. Will download Halo, (only played it on the 360 at a mates, LAN party multiplayer style) - Cyberpunk, Cold War, Forza 4, Fallen Order - that’s me busy until feckin March....2022

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Well, a better day with the elite today. Hopefully, I'm finally getting used to it * touches wood*. It was a bad idea to try and get used to a new game and a new controller at the same time :lol:

In other news, my Xbox dropped its wifi last night and today. I looked it up and lots of people are having the same issue. MS is aware of the problem and is working on a fix. I just hope it's something on the software side. I can't be arsed with the hassle of having to send it off. It's currently working, anyway.

wr8_utd

:'(
So Halo MCC is a collection of a number of Halo titles, yes? I want to play the X/S optimized version but I don't want to download the entire 100+ GB. Will it let me select just the bits I want?

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Well, a better day with the elite today. Hopefully, I'm finally getting used to it * touches wood*. It was a bad idea to try and get used to a new game and a new controller at the same time :lol:

In other news, my Xbox dropped its wifi last night and today. I looked it up and lots of people are having the same issue. MS is aware of the problem and is working on a fix. I just hope it's something on the software side. I can't be arsed with the hassle of having to send it off. It's currently working, anyway.
not had that issue myself, if I’m not playing a game I tend to watch and listen to twitch while working away on the laptop.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Have you all played anything other than Tetris yet? Expected more excitement about your new console from you all.
For me there's feck all on there I haven't played before, nothing new or next gen at all. The gamepass is cracking value for what it is, but it's still very MS and all the best stuff I've got on PC or already played. My boy is finding it better, but even he is already a little bored at times. Minecraft Dungeons, Sea of Thieves and The Surge 2 are the ones on rotation most at the moment.

The funny thing is the missus tried it earlier and did the Netflix thing of spending the whole time just looking at all the games and realising she never actually picked one :lol:

Bojan11

Have you all played anything other than Tetris yet? Expected more excitement about your new console from you all.
Eh? I added @Alock1 yesterday and it looks like he’s been playing everything.

He’s definitely played more than what you going to play on PS5, which is one game. I myself played Yakuza and some Tetris.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
For me there's feck all on there I haven't played before, nothing new or next gen at all. The gamepass is cracking value for what it is, but it's still very MS and all the best stuff I've got on PC or already played. My boy is finding it better, but even he is already a little bored at times. Minecraft Dungeons, Sea of Thieves and The Surge 2 are the ones on rotation most at the moment.

The funny thing is the missus tried it earlier and did the Netflix thing of spending the whole time just looking at all the games and realising she never actually picked one :lol:
Yeah I did that with PS Now the other week. 85% of what’s on there is garbage. I’d imagine the same is the case with game pass